d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ahca = Death Panels > But Real This Time
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Mar 13 2017 11:21pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 13 2017 11:46pm)
No.
penalizing people for not buying expensive insurance isn't the only way to pay for poor/sick people.

Not having insurance isnt the same as not having care/dying, and i already rejected your premise above.

what reliable alternatives are there? private charities aren't going to do the job

Quote (FroggyG @ Mar 13 2017 11:44pm)
People need to be punished for wrong choices.
If someone chooses not to have health insurance you don't just go ahead and bail them out anyway.
Otherwise why would anybody ever want health insurance.

Unless you want to hike taxes for a universal health care system because that's the only way that works.

i do love our universal health care system ^_^
though at the same time i'm quite authoritarian and i'd get very oppressive to make sure people didn't make so many wrong choices that requires me to bail them out

This post was edited by duffman316 on Mar 13 2017 11:25pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 13 2017 11:45pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 13 2017 08:46pm)

No.
penalizing people for not buying expensive insurance isn't the only way to pay for poor/sick people.

You're right. We could also raise taxes on healthy people (which is the better option anyway).
Gold: 285.00
Mar 14 2017 04:58am
There always have and will always be death panels.

It is just better when they are medical professionals with medical ethics rather than insurance personnel operating under business ethnics.

Yes OP is right that the GOP is going to literally kill people and likely drain state coffers when they shit the bed on Medicaid. It is just what's going to happen when life sustaining treatments are removed. Every American will lose a great deal of rights is ACA is repealed.

It won't be a death panel decision, it will be more like a Stalinist decision. This is every bit a purge. It will affect poor Americans the most, for the exclusive benefit of the 1%.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 14 2017 05:19am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll