d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > First Justice League Trailer
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 27 2017 04:53pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 27 2017 01:58pm)
Guy has no access to the internet I guess. That meme saying "Jason Mmoas body guards look like the trash you fight before getting to the final boss" has been everywhere for the past few months. He's a fucking monster. Not to mention his manly axe throwing videos and shit lol.

I hope this doesn't blow, but I think the casting is great. I'm genuinely surprised at how well they did on that. How they direct that cast, the antagonist and the script are what make me think this will be shit. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

I don't like the Aquaman pick because he looks nothing like Aquaman. Looking at him makes you feel like he is a sea barbarian rather than a regal King. But I am willing to give him a chance.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 27 2017 02:47pm)
You'll see it with people who want to actually make good movies, Nolan for instance uses a limited amount. Obviously it's needed at times, but too much and you end up with an abomination like the Hobbit trilogy. Really though, it was the script that fucked that movie more than anything. So, we just had 3 movies about this ring, what should we do next? Well, he did this other book. Is there a ring in it? Same ring actually, but it's not really s part of the story, he uses it a couple times and it has no effect at all on his personality. So... What you're saying is we can make another three movies about the ring? What? No. I just said it's in the book. Got you, 3 more movies about the ring coming up.

Shit it could have made sense had they done the Hobbit first and were building up for LOTR, but what the actual fuck? You already did those movies, why are you doing this... Stop you fucks.

End rant.

There are practical effects in the movie, as much as possible according to all the behind the scenes peaks they have shown. Some things you just can't do with practical effects though, at least not reasonably.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 27 2017 05:09pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Mar 27 2017 03:53pm)
I don't like the Aquaman pick because he looks nothing like Aquaman. Looking at him makes you feel like he is a sea barbarian rather than a regal King. But I am willing to give him a chance.

There are practical effects in the movie, as much as possible according to all the behind the scenes peaks they have shown. Some things you just can't do with practical effects though, at least not reasonably.

I always thought Aquman should be a bit more rugged and badass than depicted in most comics. Guy has been battling for his kingdom for centuries, looking a bit war-torn and being untrusting and frightening to mainlanders should be his deal.

They pulled it off in LOTR, they could have pulled it off in the Hobbit. Like I said though, my largest concern was with the script, not the CGI. It is needed, but not everything needs to be CGI, just makes movies look corny right now. Give it 10 years and it'll look sick.
Gold: 0.80
Mar 27 2017 05:13pm
The fellowship of the ring has aged far better than any of the others in that whole saga.

Re aquaman, i like the casting - though it's not close to the comics i think it'll pay off. Actually think this movie will be half decent. ^_^
Mar 27 2017 05:39pm
Quote (WelSh @ Mar 27 2017 04:13pm)
The fellowship of the ring has aged far better than any of the others in that whole saga.

Re aquaman, i like the casting - though it's not close to the comics i think it'll pay off. Actually think this movie will be half decent. ^_^

The one without excessive CGI lol.

I know it's difficult and it'd cost A LOT, but these movies make soooooooooooooo much fucking money. It could be done without using excessive CGI for the battles, the problem is that it'd cost them an extra 20-40 million per movie (total budget of each was around 90, so 40 million is a super high estimate on how much it would cost for 1-3 battle scenes). So, lets say it's the higher estimated number and they ended up shelling out a whole 40 million to make sure that the CGI doesn't look like utter fucking trash 5 years down the line by using real people (obviously some things would have to be CGI, but hardly any of it is actually necessary). That'd up the total cost to make all three movies to 361 million dollars. OH WOW. So much money. Now, considering those three movies made a total of $3,000,000,000, I think they did alright.

It's retarded that these giant movies have budgets like that, especially on ones you KNOW will be successful. Spend the extra money, don't be d-bags and cut cost when you're already making $2.7billion off your fucking franchise, drop an extra 100-200 million for us the fans.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 27 2017 05:40pm
Mar 27 2017 06:57pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 27 2017 05:09pm)
I always thought Aquman should be a bit more rugged and badass than depicted in most comics. Guy has been battling for his kingdom for centuries, looking a bit war-torn and being untrusting and frightening to mainlanders should be his deal.

They pulled it off in LOTR, they could have pulled it off in the Hobbit. Like I said though, my largest concern was with the script, not the CGI. It is needed, but not everything needs to be CGI, just makes movies look corny right now. Give it 10 years and it'll look sick.

Yeah I know. I mean look at the star wars prequels vs episode 7. Yeah there's been cgi advancements between the two but still... No matter your opinion on episode 7 add a whole, the blend of practical and cg effects is amazingly well done. At the moment Justice league looks like it if going more towards the episode 7 style and not the prequel style.

Like there are behind the scenes clips of some of the practical things they are doing and it's pretty neat
Mar 27 2017 07:49pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Mar 27 2017 05:57pm)
Yeah I know. I mean look at the star wars prequels vs episode 7. Yeah there's been cgi advancements between the two but still... No matter your opinion on episode 7 add a whole, the blend of practical and cg effects is amazingly well done. At the moment Justice league looks like it if going more towards the episode 7 style and not the prequel style.

Like there are behind the scenes clips of some of the practical things they are doing and it's pretty neat

I absolutely agree. That was one of the things I thought was particularly well done in that film.
Gold: 2,094.99
Mar 27 2017 08:36pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Mar 27 2017 05:53pm)
I don't like the Aquaman pick because he looks nothing like Aquaman.

Quote (WelSh @ Mar 27 2017 06:13pm)
Aquaman, i like the casting - though it's not close to the comics

In the comics aquaman has been depicted with long hair & a beard, & actually looks a good bit like Momoa. With the exception of his hair is blonde & one of his arms is a harpoon spearhead

Mar 27 2017 08:43pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 27 2017 07:36pm)
In the comics aquaman has been depicted with long hair & a beard, & actually looks a good bit like Momoa. With the exception of his hair is blonde & one of his arms is a harpoon spearhead

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aquaman01.jpg
http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aquaman-featured-970x545.jpg

Boom.

I also don't think the depiction of him in the comics is all that great. Like I said previously, he should be much more battle-worn and look much more badass considering all the haggard shit he's been through.
Mar 27 2017 09:53pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Mar 27 2017 08:36pm)

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aquaman01.jpg
http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/aquaman-featured-970x545.jpg

Just because they both have beards doesn't mean they look similar, not to mention you fished through how many versions of him to find that one?

Also the blond hair of Aquaman is extremely important for his character as it signifies he is part of the surface world. In Atlantean culture blond hair is seen as a curse and blond babies are left to die. Aquaman was raised on the surface so his blond hair didn't get him killed. It distinguishes him from other Atlanteans.
Gold: Locked
Mar 28 2017 01:35pm
Movie will be a snooze fest
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll