d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Possibly Stolen Laptop Advice
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 264,748.46
Apr 7 2017 07:37am
Quote (KoOa @ Mar 29 2017 07:18pm)
More than half the time someone posts about a stolen macbook and phrase it the way you do, it's just simply a roundabout way of saying "can I ever be caught with this?" or "is there a way to unlock this?"

Unfortunately, no one spends money on a used macbook or look for a discounted one because they have plenty of money to go around. You're not going around out of the goodness of your heart to get this macbook back to the owner and be out the money.

Unless it's just an old junk macbook that's hardly worth anything, then whatever.

EFI lock can be removed or bypassed, probably not by you but it can be done. Diffculty depends on the model, some being rather simple.

If you really just want to find the owner, you can just take the hdd/ssd out and look for documents/resumes.

I know it can be bypassed-- there are plenty of websites that say how to and even give links to purchase the tools needed to do it.

I didnt have another Mac to put their proprietary hard drive into to find out (and honestly the thought never crossed my mind) so I just left it at the police station since Apple refused to help.

I hope one day you find someone who can fill the hole that's in your heart. That cynicism is dangerous.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2017 04:08pm
Quote (Gala32 @ Apr 7 2017 02:37pm)
I know it can be bypassed-- there are plenty of websites that say how to and even give links to purchase the tools needed to do it.

I didnt have another Mac to put their proprietary hard drive into to find out (and honestly the thought never crossed my mind) so I just left it at the police station since Apple refused to help.

I hope one day you find someone who can fill the hole that's in your heart. That cynicism is dangerous.

you, i like you. here, have a a cookie.

this coming from a guy who had 2 motorcycles stolen off of his property, both locked. 2nd time i didnt have insurance on theft.
Gold: 18,352.00
Apr 7 2017 04:09pm
Quote (unclebenz86 @ Apr 7 2017 05:08pm)
you, i like you. here, have a a cookie.

this coming from a guy who had 2 motorcycles stolen off of his property, both locked. 2nd time i didnt have insurance on theft.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, kids probably right, was nly here to bypass and use it/sell it.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 7 2017 06:17pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Apr 7 2017 11:09pm)
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, kids probably right, was nly here to bypass and use it/sell it.

I dont. But still, I want to believe there ar people like him. And a virtual cookie I can hand out whenever I want. Unless there is no food allowed. ;)
Gold: 2,107.00
Apr 10 2017 12:03pm
Quote (Gala32 @ Mar 26 2017 10:01pm)
It's more of a bios thing -- also gave the MacBook to the popo. Well went in, put it down and left 😂😂 I ain't gonna put my info down for nobody. I'm gonna assume the police can do the rest from there.

Makes zero sense that you just left it there without leaving your information unless you of course stole it. Actually its the only explanation.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll