d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > New Here
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,461.01
Mar 13 2017 04:18pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 9 2017 12:15am)
call me out? what did you "call me out" on?

i'm saying people who lift weights have inferiority complexes, typically stemming from little man syndrome

you seem hyper defensive of bros, so naturally i assume you're a manlet who loves to lift to distract from your lack of stature

Each and everyone of them, obviously :D You are so superior that improving your general fitness or physique would be a symptom of feeling beta I guess?

Must have had a rough childhood or serious insecurity mate, nobody besides you gives a fk about how others look or if they somehow do they actually bring others up. That's the difference between being confident about yourself and barking across over your screen.
Gold: 3,005.00
Mar 13 2017 04:18pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Mar 7 2017 07:47pm)
No. because if he's going in the gym with imbalances already straight lifting won't necessarily correct those and could further the imbalances. You can argue until you're blue in the face but I'm sticking by my suggestion and will recommended it to every person starting out in lifting.

Wouldn't the problem here be the simple fact that what you're reccomending isn't a personal trainer, but a physical therapist, a doctor and a chiro?
PT's are useless shits for the most part, unless you're really into squats, stretching and doing retarded excersizes with barely any result.

I agree with one thing though. OP has never worked out before, and might have imbalances that he needs to know about before going at it.
A visit to a doctor and a physical therapist will most likely reveal any issues. After that, I'd go talk to 3-4 people at the gym, the one that actually sounds like he/she has a fucking clue, I'd glue myself to.

OP: AthleanX on youtube is my personal god when it comes to gym technique. Fixed both my shoulders and my hip listening to that guy. However, find out what you like doing.
If you like swimming, start swimming 2-3 times a week. If you wanna jog, go jog. Lift? Go lift! You should however start slowly, and get your body aquinted to working out and dieting. Most people fail because they go balls deep the first few weeks.
They get tired, sick and so sore they can barely move. Fitness and good health is a life choice, not a momentary decision.

I just realized how immensely big this subject is, and I don't even possess 5% of the knowledge I should have. Good luck on getting shredded. Just keep in mind to ease your body into it, and don't start working out 14 times a week immediately!
Gold: 3,005.00
Mar 13 2017 04:21pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 9 2017 03:21pm)
that's a given with you bums

another little man going on here i see

How much do you bank a year then?
Gold: 0.01
Mar 23 2017 11:55pm
nice progress
Gold: 4.50
Mar 27 2017 06:24am
Thanks everyone for the advice! I tried to respond at first, but there was so much going on I couldn't respond to everyone lol. I've learned a few of my limits and had to learn what I was capable of doing from the start.

Quote (firefly063 @ Mar 24 2017 01:55am)
nice progress

Down 22LB in just over 3 weeks. Some progress at least lol.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll