d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Private Messages > Turn Multiple Conversation Into One Pm!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,227.27
Mar 23 2017 04:31pm
Sorry I forgot to include a poll on my old post so I'm guessing that's the reason why they closed it down.

Is there a way where you can make each conversation with another user (as long as it's the same subject) as just one PM instead of multiple PMs? Similar to how it is in gmails or other emails.

Instead of having new PM every single time and taking each of the limited slot that is provided, make all the pms under one subject as just one PM slot.

I can't photoshop so I can't include a picture but you guys should get the gist. Anyone who has ever used gmail should know what I'm talking about.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 24 2017 12:57am
It's an interesting idea and I can see why this would be desirable, but I just don't see it happening.

The Customer Perks would have to be completely rewritten if this was the case.
Since some of us (myself included) pay to have a larger pm box, this would sorta defeat the purpose of why they were added in the first place. :/

Voted no, sorry.
Gold: 90.58
Mar 24 2017 01:36am
The best example of this suggestion is on the newest version of Invision Power Board. I totally get what you mean, basically not PMs but more of "conversations". Where each conversation you create you can just reply to each other similar to posting.

Unfortunately this would kind of remove the nostalgic "private messaging" phenomena while foruming. And also decentivizes the feeling of getting a new "PM" overtime, when it's just going to another conversation/topic like page. Additionally, this would also slowly decay the actual importance of PMs

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 24 2017 01:45am
Gold: 1,250.00
Mar 24 2017 05:12am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Mar 24 2017 03:36am)
The best example of this suggestion is on the newest version of Invision Power Board. I totally get what you mean, basically not PMs but more of "conversations". Where each conversation you create you can just reply to each other similar to posting.

Unfortunately this would kind of remove the nostalgic "private messaging" phenomena while foruming. And also decentivizes the feeling of getting a new "PM" overtime, when it's just going to another conversation/topic like page. Additionally, this would also slowly decay the actual importance of PMs

What? Lmao
Gold: 0.00
Mar 24 2017 05:28am
Voted no as well, as it'd kill the purpose of Site Perks.

This post was edited by bvanharjr on Mar 24 2017 05:28am
Mar 24 2017 11:30am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Mar 24 2017 03:12am)
What? Lmao

Someone who has been around forums since I was a kid, it comes off as a bit weird but basically tldr: When PMs become a threaded conversation (just another topic you reply to), slowly decays the actual importance of PMs and how the end user is receiving them.

Hard to explain.

For example, when getting a new PM it slides down from the top and you're like ok got to click it.

If this suggestion was added, you're most likely just getting notified someone replied to your "conversation", and not really receiving a "new pm" if you will. Thus, the incentive to check your threaded conversation "PM thread" becomes less and less overtime

Hope that helps!

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 24 2017 11:30am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2017 09:24pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Mar 24 2017 12:30pm)
Someone who has been around forums since I was a kid, it comes off as a bit weird but basically tldr: When PMs become a threaded conversation (just another topic you reply to), slowly decays the actual importance of PMs and how the end user is receiving them.

Hard to explain.

For example, when getting a new PM it slides down from the top and you're like ok got to click it.

If this suggestion was added, you're most likely just getting notified someone replied to your "conversation", and not really receiving a "new pm" if you will. Thus, the incentive to check your threaded conversation "PM thread" becomes less and less overtime

Hope that helps!

It definitely helps your post count
Mar 25 2017 10:46pm
Quote (Bubbler @ Mar 25 2017 07:24pm)
It definitely helps your post count

Unless you can come back with a coherent argument to show that threaded PMs (conversations) will NOT decay the importance of Private Messaging (especially New Ones); I would like to opt out from being personally attacked.

The idea is not BAD, I just feel like in the end PMs will not really be as important anymore

My view can obviously change but as I said, just don't attack me personally and would love to hear other viewpoints

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 25 2017 10:51pm
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 26 2017 09:49am
well, i'm definitely the guy that likes organization, so i'm partially fond of the idea. however i am against this being a default setting. it is common enough to have different subjects in pm's with a single user. also for the sake of organization, i'd like those subjects separate from each other.
it also feels like this could make S/A threads insanely long to read and harder to pinpoint the evidence. especially when dealing with a user that you have a slight language barrier with.

i would much more like this idea if it was offered optionally. like a button somewhere you can drag pm's and have them consolidated into 1, to perhaps save pm space and organize certain subjects.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll