d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Goku Vs Golden Freeza > Dragon Ball Super
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 570.00
Mar 13 2017 11:44am
I've recently started watching DBS, and I'm at the part where Goku just got beat up by Freeza, and it doesn't make much sense to me. At their very first fight, Freeza was terrified of the ''legendary'' Super Saiyan, and Goku turned Super Saiyan for the first time there, and beat Freeza. Since then, he's beaten many opponents which were a lot stronger than Freeza, like Cell or Majin Buu (which Goku turned Super Saiyan 3 for). It's safe to assume that at this point Goku is exponentially stronger than at his first fight with Freeza.

And then, he turned into a Super Saiyan God (red) to fight Beerus for the first time, in which he lost but still held his end pretty nicely. We could actually see Beerus was starting to get worried. After losing, he went on to train with Vegeta and achieved Super Saiyan God (blue), which logically should be even stronger than the other form of Super Saiyan God (red). At this point, imo, Freeza has nothing to do with the story anymore, yet he caught up with Goku and got even stronger in only 4 months. Being stronger than this form of Goku, which is stronger than the Goku who held his own against Beerus is just not right to me. And if he got that strong, why is he still so afraid of Beerus? If SSGSS red was doing decent against Beerus, SSGSS blue would do even better, and then Freeza is still stronger than that?

If Freeza could get THAT much stronger in only a 4 month period, why the hell was he so afraid of a mere Super Saiyan 1?

Am I the only one for whom that didn't make much sense?

Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2017 12:28pm
Super Saiyan was only a legend. Frieza was a fighting prodigy who could become infinitely more powerful in short periods of time. As he had no idea how strong a Super Saiyan was, he felt he was already as strong as he would need to be, since he absolutely destroyed everything already. Once he realized how strong a Saiyan was capable of becoming, he trained to a level in which to completely embarrass Goku. Unfortunately for him, as you said, Goku had done nothing but fight stronger and stronger enemies since beating Frieza. It's all explained if you actually pay attention....

It's been a recurring theme with the DB universe. It's impossible to obtain a new height of power, until you realize it's possible. Just like with Goku ascending to the power of the gods. Vegeta then worked his fucking ass off to obtain that same power, since he knew it was possible through dedication and rigorous training for a saiyan to become that powerful. It's happened with bad guys before as well, I know you're not through Super yet, but later you'll meet a guy named Hit who like Goku and the gang, has infinite for potential improvement, even mid-battle.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 13 2017 12:41pm
Gold: 2,094.99
Mar 13 2017 12:35pm
Freeze was a child prodigy. He achieved the strength he had on namek, which was almost on par with a super saiyan, without ever training. He had raw talent/power. So when you take a specimen like that & actually have them train, they'll gain power a lot more quickly than what it would take someone else, even Goku.

Does it make perfect, logical sense ? Nah...but this is a common theme with dbz
Mar 13 2017 01:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 13 2017 01:28pm)
Super Saiyan was only a legend. Frieza was a fighting prodigy who could become infinitely more powerful in short periods of time. As he had no idea how strong a Super Saiyan was, he felt he was already as strong as he would need to be, since he absolutely destroyed everything already. Once he realized how strong a Saiyan was capable of becoming, he trained to a level in which to completely embarrass Goku. Unfortunately for him, as you said, Goku had done nothing but fight stronger and stronger enemies since beating Frieza. It's all explained if you actually pay attention....

It's been a recurring theme with the DB universe. It's impossible to obtain a new height of power, until you realize it's possible. Just like with Goku ascending to the power of the gods. Vegeta then worked his fucking ass off to obtain that same power, since he knew it was possible through dedication and rigorous training for a saiyan to become that powerful. It's happened with bad guys before as well, I know you're not through Super yet, but later you'll meet a guy named Hit who like Goku and the gang, has infinite for potential improvement, even mid-battle.

I did pay attention and I did get that, but what I'm trying to say in first post is that it doesn't make sense haha. If Freeza was so strong to begin with, I don't get why he was so afraid of Goku, or why he IS so afraid of Beerus. If he could achieve this much power within such a short amount of time, what would happen if he would train for years? With the current logic, he'd be able to crush Beerus yet anyone in the Universe... so why didn't he do it before?

I get whatcha trying to tell me, but I can't help and think logically in all of that.
Mar 13 2017 02:18pm
Quote (Bourse @ Mar 13 2017 12:31pm)
I did pay attention and I did get that, but what I'm trying to say in first post is that it doesn't make sense haha. If Freeza was so strong to begin with, I don't get why he was so afraid of Goku, or why he IS so afraid of Beerus. If he could achieve this much power within such a short amount of time, what would happen if he would train for years? With the current logic, he'd be able to crush Beerus yet anyone in the Universe... so why didn't he do it before?

I get whatcha trying to tell me, but I can't help and think logically in all of that.

I understand your viewpoint, but as said, it's impossible to know what your limits truly are, until you have someone test them. That has always been true for the DB universe. Beerus is a God of Destruction... As seen in Super (coming later), he chooses to fight. If he wanted to, he can literally touch any non-god and instantly destroy them. He just enjoys fighting strong people.

Goku, Frieza and every other mortal can never be on his level because they're mortal. If they truly threatened him, he could just erase them from existence without even trying.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 13 2017 02:20pm
Mar 14 2017 09:56pm
I just finished watching Vegeta teach that other little fellow Saiyan from Universe 6 how to become a Saiyan through anger... that was one of the best Dragon Ball moment of all time for me. Truly awesome. Now he's getting destroyed by Hit though lol
Gold: 17,400.00
Mar 14 2017 10:16pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 13 2017 02:28pm)

im not so sure of that anymore i just watched a scene i forgot when supreme kai was talking about the gods in the future with zamasu and beerus was dead.killed by zamasu or goku rose w/e. i think its writing errors which fucks people up. i myself often wondered same thing and similar scenario's nothing makes sense.best to try not to think and just enjoy show.
Mar 14 2017 10:40pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Mar 14 2017 09:16pm)
im not so sure of that anymore i just watched a scene i forgot when supreme kai was talking about the gods in the future with zamasu and beerus was dead.killed by zamasu or goku rose w/e. i think its writing errors which fucks people up. i myself often wondered same thing and similar scenario's nothing makes sense.best to try not to think and just enjoy show.

Nothing makes sense is probably the most appropriate statement that can be made for DB. Just enjoy it for what it is lol.

I think he killed the kais which kills the gods of destruction btw. I don't think he actually killed Beerus, not sure though.
Gold: 0.50
Mar 14 2017 10:51pm
Yes gods of destruction and the supreme Kais come in pairs so when one dies the other does
Gold: 17,400.00
Mar 15 2017 12:02am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 15 2017 12:40am)
Nothing makes sense is probably the most appropriate statement that can be made for DB. Just enjoy it for what it is lol.

I think he killed the kais which kills the gods of destruction btw. I don't think he actually killed Beerus, not sure though.

Yea your probably right hehe
Go Back To Anime Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll