d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > April Games With Gold > Solid List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 394.00
Mar 25 2017 11:42am
Quote (ROM @ Mar 25 2017 01:32pm)
Not in the slightest.
This response is so dumb I can't even.

Goobear made a point that Halo 5 had the biggest prize pool.
I equated the prize pool to the marketing budget of the game, and made a point that marketing budget =/= quality. Used Homefront as an example, a bad game with a large marketing budget. Then your response.

@Goobear, I'm not saying the prize pool had nothing to the quality of the game. I'm was just pointing out that the prize pool doesn't necessarily equate to quality.

Umm since when does a prize pool have anything to do with marketing? A prize pool is generally related to the amount of money the event produces when it comes to viewership numbers,sponsors etc etc,it has fuck all to do with your marketing budget. The bigger money that a product can bring in,the bigger the prize pool. So Halo has the biggest prize pool because it can draw in the biggest revenues. Usually that means a better quality product,but not always. There is a reason that Halo,CS and other big,high quality shooters have the biggest prize pools compared to games like Homefront since we are using that as an example here (which doesnt even have MP for the record lol)
Gold: 81,680.73
Mar 25 2017 11:53am
Quote (ROM @ Mar 25 2017 01:32pm)
Not in the slightest.

I equated the prize pool to the marketing budget of the game, and made a point that marketing budget =/= quality. Used Homefront as an example, a bad game with a large marketing budget. Then your response.

@Goobear, I'm not saying the prize pool had nothing to the quality of the game. I'm was just pointing out that the prize pool doesn't necessarily equate to quality.

So you compared halos marketing to homefronts. Cute.
Gold: 445.00
Mar 25 2017 02:31pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ Mar 25 2017 01:42pm)
Umm since when does a prize pool have anything to do with marketing? A prize pool is generally related to the amount of money the event produces when it comes to viewership numbers,sponsors etc etc,it has fuck all to do with your marketing budget. The bigger money that a product can bring in,the bigger the prize pool. So Halo has the biggest prize pool because it can draw in the biggest revenues. Usually that means a better quality product,but not always. There is a reason that Halo,CS and other big,high quality shooters have the biggest prize pools compared to games like Homefront since we are using that as an example here (which doesnt even have MP for the record lol)

Since the publisher of the game is the one holding the event we are talking about. Can I get someone to talk to who actually knows anything about video games instead of people who try to relate anything to their beloved franchise.

Quote (jlhromeo @ Mar 25 2017 01:53pm)
So you compared halos marketing to homefronts. Cute.

Again, no. It might be time to let the adults talk now. When you grow up you can join the conversation.
Mar 25 2017 02:56pm
Quote (ROM @ Mar 25 2017 04:31pm)
Since the publisher of the game is the one holding the event we are talking about. Can I get someone to talk to who actually knows anything about video games instead of people who try to relate anything to their beloved franchise.

Are you actually that delusional. Do you even know what marketing is lol. Do you think a prize pool in poker or salaries in sports have anything at all to do with a marketing budget?No it has to do with revenue. Marketing is all about ads and getting your game out there,not about the prize pool of an event. If a Halo event can draw Sprite as a sponsor and get put on ESPN and Titanfall can get Fred's Grocery store as a sponsor and put on ESPN 34,which one do you think is going to have a bigger prize pool? Unless fred's grocery store is paying more then sprite to be the official sponsor and ESPN 34 is paying more for the TV rights then ESPN for halo,then the answer is halo.

Its pretty simple business really,and has nothing to do with my "love" of halo,which for the record i think is highly overrated. I'd love to see where there is a breakdown of a game's budget and where it says competitive events prize pool is included in marketing lol
Gold: 445.00
Mar 25 2017 03:16pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ Mar 25 2017 04:56pm)
Are you actually that delusional. Do you even know what marketing is lol. Do you think a prize pool in poker or salaries in sports have anything at all to do with a marketing budget?No it has to do with revenue. Marketing is all about ads and getting your game out there,not about the prize pool of an event. If a Halo event can draw Sprite as a sponsor and get put on ESPN and Titanfall can get Fred's Grocery store as a sponsor and put on ESPN 34,which one do you think is going to have a bigger prize pool? Unless fred's grocery store is paying more then sprite to be the official sponsor and ESPN 34 is paying more for the TV rights then ESPN for halo,then the answer is halo.

Its pretty simple business really,and has nothing to do with my "love" of halo,which for the record i think is highly overrated. I'd love to see where there is a breakdown of a game's budget and where it says competitive events prize pool is included in marketing lol

I will answer your question with a question. Do you know the role of a video game publisher?

A video game publisher is a company that publishes video games that they have either developed internally or have had developed by a video game developer. As with book publishers or publishers of DVD movies, video game publishers are responsible for their product's manufacturing and marketing, including market research and all aspects of advertising.

So, your argument is the publisher, Microsoft, had nothing to do with the event hosted by Microsoft. Or is it that the publisher had nothing to do with an event about its game.

This post was edited by ROM on Mar 25 2017 03:25pm
Gold: 0.69
Mar 25 2017 03:21pm
Quote (ROM @ Mar 25 2017 09:32am)
Not in the slightest.

Yeah I got you
Mar 25 2017 10:13pm
Quote (ROM @ Mar 25 2017 05:16pm)
I will answer your question with a question. Do you know the role of a video game publisher?

So, your argument is the publisher, Microsoft, had nothing to do with the event hosted by Microsoft. Or is it that the publisher had nothing to do with an event about its game.

When did I say that the publisher didn't have anything to do with it lol. I said that there marketing dollars don't account for prize pool money. The prize pool of a game, or any event in general, video games or not is based on the revenue it earns. If you go to a sporting event and buy a 50/50 ticket the "prize pool" is only as big as the people willing to pay make it. In any video game event the prize pool is based off of how much money that event can bring in. If in this case Microsoft gives the prize pool they know ahead of time what there revenue will be. Spenser X gives them 1 million and the tv deal gives them another million. They pick a percentage of that 2 million as the prize pool and pocket the rest. Marketing has zero effect on the specific pool prize unless your argument is more marketing= more eyes= more money from sponsors= bigger prize pool. Which while true technically is not what you were trying to make your argument, or you at least made it seem that it wasn't
Gold: 0.69
Mar 25 2017 11:35pm
Quote (ysobad @ Mar 25 2017 09:22am)
halo was a big deal when i was in highschool, not so much anymore, i dont see how any1 plays halo in a post destiny/cod world

Lol it's obviously still a big deal if they have bigger money prize pools then any PlayStation game made.

Destiny isn't truly competitive and they are now trying to make it so but any competitive fps player from any true competitive fps game will all agree destiny is a joke when it comes to competitive. Destiny is a casual game abd extremely easy to do good in because they give you an insanely high amount of aim assist.

Your not got at shooters so you wouldn't even begin to understand what makes Halo such a great competitive fps game. You can hate on it all you want and it may not be as big as it used to be but it's still the standard when it comes to competitive fps on console.
Gold: 81,680.73
Mar 26 2017 06:59am
Saying destiny is competitive is like saying overwatch is competitive.
Gold: 37.00
Mar 26 2017 07:16pm
Everytime. Who cares what sells more/which is better? Its all opinions. Play the games you like and shut the fuck up.
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll