d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev18788899091445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.64
Jan 17 2018 11:15pm
Bannon defied the House Intelligence Committee today as he refused to answer questions related to Russia that took place after Trump's election. Bannon cited "executive privilege" which is a pretty grey area I think considering his position. I wonder if he is hiding something or maybe he just hates the committee. Either way I find his contempt amusing. Let's see how cooperative he is with Mueller...
Gold: 18,534.02
Jan 18 2018 08:20am
Did collusion we confirm yet plz?

KK tks.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 18 2018 04:04pm
Full Glenn Simpson testimony:
http://archive.is/GT2BA

The interesting bit that I immediately skipped to was the questioning on whether Christopher Steele was indeed paying his sources:

MR. ROONEY: Did you know how he paid these sources? MR. SIMPSON: Yeah. You know, essentially, my -- what I was doing was corroborating the information they were providing -- or trying to -- or determining whether it was credible. So that was a lot of the work that we did there. I think you asked about paying of sources. I think that's something that's erroneous that's been in the press.MR. ROONEY: How so? MR. SIMPSON: To my knowledge, Chris does not pay sources for information. MR. ROONEY: So they give it up for free? MR. SIMPSON: When you're running a source network, essentially what you are doing is paying subcontractors to -- MR. ROONEY: Right. MR. SIMPSON: -- circulate and gather information in conversations. And,again, this is not my specialty, which is why I hired him, but essentially it's hiring people to go talk to their contacts. And I think as a member of the Intelligence Committee that maybe you're familiar with this, but they don't - you know, when you have subcontractors in the field doing interviews, meeting people in bars, talking shop, they don't say, "I've been hired to go out and ask questions and see what people say," but that's essentially what happens.So what 1 think the misconception is, is that, you know, Chris has got people -- or Chris calls people up and says, "I'll give you $5,000 if you tell me what's going on with the Trump operation." And that didn't happen. MR. ROONEY: Are you sure?MR. SIMPSON: Well, I've asked Chris about it, and he said it doesn't -- didn't happen.

So yes, Steele paid his intermediaries for sure, and his intermediaries may or may not have paid their sources on an ad hoc basis. Simpson had a pretty clear self-interest to dodge around the question, and wanted to deny that sources were paid directly, but the money trail is still the same if Steele is paying Russian intermediaries who are themselves foreign actors, and may in turn be paying state actors.
That provides a money trail and information in return of:

DNC + Hillary campaign + Obama campaign -> Perkins Coie -> Fusion GPS -> Christopher Steele -> Russian intermediaries ~~ Russian sources
Money went down that pipeline, information came back up it. Hillary paid Russian agents for oppo on Trump.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 18 2018 05:16pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 18 2018 05:04pm)
Full Glenn Simpson testimony:
http://archive.is/GT2BA

The interesting bit that I immediately skipped to was the questioning on whether Christopher Steele was indeed paying his sources:

So yes, Steele paid his intermediaries for sure, and his intermediaries may or may not have paid their sources on an ad hoc basis. Simpson had a pretty clear self-interest to dodge around the question, and wanted to deny that sources were paid directly, but the money trail is still the same if Steele is paying Russian intermediaries who are themselves foreign actors, and may in turn be paying state actors.
That provides a money trail and information in return of:

DNC + Hillary campaign + Obama campaign -> Perkins Coie -> Fusion GPS -> Christopher Steele -> Russian intermediaries ~~ Russian sources
Money went down that pipeline, information came back up it. Hillary paid Russian agents for oppo on Trump.

I had no idea Obama was running in 2016.

Hillary paid for oppo research on her opponent, which included his foreign business dealings. That would require talking to foreigners. Lol.
Jan 18 2018 10:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 18 2018 05:16pm)
I had no idea Obama was running in 2016.

Hillary paid for oppo research on her opponent, which included his foreign business dealings. That would require talking to foreigners. Lol.

What is Trump being accused of, colluding with Russia? We have a money and intel trail showing Hillary/DNC/Obama all paid russian operatives for (bogus) oppo on Trump. That's besides also having proof of colluding with the Ukrainian government directly via its embassy, that one was a doozy
And even you have to recognize how alarming it should be that they hid this money trail from campaign finance oversight by disguising it as millions of $ in ''legal services" to Perkins Coie that was then used to fund Fusion GPS and Crowdstrike. Those are the actions of someone who wants to keep their hands clean of the affair during the election and give themselves plausible deniability. Which only makes sense, given the sensitivity of paying russian sources (or at least, russian intermediaries who then one way or another get intel from those sources). Why weren't they just sending this money directly to Fusion GPS and Crowdstrike themselves? Why pass it through Marc Elias disguised as legal counsel?

But yeah the Obama campaign is an odd quirk, most people don't realize it but his campaign 'organizing for america' / 'obama for america' / 'organizing for action' still existed and rebranded after his 2012 election victory, at which point it was retooled as a political advocacy group in favor of his agenda. Same organization, three names, different structuring each time. It paid $972,000 to Perkins Coie alongside the DNC and Hillary's campaign for the same ostensible 'legal services'.
Specifically:

Since April of 2016, Obama For America (OFA) has paid over $972,000 to Perkins Coie, records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) show.
OFA, Obama’s official campaign arm in 2016, paid nearly $800,000 to Perkins Coie in 2016 alone, according to FEC records. The first 2016 payments to Perkins Coie, classified only as “Legal Services,” were made April 25-26, 2016, and totaled $98,047. A second batch of payments, also classified as “Legal Services,” were disbursed to the law firm on September 29, 2016, and totaled exactly $700,000. Payments from OFA to Perkins Coie in 2017 totaled $174,725 through August 22, 2017.
Federal records show that Hillary Clinton’s official campaign organization, Hillary For America, paid just under $5.1 million to Perkins Coie in 2016. The DNC paid nearly $5.4 million to the law firm in 2016.

We know that HFA, DNC and OFA paid millions to Perkins Coie listed a 'legal services', who then in turn paid millions to Fusion GPS, who then in turn paid christopher steele, who then paid russian intermediaries, who may or may not have paid their sources on an ad hoc basis, who then passed information back to the intermediaries, who passed it to steele, who passed it to fusion gps, who passed it to perkins coie who passed it to the DNC/Hillary/Obama and the FBI, who then cited it while obtaining a FISA wiretap warrant on Trump's campaign manager, probably while he was still staying in Trump tower. And other Trump officials.
Jan 18 2018 10:59pm
its so many scandals out of left field I can't even keep them straight
  • Disguising campaign payments to Perkins Coie as legal services
  • Paying Russian state actors and/or active kremlin agents for oppo against Trump
  • Colluding with the Ukrainian embassy for oppo against Manafort
  • Wiretapping Trump's campaign via FISA
  • Citing the DNC manufactured political oppo for the FISA application
  • Unmasking that FISA intel
  • Weaponizing and leaking that intel to attack Michael Flynn
  • Hillary's email scandal's FBI handling
  • Hillary's JFA giving her total control over the DNC prior to the primaries (via Donna Brazile)
  • The DNC scheming with HRC to influence the primaries (via leaked emails, I mean its kind of redundant with above but technically scandals happened a year apart)
  • The media colluding with Hillary's campaign
  • DNC only letting Crowdstrike see its breached servers, not the FBI
  • Whatever was going on with Imran Awan and Pakistan

I'm sure I'm missing some
Gold: 10.77
Jan 19 2018 01:43am
A subcontractor of a subcontractor of a subcontractor talked to someone. Boom, collusion lock her up.
Gold: 90.58
Jan 19 2018 01:52am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 18 2018 11:43pm)
A subcontractor of a subcontractor of a subcontractor talked to someone. Boom, collusion lock her up.

You mean him?
Jan 19 2018 06:03am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 19 2018 01:43am)

You think that using layers of abstraction to distance themselves from their actions actually shields them from the consequences? That's some mighty magical plausible deniability, if it still remains plausible once its undeniable
Gold: 4,673.69
Jan 19 2018 06:43am
Quote (Goomshill @ 19 Jan 2018 06:59)
its so many scandals out of left field I can't even keep them straight
  • Disguising campaign payments to Perkins Coie as legal services
  • Paying Russian state actors and/or active kremlin agents for oppo against Trump
  • Colluding with the Ukrainian embassy for oppo against Manafort
  • Wiretapping Trump's campaign via FISA
  • Citing the DNC manufactured political oppo for the FISA application
  • Unmasking that FISA intel
  • Weaponizing and leaking that intel to attack Michael Flynn
  • Hillary's email scandal's FBI handling
  • Hillary's JFA giving her total control over the DNC prior to the primaries (via Donna Brazile)
  • The DNC scheming with HRC to influence the primaries (via leaked emails, I mean its kind of redundant with above but technically scandals happened a year apart)
  • The media colluding with Hillary's campaign
  • DNC only letting Crowdstrike see its breached servers, not the FBI
  • Whatever was going on with Imran Awan and Pakistan

I'm sure I'm missing some

Nice list :D
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18788899091445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll