d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Russia Evil?
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Mar 15 2017 07:36pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 15 2017 08:35pm)
I'm not a Russia fan and I don't label anything as evil but if they are evil as you say I have no clue how this country wouldn't qualify as well

Use whatever word you'd like to in place of "evil". Perhaps "cruel" would work better.

This country also qualifies as cruel but the magnitude is not comparable. If you disagree I'd advise Googling a bit on Russia's human rights violations. Wikipedia is obviously not the best start but there's a page that's at least a decent start as long as you pay attention to and vet the sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Russia

This post was edited by Voyaging on Mar 15 2017 07:39pm
Gold: 3.37
Mar 15 2017 07:39pm
Quote (Happypuppy @ Mar 15 2017 06:02pm)
Every time I watch the news it's always news about Russia hacking or Putin doing stuff most of which is bad. Is Russia really bad or is it just the media trying to give that impression? Don't see them reporting any good news...

Russia's government, yes, all governments are evil.

Russian people? No, but they are assholes.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 15 2017 07:40pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 15 2017 06:36pm)
Use whatever word you'd like to in place of "evil". Perhaps "cruel" would work better.

This country also qualifies as cruel but the magnitude is not comparable. If you disagree I'd advise Googling a bit on Russia's human rights violations.

dropping bombs from robots that mostly hit civilians and slaughtering women and children and labeling that slaughter as acceptable seems like some pretty massive human rights violations to me
Mar 15 2017 07:41pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 15 2017 08:40pm)
dropping bombs from robots that mostly hit civilians and slaughtering women and children and labeling that slaughter as acceptable seems like some pretty massive human rights violations to me

Yes they are, and again I have not claimed they are not.
Gold: 107.77
Mar 15 2017 07:44pm
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 15 2017 07:44pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 15 2017 06:41pm)
Yes they are, and again I have not claimed they are not.

I'm not a patriotic person so to me when people start talking about other countries being evil it's like watching a neighbor that chokes his wife demonize our other neighbor that punches his.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2017 07:47pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 16 Mar 2017 02:36)

This country also qualifies as cruel but the magnitude is not comparable.

I'd say the US has been somewhat cruel in order to extend their reach, Russia went further, with a significant more cruel approach. Turkey is going there right now following Russia's steps.
and 50% of the rest of the world (or more) has similar cruel power struggles.
I can morn about 1 civil aircraft (Mh17), that's an incident, in a much larger scale of cruel forces at play in order to take control over land around the world.
Again, democracies need to work together to deescalate the world.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 15 2017 07:48pm
Mar 15 2017 07:51pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 15 2017 08:44pm)
I'm not a patriotic person so to me when people start talking about other countries being evil it's like watching a neighbor that chokes his wife demonize our other neighbor that punches his.

It's more like watching a neighbor that killed his wife demonizing the other neighbor that tortured and killed hundreds of people. They're both evil but one is more.

Quote (Knaapie @ Mar 15 2017 08:47pm)
I'd say the US has been somewhat cruel in order to extend their reach, Russia went further, with a significant more cruel approach. Turkey is going there right now following Russia's steps.
and 50% of the rest of the world (or more) has similar cruel power struggles.
I can morn about 1 civil aircraft (Mh17), but that's an incident, in a much larger scale of cruel forces at play in order to take control over land around the world.
Again, democracies need to work together to deescalate the world.

There are other countries that are equally or more cruel e.g. Turkey, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, the difference is that Russia is now in the discussion for most powerful country in the world and that combination of cruelty mixed with power is what makes them the most dangerous.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2017 08:05pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 16 Mar 2017 02:51)
It's more like watching a neighbor that killed his wife demonizing the other neighbor that tortured and killed hundreds of people. They're both evil but one is more.

There are other countries that are equally or more cruel e.g. Turkey, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, the difference is that Russia is now in the discussion for most powerful country in the world and that combination of cruelty mixed with power is what makes them the most dangerous.

Perhaps. But we shouldnt use them as a distraction for the rest of what is happening in the world. I get your point and I'll support actions against Russia whenever they cross a line.
As my expectations pre Trump, while we are climbing out of the recession, investments in the military is rising. (a popular sector to cut, in order to reach the max 3% deficit asked by the EU).

The power of the collective will be rising, if the EU stays together and can become more decisive in the future.
With the power balance at this time, I'm not afraid for any actual opposition. The focus should be: climate change.
And a more global approach to peace, more supportive of countries in need of a way to preserve their existence. (More focused towards food and water)

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 15 2017 08:09pm
Gold: 9,106.00
Mar 15 2017 08:39pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 15 2017 06:28pm)
The Russian government is extremely evil, and Putin is the most dangerous man on the planet, exceeding even Erdoğan, Jong-un, and Assad. Russia is by extension the most dangerous country in the world (filled with millions of human rights violations and its government guilty of committing mass terror attacks on its own people in order to manipulate the public into supporting the massacre of civilians in Chechnya).

If reality was a movie, the Russian government would be the bad guys and Putin would be the supervillain. Anyone who supports Russia or suggests a diplomatic relationship with them is either ignorant or evil and anti-American (such as Trump, who happens to be all of the above).

You make some very bold claims while talking out of your ass. I doubt you've ever been outside North America let alone ever reach the shores of Russia.

I support a stronger relationship with Russia. The way to influence a country is by breaking bread with them and having economic/social/political ties with them not to shun them.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll