d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > 2015 Nissan Altima
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.12
Mar 21 2017 07:17am
40k miles.

Things I should do immediately to it?
Anything worth modding on this?

No I'm not getting rid of it. No need the hate.

Going to get the 18-19" Maxima wheels on it. I will get the tires sized to match the ratio of the current 16's.
Do you think the 18s or 19s would be better? Don't want to ride super rough. If it will still ride nice with 19s I'd rather have those they look alot better..

Windows still need tinted. The car is all white.
Wish the roof was black. Maybe the fronts of the side mirrors as well.

How often do you guys check your fluids and full check ups on cars you ocd over?

Would it be worth it to pull tires and clean the arms and all the road grime,brake,dirt,mud,tar off that builds up over time or clean all the suspension/ underbody to keep nice/last longer/ and prevent rust?
I live in Indiana on the Ohio border. The car will be garaged every night but daily driver.

Big on car detailing so paint and interior highly maintained. Just need some good advice on cleaning the underbody and Under hood really well. I will pull wheels and scrub in and out before and after winter months. The stock wheels will be winter wheels ofc. Just need advice on cleaning underbody and rust prevention and how to keep all parts nice and clean and in really good shape for the long run. Also the things I asked above

Thanks everyone .
Gold: 10.00
Mar 21 2017 09:45am
Definitely not worth modding, but absolutely worth keeping, and maintaining - as you have described. All good things.

Things to potentially note. If you increase the wheel size, you could risk potentially throwing your speedometer off. Not by much, I imagine, but it would be a good idea to confirm the speedo accuracy via a GPS if you swap wheels/tires.....Just so you know if you're going 5 over, or not.

Fluids are something you should just habitually, and routinely, check. Once a week or so...brake fluid gets changed every couple years (most people neglect the brake system claiming it's "sealed" - not requiring changing - wrong)

At 40,000 miles I wouldn't mess with any transmission, or differential fluids.

And, for your peace of mind, it's definitely worth it to pull the tires, periodically, and give as much of the car a simple green wipe down as possible. That will absolutely preserve those components - and will also make yourself more aware of things on the car, so you can continue to be proactive, instead of reactive. This way, you'll spot wearing components well before they fail.

I wouldn't mess with any of those oil coatings, or spray on undercoating, if your unibody is clean currently. Just continue to keep it clean, and the rust will stay at bay as long as possible. We are only ever prolonging rust (the inevitable), it is impossible to "prevent". Everything on this planet will oxidize at some point - including us.

This post was edited by OldAndyAndTheSea on Mar 21 2017 09:54am
Mar 21 2017 10:02am
Quote (OldAndyAndTheSea @ Mar 21 2017 11:45am)
Definitely not worth modding, but absolutely worth keeping, and maintaining - as you have described. All good things.

Things to potentially note. If you increase the wheel size, you could risk potentially throwing your speedometer off. Not by much, I imagine, but it would be a good idea to confirm the speedo accuracy via a GPS if you swap wheels/tires.....Just so you know if you're going 5 over, or not.

Fluids are something you should just habitually, and routinely, check. Once a week or so...brake fluid gets changed every couple years (most people neglect the brake system claiming it's "sealed" - not requiring changing - wrong)

At 40,000 miles I wouldn't mess with any transmission, or differential fluids.

And, for your peace of mind, it's definitely worth it to pull the tires, periodically, and give as much of the car a simple green wipe down as possible. That will absolutely preserve those components - and will also make yourself more aware of things on the car, so you can continue to be proactive, instead of reactive. This way, you'll spot wearing components well before they fail.

I wouldn't mess with any of those oil coatings, or spray on undercoating, if your unibody is clean currently. Just continue to keep it clean, and the rust will stay at bay as long as possible. We are only ever prolonging rust (the inevitable), it is impossible to "prevent". Everything on this planet will oxidize at some point - including us.

:hail:

Thank you for input sir.

Prolonging as much as possible is the way to do it!
I'll just spray it down every wash or so underneath with the hose.
How would I go about checking the Speedo off. Just Gps a grip miles/eta? And see if it matches up to my car trip/speedo?

I never even thought about keeping the same ratio just bigger wheel/smaller tire and putting the automatic tire pressure gauge on new wheels could potentially throw it off :wacko:

This post was edited by ScoobySnax on Mar 21 2017 10:03am
Gold: 1,322,460.00
Mar 21 2017 01:02pm
Quote (ScoobySnax @ Mar 21 2017 11:02am)
:hail:

Thank you for input sir.

Prolonging as much as possible is the way to do it!
I'll just spray it down every wash or so underneath with the hose.
How would I go about checking the Speedo off. Just Gps a grip miles/eta? And see if it matches up to my car trip/speedo?

I never even thought about keeping the same ratio just bigger wheel/smaller tire and putting the automatic tire pressure gauge on new wheels could potentially throw it off :wacko:

If your overall tire diameter is not changing your speedo will be fine. What Andy mention is valid if the height of the tire changes.

By GPS he means something that has a GPS signal and can monitor your ground speed. Cellphone Apps, TomTom's (or whatever the hot new gps is) etc can all do this. You can also ask your local PD to have an officer clock you as well.
Mar 21 2017 01:08pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Mar 21 2017 03:02pm)
If your overall tire diameter is not changing your speedo will be fine. What Andy mention is valid if the height of the tire changes.

By GPS he means something that has a GPS signal and can monitor your ground speed. Cellphone Apps, TomTom's (or whatever the hot new gps is) etc can all do this. You can also ask your local PD to have an officer clock you as well.

I.e, as getting as close to whole complete diameter/ratio as stock correct?

16s with whatever size tire is on now
And then to
3" bigger wheels would mean smaller tires to make that diameter match up.
If it's spot on or close no problem most likely right?

That was my impression
Gold: 1,322,460.00
Mar 21 2017 01:45pm
Correct.

Tire A - 33x12.50r16
Tire B - 33x13.50r20

Both tires still hold a 33" diameter so the distance the tire travels in one rotation is the same. The width and wheel size is unrelated pending you can still get the same diameter.
Gold: 1,250.00
Mar 21 2017 03:02pm
Quote (b00ndocks @ Mar 21 2017 03:08pm)
I.e, as getting as close to whole complete diameter/ratio as stock correct?

16s with whatever size tire is on now
And then to
3" bigger wheels would mean smaller tires to make that diameter match up.
If it's spot on or close no problem most likely right?

That was my impression

Speed will be same , but ride will be compromised in my opinion. Those low profile tires ride rough compared to the stock tires. It's more of an issue where I live in Michigan with shitty roads. It's hard to ride a motorcycle here to be honest with so many potholes, I think I may be cynical at this point.

This post was edited by SheriffCool on Mar 21 2017 03:03pm
Gold: 481.00
Mar 22 2017 07:44am
if its the 3.5 its worth modding for sure if thats what youre into
Mar 22 2017 08:11am
Quote (t9x @ Mar 22 2017 09:44am)
if its the 3.5 its worth modding for sure if thats what youre into

As in what would you say.
Gold: 481.00
Mar 22 2017 08:25am
Quote (b00ndocks @ Mar 22 2017 10:11am)
As in what would you say.

my friend put a 350z turbo kit on his and its fast as hell but he spent like $5000 getting it together and tuned right
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll