d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > 'beauty And The Beast' Trend
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 15 2017 01:34am
Early predictions point to BatB getting ready to kill it at the box office, which ensures Disney won't stop remaking their animated classics into live action hybrids.

What is your take on this new trend? Do you think they will be able to fine tune this formula to make these movies really good? Could the future installments of movies like Aladdin or Lion King actually supplant their animated predecessors and become the real classic? Or do you think it's just a quick cash grab off these established brands, and Disney will use it up and move on?

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 15 2017 01:34am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2017 02:39am
Just another stupid gimmick by Disney that'll be depressingly successful. They're killing it right now and they're doing so by releasing mediocre nostalgic films. Irks me of course because I'd rather have good and or original movies, but you gotta give them credit for mass manipulation of your average person.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 15 2017 02:39am
Gold: 4.37
Mar 15 2017 06:43am
This trend isn't new and Disney has been doing it for decades.

I am 100% okay with live action remakes of Disney movies and I truly believe it has no effect on the original.

They still push out original films....zootopia and inside out are two great movies.

The live action remakes have been pretty good, certainly nothing to fault in Cinderella, Jungle Book, and soon to tell Beauty and the Beast when i see it on Sunday. I haven't seen Pete's Dragon yet, but I am very much looking forward to it.

I am completely okay with Disney doing this. Even if this is a way to make a lot money, they are a business, and I'm completely okay with it.Disney movies rarely ever disappoint me.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 15 2017 08:39am)
Just another stupid gimmick by Disney that'll be depressingly successful. They're killing it right now and they're doing so by releasing mediocre nostalgic films. Irks me of course because I'd rather have good and or original movies, but you gotta give them credit for mass manipulation of your average person.

I don't think it's a gimmick at all. I stand by producers retelling stories using different methods......there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The originals are still as they were and are still loved. The remakes don't take away from them AT ALL. You don't like anything (especially mainstream), but I am incredibly open to remakes, new directors with different ideas, and the change in technology used.

The Mummy, on the other hand, is an upcoming reboot that I am sure will be bad, but i still accept it's existence.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Mar 15 2017 06:55am
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 15 2017 11:20am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Mar 15 2017 08:43am)

http://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/movies-tv/g2936/list-of-disney-live-action-remakes/
Mar 15 2017 11:31am
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 15 2017 05:20pm)

I would go as far back as 1996 with 101 Dalmatians, hence my comment. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with it.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Mar 15 2017 11:32am
Mar 15 2017 11:37am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Mar 15 2017 05:43am)

I am 100% okay with live action remakes of Disney movies and I truly believe it has no effect on the original.

They still push out original films....zootopia and inside out are two great movies.

The live action remakes have been pretty good, certainly nothing to fault in Cinderella, Jungle Book, and soon to tell Beauty and the Beast when i see it on Sunday. I haven't seen Pete's Dragon yet, but I am very much looking forward to it.

I am completely okay with Disney doing this. Even if this is a way to make a lot money, they are a business, and I'm completely okay with it.Disney movies rarely ever disappoint me.

I don't think it's a gimmick at all. I stand by producers retelling stories using different methods......there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The originals are still as they were and are still loved. The remakes don't take away from them AT ALL. You don't like anything (especially mainstream), but I am incredibly open to remakes, new directors with different ideas, and the change in technology used.

The Mummy, on the other hand, is an upcoming reboot that I am sure will be bad, but i still accept it's existence.

You say I don't like anything far too much and that's just obviously not true...

Just irritating that Disney is making billions off okay movies and people are raving about them. Especially the SW movies. Force Awakens and Rouge One were both okay, but TFA was reviewed like it was the best movie of the damn decade. They weren't anything special.

Just on the front page there are multiple movies and TV shows which I've spoken highly of. You need to stop with this false claim every single time I say something negative

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 15 2017 11:37am
Gold: 0.80
Mar 15 2017 12:04pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 15 2017 05:37pm)
You say I don't like anything far too much and that's just obviously not true...

Just irritating that Disney is making billions off okay movies and people are raving about them. Especially the SW movies. Force Awakens and Rouge One were both okay, but TFA was reviewed like it was the best movie of the damn decade. They weren't anything special.

Just on the front page there are multiple movies and TV shows which I've spoken highly of. You need to stop with this false claim every single time I say something negative

you need to realise your opinion is your opinion and this is the internet
Mar 15 2017 12:06pm
Quote (WelSh @ Mar 15 2017 11:04am)
you need to realise your opinion is your opinion and this is the internet

What part of my post makes you think I don't understand that?
Gold: 0.80
Mar 15 2017 12:47pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 15 2017 06:06pm)
What part of my post makes you think I don't understand that?

"Disney make billions off ok movies"
Mar 15 2017 02:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 15 2017 05:37pm)

I don't find much wrong with most Disney animated movies, nor do I find much wrong with the live action remakes. I do believe thy are quite more than mediocre.

The force awakens was the movie people wanted since the prequels (though I enjoy the prequels for certain things they offer). They hit the nostalgia mark for Star Wars fans after a long hiatus. Yes, we can all agree that the plot could have been better, but I am more than willing to wait for 8 and 9 to decide if the reused plot of the TFA worked or not. Does your mind about TFA change if the plot of a new hope was different?

Rogue One, I enjoyed a lot, and it is certainly more than mediocre....it's more than "just okay."

When you have these claims of movies being mediocre to your own standards, that's fine. But on the scale of good movies vs bad movies, Disney certainly doesn't fall into the category of bad or mediocre.

disney has been enormously successful at hitting what could be the largest demographic of movie watchers ever.

If you care so much about Disney making all the money, stop watching their movies, or go into the movie business and do something "better."

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Mar 15 2017 02:12pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll