d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Best Char To Grift 70 With
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 161,509.00
Mar 26 2017 08:07pm
I have every character. I have every set. I cannot get past grift 65, but probably have not tried the right build. How do i push grift 70 to i can unlock the primal ancient items? My best char right now is either monk or DH. Both can do grift 65. My DH uses EH build and my Monk uses Sunwuko with WOL. Am I using the wrong set / build? I see a lot of high grift from DH using the melee set, but I see that as only being good vs single bosses, not large mobs. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

This post was edited by birdman5 on Mar 26 2017 08:08pm
Gold: 2,469.00
Mar 26 2017 09:40pm
any class can solo grift 70, I tried it yesterday with a former season character (UE DH) and made it.

That DH got ~600 paragon, the full UE set (2 ancient parts) and uses Multishot (the multishot weapon is anicent, too; that makes 3 ancient items in total on that char).

I died 3-4 times (mostly due to distraction because I watched the hearthstone tournament on a second monitor and texted to my gf :p ), but I made it with almost 5 minutes left.
Mar 28 2017 04:09pm
Quote (Bunkerassel @ Mar 26 2017 11:40pm)
any class can solo grift 70, I tried it yesterday with a former season character (UE DH) and made it.

That DH got ~600 paragon, the full UE set (2 ancient parts) and uses Multishot (the multishot weapon is anicent, too; that makes 3 ancient items in total on that char).

I died 3-4 times (mostly due to distraction because I watched the hearthstone tournament on a second monitor and texted to my gf :p ), but I made it with almost 5 minutes left.

well i think my problem is 2 fold... 1, i don't have ancient weapons in the weapons i want. I have a few ancient weapons, but just not ideal ones. and 2, i mostly play hardcore so dying isn't really a luxury i have. that idea of remaking the char isn't a big deal to me, but i would prefer to keep my gear.

My favorite char is my UE DH, but after about grift 65 on hardcore it gets too scary and takes too long to kill without ancient weapon.
Mar 28 2017 04:34pm
My DH on HC didn't try it yet for the same reason :D

I would just go for it in SC (even without any ancient items since you lose nothing by trying exept for the rift key), but I would also try to have more ancients (especially the bow) before consider doing it on HC.
Mar 29 2017 07:25pm
Quote (Bunkerassel @ Mar 28 2017 06:34pm)
My DH on HC didn't try it yet for the same reason :D

I would just go for it in SC (even without any ancient items since you lose nothing by trying exept for the rift key), but I would also try to have more ancients (especially the bow) before consider doing it on HC.

I have a near perfect ancient manticore. So i have been experimenting with the Cluster Arrow Mauradurs build. Though it feels safer, it takes longer to kill stuff. Not sure how to get the DPS up without having full ancient gear with cube recipe leg gems added for more dex. Any advice for a CA Mauraders build?

Really wish i had a near perfect ancient yangs. I am sure i could do it if i had that.
Mar 29 2017 09:21pm
I didn't try CA Marauder much, but I'll probably do so at the start of season 10 ;)

I would try the grifts rather safe than sorry and increase the number by 1 each time you finished one grift successfully (if it wasn't a close call where you almost died).

My guess is that you'll be slower with CA, but it should be pretty safe and strong.
Mar 29 2017 10:38pm
Quote (Bunkerassel @ Mar 29 2017 11:21pm)
I didn't try CA Marauder much, but I'll probably do so at the start of season 10 ;)

I would try the grifts rather safe than sorry and increase the number by 1 each time you finished one grift successfully (if it wasn't a close call where you almost died).

My guess is that you'll be slower with CA, but it should be pretty safe and strong.

I think I am way too safe right now, but keep in mind I am hardcore. I have 2.6B toughness when fully buffed, but can't carry that 100% of time. Maybe 70% of time. Worth nothing that I do have 6 ancients that don't have a legendary gem upgrade so I could add 2,000 dex or so if it comes to that. Right now the CA MA6 build is doing grift 63 with ease, whereas my MS UE6 build was doing 65 with ease, but only 1.3B toughness. if I add the 2k dex i can probably push close to 70 with the CA MA6 build, but it will take time to level the gems.

For anyone who is wondering how I hit 2.6B toughness with my MA6.... obviously use zoey's, everyone knows that, but also cube the armor that gives 2 extra wolves. You wouldn't think that 2 more companions would double the toughness but it does. seriously try it. crazy. Also, I cube elusive ring and use shadow power with the rune that gives 35% damage reduce. Also Vengence with the 50% reduce, leveled up esoteric (a staple for all my hardcore toons), and the bracers that give 35% from firing primary. I am a tank, but i just need more dmg.

This post was edited by birdman5 on Mar 29 2017 10:43pm
Apr 4 2017 07:02pm
My Tank Impale DH just completed grift 70 on hardcore with over 5 min left. Bring on the primal ancient items!

I highly recommend this tanky build for an easy way to hit grift70. As you can see, my dexterity and damage are very low, but the Shadow set with impale gives plenty of damage in and of itself. I do not need the help of convection of elements, focus/restraint, ancient items, or extra dex added from cubing leg gems. I started with Icy Veins build for this and substituted his extra dmg for tankiness. I switched his convention elements with unity, strongarm bracers with ancient parthan defenders, bane the powerful with esoteric, and wolf companion with boar. This might be overkill, as I probably have well over 2B toughness after all of this is applied (50% unity, 50% endless walk, and 12% per stunned from bracers are all invisible), however I was able to kill everything in plenty of time so I wanted the extra tankiness over the damage since I am a hardcore player.

D3 makes hardcore much more fun than d2 did. You can easily save spare gear and level up a new character quickly if yours dies. I highly recommend d3 hardcore if anyone is getting bored with softcore and wants a different take on the game. The big differences are you always use 1 passive slot for your revive skill and you end up going for extra tankiness to stay alive.

This post was edited by birdman5 on Apr 4 2017 07:08pm
Gold: 390.00
Apr 5 2017 05:27am
Quote (birdman5 @ Apr 4 2017 09:02pm)
My Tank Impale DH just completed grift 70 on hardcore with over 5 min left. Bring on the primal ancient items!

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lo114y.jpg

I highly recommend this tanky build for an easy way to hit grift70. As you can see, my dexterity and damage are very low, but the Shadow set with impale gives plenty of damage in and of itself. I do not need the help of convection of elements, focus/restraint, ancient items, or extra dex added from cubing leg gems. I started with Icy Veins build for this and substituted his extra dmg for tankiness. I switched his convention elements with unity, strongarm bracers with ancient parthan defenders, bane the powerful with esoteric, and wolf companion with boar. This might be overkill, as I probably have well over 2B toughness after all of this is applied (50% unity, 50% endless walk, and 12% per stunned from bracers are all invisible), however I was able to kill everything in plenty of time so I wanted the extra tankiness over the damage since I am a hardcore player.

D3 makes hardcore much more fun than d2 did. You can easily save spare gear and level up a new character quickly if yours dies. I highly recommend d3 hardcore if anyone is getting bored with softcore and wants a different take on the game. The big differences are you always use 1 passive slot for your revive skill and you end up going for extra tankiness to stay alive.

Nice build bro, can i have link to your build?
Apr 5 2017 05:33am
Quote (Meanwizzy @ Apr 5 2017 07:27am)
Nice build bro, can i have link to your build?

Here you go... might change from time to time because I use UE build for speedruns so you have to catch my account at the right time to see this build up on my hardcore char "Mercy":

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Apoc-1494/hero/33217900

otherwise just use icy veins shadow impale build and do substitutes i mentioned for the extra tankiness. his guide is nice because it explains the strategy as well. the main thing is you skip all trash mobs. you vault from elite pack to elite pack, skipping everything in between. this is very important. you will not finish grift70 if you try to kill everything in your path. i hold down the shift key and left mouse key so that i am always spamming impale any time that i am not vaulting. with the weapon that returns hatred when they hit twice, you end up always having full hatred anyways. doing this allows me to constantly use vault to kite through the mobs to the next elite because of the belt that lets you vault for free for 2 seconds after using impale and I constantly use impale so free impale, free vault... crazy that these 2 amazing skills cost nothing with this build but they do. i almost always have full hatred and full discipline. when you find the elite, vault the immediate area around it to stun everyone. be sure to do that every few seconds to proc the bracers. in between the free vaulting sessions that leave everything stunned, try to stop right next to the elite and just stand there and impale them 4-5 times real quick, then vault through the elite and any nearby trash again to re-stun and repeat with the stopping next to elite and impaling again. usually only takes about 3-4 cycles of that per elite, so i have them down in 10-15 seconds each on grift70. Sometimes you can stand still longer if you are tanking any damage they can dish out. since this is a tanky build, rather than using timing for when to switch between vaulting through and impaling the elite, just look at your health globe. if it starts to drop, time to vault. there is no need to worry about getting trapped since vengeance is always up from cubbed dawn, that leg gem, and 1 item with cdr. with my tank build i was never below 3/4 life which makes me happy since i am hardcore. for softcore you should probably go for more damage instead of all the tankiness that i have. in that case follow something closer to the guide below from icy veins.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-shadows-mantle-build-with-impale-patch-2-5-season-10

This post was edited by birdman5 on Apr 5 2017 05:50am
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll