d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Asrock 990fx Extreme4 Mb > Debug Lcd/buttons
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 123.00
Mar 22 2017 08:41pm
i have done a lot of searching on this and cannot find a answer. i have owned this pc for about a year now, i bought it used and from day 1
even when loaded in windows the debug display power/reset buttons have stayed lit well tonight i was playing with my clocks and decided
to update my bios to the newest to try to get a bit more. and even directly after the update the code and buttons were lit with a A(something code)
cant remember for sure. but my cpuz benchmark multi score was terrible below 1000 so i knew something was up i kept playing with settings and
even cleared the cmos. well now once the pc posts to windows the lcd/buttons turn off but the pc boots fine and now my score is 7424 (much better).

long story short were the lights supposed to be turning off the entire time and it was showing a actual code that was screwing up my pc for
the last year and now its working as intended or not. i dont know and cant find it anywhere on the web. please help if you can.

the last code i see on the lcd is CF then it turns off but like i said the pc is running great better than ever actually

This post was edited by melchom on Mar 22 2017 09:03pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 22 2017 09:52pm

Just go here and download the motherboard manual, and read it. It will tell you about the lights.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme4/#Support
Gold: 123.00
Mar 23 2017 04:10am
Thanks. I read through that last night and missed that section apparently. The bios update changed the led settings. Its back to normal now.

Thanks.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll