d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > I Need Advanced Statistics Help Random Numbers > Will Pay Hundreds Fg
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 575.56
Mar 8 2017 07:33pm
so i'm writing a program, a simulation that relies heavily on some statistics stuff that I don't understand
There are 3 problems I need to solve
If familiar with computer science at all I have a similar topic posted in the programmers haven Linked here:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76070194&f=120

what I need is 3 different random number generators, or a way to turn my random number generator that generates a random number between 0 and 1 completely randomly to like 16 decimal places into a distributed random number generator

Poisson Distribution
Patients will arrive under a Poisson Distribution with an avg arrival rate of 3 per hour (1 per 1200 seconds)
What I need is a random number generator that follows this distribution.
so my Delta t avg is 1200 seconds, what I need is a formula, or function which outputs Delta ts adhering to the distribution

Negative Exponential Distribution
The Doctor can service patients with a negative exponential distribution with the following rates
hearts 2/hr
gastros 4/hour
bleeders 6/hour
so given these averages i need to do the same thing, come up with a random number generator (this time 3 number generators) that will give me delta time
so on average a heart treatment takes 1800 seconds but what i need is a function or formula that generates the set of random numbers 1 at a time to adhere to a negative exponential distribution

same problem, just with a normal distribution...
delta t averages given with standard deviation, i was given a hint to use Box Miller's Algorithm, but I dont get it
patients arriving and waiting for service have a critical period in which they must be treated or they will die. the critical period is distributed normal and has the following breakdown
heart: mean 35min stddev 10min
gas: mean 80min stddev 30min
bleeder mean 65min stddev 20min

idk i know posting here is a long shot but i'll give a couple hundred fg for every solution , got a couple weeks to come up with it just let me know if you have any questions or clarifications i guess
Gold: 575.56
Mar 10 2017 03:14pm
box muller theorem for normal distrobutions and negative exponential theorem for poissons

got it figured out thanks
/threadclose
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll