Gold: 100.24
Mar 16 2017 01:33am
Quote (Mattd90 @ 16 Mar 2017 03:33)
Any kind of external will do?

He just literally stated what kind of drive is required in the post you quoted

Gold: 0.00
Mar 16 2017 07:40am
Quote (Mattd90 @ Mar 15 2017 09:27pm)
I guess it will be smart to just wait til the bugs get fixed out then. Having a 2+ TB external would be nice to have as backup for stuff, but I really only need it for the ps4 right now, so I need to make sure it's compatible

http://a.co/3tpM5FD

if your in us thats the one i just bought for my ps4 2tb western digital and works fine
Gold: 285.00
Mar 16 2017 10:32pm
Quote (Deppi @ Mar 16 2017 02:33am)

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/175/315/PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

I've already read on some other places that people are having compatibility issues with certain brands while people with older hard drives are doing okay. Trying to find out if any of that is true from people in here.

Don't be a smart ass.

Quote (PSN_4EVA @ Mar 16 2017 08:40am)
http://a.co/3tpM5FD

if your in us thats the one i just bought for my ps4 2tb western digital and works fine

Thanks. I'll add that to the list I'm looking at.
Gold: 10,995.01
Mar 17 2017 02:13pm
Quote (Mattd90 @ Mar 17 2017 12:32am)
I've already read on some other places that people are having compatibility issues with certain brands while people with older hard drives are doing okay. Trying to find out if any of that is true from people in here.

Don't be a smart ass.

Thanks. I'll add that to the list I'm looking at.

older brands that are usb3? cant be that old
Gold: 2.00
Mar 17 2017 06:16pm
Quote (Mattd90 @ Mar 17 2017 12:32am)

Don't be a smart ass.

He's not being a smart ass, he's being an asshole.

Neways. I might play 4 or 5 games myself, with a 500gb hdd, and I'm not even half way towards filling up my space. I wonder if you have some other clutter taking space. If you haven't already, open the system storage, and see if it's apps using up most of your space, and go through and see what can you can part with. Like I said, I have only a few games stored on mine, and I use the discs, but theres a few other extra apps that use up 15-20gb. I.e amazon instant vid and netflix ect. I only have 1 downloaded game, and thats infamous first light, so it doesn't take up much space, so idk if it really makes a difference to use the hard copies or not, but if so, you want to consider switching over in the future. Buying an external just to store all these games is extra $ in my eyes I don't need to spend. But ofc guys like JDM who plays a tooooooooon of games needs it, but guys like us who don't shouldn't have this issue. Just imho
Gold: 293.50
Mar 17 2017 06:27pm
Quote (Deppi @ Mar 16 2017 01:33am)

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/175/315/PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

nobody knows who the fuck you are anyway shut up bitch
Gold: 10,995.01
Mar 17 2017 07:02pm
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Mar 17 2017 08:16pm)

Neways. I might play 4 or 5 games myself, with a 500gb hdd, and I'm not even half way towards filling up my space. I wonder if you have some other clutter taking space. If you haven't already, open the system storage, and see if it's apps using up most of your space, and go through and see what can you can part with. Like I said, I have only a few games stored on mine, and I use the discs, but theres a few other extra apps that use up 15-20gb. I.e amazon instant vid and netflix ect. I only have 1 downloaded game, and thats infamous first light, so it doesn't take up much space, so idk if it really makes a difference to use the hard copies or not, but if so, you want to consider switching over in the future. Buying an external just to store all these games is extra $ in my eyes I don't need to spend. But ofc guys like JDM who plays a tooooooooon of games needs it, but guys like us who don't shouldn't have this issue. Just imho

certain games take like 10-20 gigs some take like 60-80
like i had to delete ESO cuz it was up to like 80 gigs and 30 of that was dlc i didnt purchase
also if you buy digital they take up more space i believe then hard disk installing the patches and stuff

im glad they added the "add to library" option for ps+ games though sometimes id have to delete a game to dl install then delete it after its in my library
saves for downloading just to put it in library if you would like the game but maybe not at that time

This post was edited by dragoneth on Mar 17 2017 07:05pm
Gold: 445.00
Mar 18 2017 11:28pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Mar 17 2017 09:02pm)
certain games take like 10-20 gigs some take like 60-80
like i had to delete ESO cuz it was up to like 80 gigs and 30 of that was dlc i didnt purchase
also if you buy digital they take up more space i believe then hard disk installing the patches and stuff

im glad they added the "add to library" option for ps+ games though sometimes id have to delete a game to dl install then delete it after its in my library
saves for downloading just to put it in library if you would like the game but maybe not at that time

You can just purchase them on the site as well to redeem them but not download them.

This post was edited by ROM on Mar 18 2017 11:28pm
Gold: 285.00
Mar 20 2017 11:39am
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Mar 17 2017 07:16pm)

Thankfully, I do not use any apps on my ps4, besides the browser, which is rare. 99% of my use is for games. I deleted games I still play, but don't play that often. I also use all disc games. The only digital games I have are the free ones from the months, like Rocket League. Even those I deleted like 80% of them.

The games I have still are cod4 remaster/infinite warfare, witcher 3, dragon age inquistion, star wars battlefront, destiny (actually just recently deleted this so I could download the cod4 patch).

I'll have to look further into the memory, but I shouldn't have much more on it. It's looking like I'll need the external.
Gold: 9,181.50
Mar 20 2017 12:52pm
It won't give you much more space, but it'll give you space regardless if you delete all your screenshots/captures
There was an update a while back that every time you unlocked a trophy, the system automatically took a screenshot of it, they are really small files and don't really add up to much, but every little bit counts

This post was edited by Property_Damage on Mar 20 2017 12:54pm
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll