d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Conor Mcgregor News > Mma/boxing Legends News & Updates
Prev1252253254255256741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 400.00
Feb 17 2018 11:46pm
Quote (MattBrown @ Feb 17 2018 08:41pm)

100mil for 1 fight

Lol this number. Jimmy G an NFL quarterback with 7, I repeat 7 NFL starts just inked a 120 million dollar deal.

Why stop earning when the irons hottest?
Banned
Gold: 0.28
Warn: 20%
Feb 17 2018 11:59pm
Quote (HomeRun916 @ 18 Feb 2018 06:46)
Lol this number. Jimmy G an NFL quarterback with 7, I repeat 7 NFL starts just inked a 120 million dollar deal.

Why stop earning when the irons hottest?

Not all of that is guaranteed, it's over a 5 year period
It's closer to 140 mil max

Can guarantee you conor doesnt train 1/2 as hard as garopollo, just compare their physiques
Mcgregor spends a couple hours getting clowned on by a retired boxer for 100 million
His earnings are per fight basis he has to make them count before he gets exposed
Gold: 400.00
Feb 18 2018 12:24am
Quote (MexicanSasquatch @ Feb 17 2018 09:59pm)

Can guarantee you conor doesnt train 1/2 as hard as garopollo, just compare their physiques
Mcgregor spends a couple hours getting clowned on by a retired boxer for 100 million
His earnings are per fight basis he has to make them count before he gets exposed

You are right, the contracts are very different. But I think the point still is valid. Professional athletes are paid huge sums of money.

And I agree that Jimmy is currently training harder, and will continue to do so no matter if he gets 200 more million. He’s a professional.

I can’t believe you got me defending Conor but I think he has the marketability and skills to stay relevant in MMA. Maybe at championship level, I don’t believe so but lots do.

He (Conor) at one time was an absolute freak, being able to perform at such a high level cutting to 145 is a testament to the mans will and work ethic. He has it in him, but maybe he did just say fuck it, and decided 100 million was enough.

But that blows my mind, why work so hard and get so far to just give up? He clearly is capable of taking an ass kicking and coming right back mentally and physically.

Forgot what I am even talking about, but Max v Conor 2 for the FTW title next. Try to become dual champ again without risking his 155 belt.

Banned
Feb 18 2018 12:33am
Quote (HomeRun916 @ 18 Feb 2018 07:24)
You are right, the contracts are very different. But I think the point still is valid. Professional athletes are paid huge sums of money.

And I agree that Jimmy is currently training harder, and will continue to do so no matter if he gets 200 more million. He’s a professional.

I can’t believe you got me defending Conor but I think he has the marketability and skills to stay relevant in MMA. Maybe at championship level, I don’t believe so but lots do.

He (Conor) at one time was an absolute freak, being able to perform at such a high level cutting to 145 is a testament to the mans will and work ethic. He has it in him, but maybe he did just say fuck it, and decided 100 million was enough.

But that blows my mind, why work so hard and get so far to just give up? He clearly is capable of taking an ass kicking and coming right back mentally and physically.

Forgot what I am even talking about, but Max v Conor 2 for the FTW title next. Try to become dual champ again without risking his 155 belt.

Not denying he worked hard as hell to get where he is, but a great deal of his achievements were made possible by a high level of self promotion rather than actual talent. I think he's acutely aware how bad he'd look vs anyone in the current top 5 in any weight class he's fought in, and is looking to maximize what he can get before being exposed. Holding out is his best and only option if he wants to get a stake in the actual ufc or something to guarantee his future beyond fighting.

This post was edited by MexicanSasquatch on Feb 18 2018 12:41am
Gold: 0.30
Feb 18 2018 01:04am
dumbass
Gold: 16.80
Feb 18 2018 02:26am
Quote (MexicanSasquatch @ Feb 18 2018 12:33am)
Not denying he worked hard as hell to get where he is, but a great deal of his achievements were made possible by a high level of self promotion rather than actual talent. I think he's acutely aware how bad he'd look vs anyone in the current top 5 in any weight class he's fought in, and is looking to maximize what he can get before being exposed. Holding out is his best and only option if he wants to get a stake in the actual ufc or something to guarantee his future beyond fighting.

:rofl:
Gold: 83.00
Feb 18 2018 02:38am
Quote (MexicanSasquatch @ Feb 17 2018 09:59pm)

You sound like devilslayer with your physique speak. Look at D.C. He is one rotund mofo. I wouldn't be surprised if he trains harder than 99% of fighters tho. And kevin Durant looks like a giraffe.

Garoppolo might train harder than Conor idk. I doubt it tho. Maybe now that Conor cashed fat checks, but even if you think his title run was luck and marketing, just to be able to fight well enough to get in the situation he was in and succeed in it took an insane amount of hard work. Conor was literally getting his ass beat every day to get better, and kept coming back day after day to get punched/kicked/taken down/ choked again and again getting worn down and broken daily until one day he realized he was the one beating everyone's ass instead of the other way around.

Also what's weird is that he's already been exposed. And he got even more popular/rich after it.
Banned
Feb 18 2018 02:51am
Quote (Lethdar @ 18 Feb 2018 09:38)
You sound like devilslayer with your physique speak. Look at D.C. He is one rotund mofo. I wouldn't be surprised if he trains harder than 99% of fighters tho. And kevin Durant looks like a giraffe.

Garoppolo might train harder than Conor idk. I doubt it tho. Maybe now that Conor cashed fat checks, but even if you think his title run was luck and marketing, just to be able to fight well enough to get in the situation he was in and succeed in it took an insane amount of hard work. Conor was literally getting his ass beat every day to get better, and kept coming back day after day to get punched/kicked/taken down/ choked again and again getting worn down and broken daily until one day he realized he was the one beating everyone's ass instead of the other way around.

Also what's weird is that he's already been exposed. And he got even more popular/rich after it.

It's easy to dismiss 1 loss as a fluke and doing fruity callisthenics in public parks with goofy hipsters is not the same level of training as what's required to even be a backup in the nfl

The man is clearly not a top tier athlete

This post was edited by MexicanSasquatch on Feb 18 2018 02:54am
Gold: 6,487.40
Feb 18 2018 05:42am
He's a dork, period !
Gold: 12,605.21
Feb 18 2018 06:59am
stupid hobos pissed about other perons success
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1252253254255256741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll