d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Bruce Lee > My Biggest Inspiration
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,250.00
Mar 20 2017 04:48am
Jeet Kune Do is the form he developed, not Jeet June Do....
Gold: 307.59
Mar 20 2017 05:24am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Mar 20 2017 11:48am)
Jeet Kune Do is the form he developed, not Jeet June Do....

DA SHERIFF'S IN DA HOUSE
Gold: 1,070.70
Apr 11 2017 01:09pm
I like how 4 pages of topics are related to bets on mma etc. and there is NOTHING on wushu... No reason to collapse stuff that has to do with fg and stuff that hasn't.
Gold: 307.59
Apr 11 2017 01:22pm
Quote (4rchon @ Apr 11 2017 08:09pm)
I like how 4 pages of topics are related to bets on mma etc. and there is NOTHING on wushu... No reason to collapse stuff that has to do with fg and stuff that hasn't.

Da fuck's wushu?
Gold: 450.51
Apr 11 2017 03:29pm
Quote (4rchon @ Apr 11 2017 08:09pm)

Thanks for bumping this quality topic!
Gold: 2.66
Apr 12 2017 09:26am
Bruce Lee proved to be a great actor. Because he convinced us that he was bigger than what he truly was. And at the time, most people never seen anything like that. So of course, gweilo and others were fascinated by his act. However, he never proved to be a great fighter. He never fought againt the top fighters in world at that time. Probably, he had the skill to beat up most untrained people. But against real fighters, that is a different game.

I also was inspired by Bruce Lee. I love his philosophy of reject was useless.
I saw Enter the Iguana, and loved it. But I realized, it's just a movie. And philosophy will never be as good as science. You can have a million philosophies, theories, speculation about how something works and it will never hold a candle against hardcore facts or science. In the early days of the ufc, Royce Gracie beat the crap out of bigger and stronger fighters. Unlike Bruce, the Gracies proved to the world that their martial art, bjj, is effective. Bruce Lee did not even learn wing chun in its entirety. There was no way for him to prove anything practical in the martial arts world when he was not even qualified to do so. The guy was very good at marketting himself by conditioning his body. He was a salesman and very smart. But a great martial artist, far from it
Gold: 450.51
Apr 12 2017 10:33am
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Apr 12 2017 04:26pm)
Bruce Lee proved to be a great actor. Because he convinced us that he was bigger than what he truly was. And at the time, most people never seen anything like that. So of course, gweilo and others were fascinated by his act. However, he never proved to be a great fighter. He never fought againt the top fighters in world at that time. Probably, he had the skill to beat up most untrained people. But against real fighters, that is a different game.

I also was inspired by Bruce Lee. I love his philosophy of reject was useless.
I saw Enter the Iguana, and loved it. But I realized, it's just a movie. And philosophy will never be as good as science. You can have a million philosophies, theories, speculation about how something works and it will never hold a candle against hardcore facts or science. In the early days of the ufc, Royce Gracie beat the crap out of bigger and stronger fighters. Unlike Bruce, the Gracies proved to the world that their martial art, bjj, is effective. Bruce Lee did not even learn wing chun in its entirety. There was no way for him to prove anything practical in the martial arts world when he was not even qualified to do so. The guy was very good at marketting himself by conditioning his body. He was a salesman and very smart. But a great martial artist, far from it

Thank you for your amazing insight!
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll