d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > How Would Pard Poster, Run The Usa? > Let's Hear The Ideas...
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Mar 9 2017 12:46pm
Name of your Party: Federalist
Name of your Vice President: Kyrsten Sinema
Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members

Jesse Ventura, Secretary of State
Ellen Brown, economist, Secretary of Treasury
Tulsi Gabbard, Secretary of Defense

Healthcare: Medicare for all.
Immigration: Open borders and easy to attain citizenship, but deport violent criminals.
Economy: Mixed economy. Eliminate some regulations that benefit only large corporations and serve as barriers to entry into the market by small businesses. Fix the broken patenting system to protect inventors from capitalist market manipulation. Implement a Universal Basic Income and eliminate all other federal welfare programs.
Taxes: Eliminate entirely (except certain excise taxes and import/export taxes), replace with a government takeover of all banking. Eliminate the Federal Reserve and put the Treasury in charge of managing capital and the money supply. Interest on investments covers more bills than our current tax system does.
Deficit: Eliminated by the public banking system and a one time monetization of all outstanding debt.
Energy: Promote thorium, geothermal, and solar before everything else. Rewrite treaties that currently prevent us from reprocessing nuclear waste. Eliminate energy subsidies for fossil fuels. Implement aggressive subsidies for thorium and renewables with a 20 year sunset period. Eliminate the ethanol program and the ethanol requirement for fuel.
Military: Reduce budget by eliminating costly and useless weapons programs and private contractors. Streamline supply bidding processes. Increase pay and benefits to service men and women and fully fund the VA.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 9 2017 01:01pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 9 2017 12:53pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 9 2017 01:46pm)

Gold: 0.00
Mar 9 2017 12:56pm
Quote (Ghot @ 9 Mar 2017 02:31)
Each of you pretend that you have been elected President of the USA.
Offer solutions for each item listed on the form below.

Keep in mind you can not get impeached or assassinated.

Try to keep the solutions to the problems below...short, rather than long and drawn out. This is not a typing contest, it's a thinking contest.

Name of your Party
Name of your Vice President
Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members.

Healthcare:
Immigration:
Economy:
Taxes:
Deficit:
Energy:
Military:

Everyday I see folks bitching about how Trump does things. Well here's your chance to do better.

/e You have to use the current Congress. You can also appoint only 3 Cabinet members.

Honestly mate - idk. I didn't run for president and don't pretend I know what it takes to run a country. All I know is Trump doesn't have it.

If I were magically made PotUS tomorrow I would surround myself with people who have made the job their life's work and I would take their advice on how best to guide the country toward a freer and fairer society.

Maybe if Trump could take advice you wouldn't have had to make this thread. He's a spoilt, arrogant child at the helm of a superpower and that is worrying... and also frequently hilarious.
Gold: 10.77
Mar 9 2017 12:56pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 9 2017 11:53am)

I don't think you know anything about his background if this is your response. Ideologically, he is the closest to me of anyone who has held statewide office or higher in the U.S.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 9 2017 12:57pm
Gold: 475.46
Mar 9 2017 01:10pm
Name of your Party: Wild Stalions
Name of your Vice President: Joe rogan
Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members. Larry, Curly and Moe

Healthcare: Single payer
Immigration: Allow legal migration, deal with illegal migration responsibly.
Economy: Damn the man
Taxes: Make the code more simple, make it fair.
Deficit: what deficit?
Energy: Clean energy focus.
Military: Scale international presence back, bring troops home and save money and work on becoming stronger from within for a while.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 9 2017 01:15pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 9 2017 01:56pm)
I don't think you know anything about his background if this is your response. Ideologically, he is the closest to me of anyone who has held statewide office or higher in the U.S.

I've read his book and followed him for a while, but the guy has no real ideology. He's basically a contrarian who claims to be a libertarian, yet supports plenty of big government policies and voted for Jill Stein. He's become a complete laughing stock.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 9 2017 04:38pm
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Mar 9 2017 08:58am)
Name of your Party: Empire of the United States
Name of your Vice President: none
Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members: None, the totalitarian oligarchy would be run by a senate comprised of elected scientist, 3 from each branch of science/engineering, only top 15% intelligence can vote or be appointed.

Healthcare: Free competition for plebians, people of top 25% intelligence have option of heavily subsidized health care

Immigration: must have a background check done, all illegals placed in forced labor camps until they have produced enough wealth to pau for their tocket back to where they came from

Economy: Lead the way in developing weapons and convince other countries to rely on the empire for protection and charge them for said protection.

Taxes: similar to current system, no benefit for high intelligence individuals. Loopholes closed.

Deficit: go back to Iraq and get the oil, stop giving countries like israel money to buy defense and force them to pay for us to defend them

Energy: solar and wind, nuclear for any other need

Military: similar to what we have now, cut out making bases that arent paid for by the peopl we are defending

This all hinges on the possibility that a test can be developed that has >95% accuracy for intelligence

I didnt use the currwnt congress rip

A+
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 50%
Mar 9 2017 05:00pm
Name of your Party
Liberal Shenanigans

Name of your Vice President
My mom

Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members.
My best friend, my moms 2 cats

Healthcare: Give it all for free
Immigration: Take all in
Economy: Spend it all on welfare, free education, free healthcare, food stamps
Taxes: Raise all taxes with 60%
Deficit: Negative
Energy: Force all citizens to run on grass fuel
Military: Guns are dangerous, get rid of military

This post was edited by Zentard on Mar 9 2017 05:00pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 9 2017 06:55pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Mar 9 2017 09:57am)
The Emperor's Will
Preston Jacobs
Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Reilly

Healthcare: Universal coverage for all American citizens. Any form of medicine that is "alternative" is not funded. People have to pay for their own acupuncturists. If someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness, they will be granted the option of trying unapproved experimental drugs. Doctors will be required by law to have all overweight patients on a medically supervised diet. The definition of overweight and obese will rely heavily on BMI but can be contested with a body fat test.

All obese Americans must pay a fee: For hospitalization and surgery, 15% of medical costs with a cap of $10,000. They must also pay for prescription medication, but no more than $100 for a month's supply of a single drug.

All overweight Americans must pay a fee: For hospitalization and surgery, 10% of medical costs with a cap of $5,000.

This puts into place a plan where Americans are given very strong incentives to drop weight. If lower income Americans cannot afford to pay, they have the opportunity to reduce their weight, and are given the window of what three doctors declare is the quickest healthy way they can get their lbs down with an additional three months. If they fail in this, the costs are adjusted to reflect the progress they've made.

All non-citizens (tourists, visa holders, dreamers, etc.) pay a fee if they must go to a hospital: 20% of their medical costs with a cap of $10,000. If they must see a doctor, they must pay $50 for the visit and only have prescription medicine subsidized for half the cost.

Immigration: We build a wall across the southern border, 25 yards tall. All illegal immigrants are removed from the nation. For anyone who argues we need them to do the jobs that pay to low and that Americans won't do, we send them to labor camps for advocating their progressive serfdom. We will not be known as the nation that exploits labor

Current "DREAMers" can stay, but are never eligible to receive citizenship unless they self-deport and start from square one. Future DREAMers are not forgiven and are deported with their parents/guardians. Birthright citizenship is ended.

Our focus on immigration looks to Europe once again, to better preserve and restore the demographic makeup of the nation prior to the horrible 1960s reforms. We only accept people who are better than what we have, placing high standards on all those who want to live here. Marriage and family in the US are no longer good enough to qualify for citizenship.

Economy: All forms of energy production are encouraged, clean energy is subsidized with intense oversight to ensure no fraud is occurring. The minimum wage is increased to $13 an hour and indexed to productivity, and is thereby adjusted every two years. Anyone who says they cannot afford to pay this wage are immediately put in labor camps for the crime of suggesting they should have the right to exploit people due to some "small or medium business class" nonsense.

Regulations are scaled back, save for workplace safety rules. Those too will be scaled back, but more carefully. After all, workplace injury was on a steady decline prior to OSHA.

International trade is negotiated in a way that allows the United States to maintain a strong manufacturing base as well as a thriving service economy.

Most importantly. We nationalize the banks. We will no longer allow the economic health of our nation be determined by Jewish bankers.

Taxes: "I Like Ike" tax policy recreated, the wealthy are taxed more heavily. Celebrities are required to pay at a higher rate than others in their income brackets.

Deficit: Efforts will be made to reduce and eliminate the deficit with tax reform and spending cuts. Tax increases alone cannot end the deficit, so a nation wide look into wasteful spending must occur.

Energy: All forms encouraged, clean subsidized.

Military: Our enemies will die screaming.

That's awfully statist of you.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 9 2017 12:46pm)

Healthcare: Medicare for all.
Immigration: Open borders and easy to attain citizenship, but deport violent criminals.
Economy: Mixed economy. Eliminate some regulations that benefit only large corporations and serve as barriers to entry into the market by small businesses. Fix the broken patenting system to protect inventors from capitalist market manipulation. Implement a Universal Basic Income and eliminate all other federal welfare programs.
Taxes: Eliminate entirely (except certain excise taxes and import/export taxes), replace with a government takeover of all banking. Eliminate the Federal Reserve and put the Treasury in charge of managing capital and the money supply. Interest on investments covers more bills than our current tax system does.
Deficit: Eliminated by the public banking system and a one time monetization of all outstanding debt.
Energy: Promote thorium, geothermal, and solar before everything else. Rewrite treaties that currently prevent us from reprocessing nuclear waste. Eliminate energy subsidies for fossil fuels. Implement aggressive subsidies for thorium and renewables with a 20 year sunset period. Eliminate the ethanol program and the ethanol requirement for fuel.
Military: Reduce budget by eliminating costly and useless weapons programs and private contractors. Streamline supply bidding processes. Increase pay and benefits to service men and women and fully fund the VA.

I can agree with a lot of this.
Gold: 500.00
Mar 9 2017 07:28pm
Name of your Party - Duff and friends
Name of your Vice President - Duff's best friend
Names and assignments of your THREE Cabinet members. - Duff's next 3 best friends.

Healthcare: Single payer, Mandatory yearly fitness requirements for all. Free gym memberships, subsidies on vegetables. Safety nets will be eliminated completely.
Immigration: All are welcome with the caveat that assimilation is mandatory.
Economy: Free market with government funded research into science, space exploration and war. Employment kept at 0% by auto enrolling anyone without a job for more than 6 months into active military duty.
Taxes: Progressive. Anyone caught trying to get out of paying taxes will be beheaded for treason. A special +1% tax on libertarians only.
Deficit: None.
Energy: Nuclear.
Military: All citizens will undergo a mandatory 1-2 year miiltary training period followed by permanent reserve military status.

Other: Duffman gets a personal tank

This post was edited by duffman316 on Mar 9 2017 07:28pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll