d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obamacare Repeal Bill
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 6 2017 10:07pm
Quote (tman65ky @ Mar 6 2017 09:02pm)
I think if they opened up competition across state lines you would start to see better plans become affordable to people such as yourself. I also like the idea of allowing people without employer health care to band together for the purpose of negotiating a health care plan.

I wish dental was more of a focus

dental health is incredibly important for overall health and it's getting harder and harder for people to get treatment and care they need.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 6 2017 10:09pm
Quote (tman65ky @ Mar 6 2017 10:02pm)
I believe you have to have insurance in order to receive the tax credit.

I do have insurance. Good insurance.
Gold: 253.00
Mar 6 2017 10:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 6 2017 11:07pm)
I wish dental was more of a focus

dental health is incredibly important for overall health and it's getting harder and harder for people to get treatment and care they need.

I have a relative who doesn't have dental and had to have some major work done. It ended up costing him around 10 grand. I'm glad I have dental and I feel kind of bad for not taking advantage of it especially what happened to him.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 6 2017 10:15pm
Quote (tman65ky @ Mar 6 2017 09:11pm)
I have a relative who doesn't have dental and had to have some major work done. It ended up costing him around 10 grand. I'm glad I have dental and I feel kind of bad for not taking advantage of it especially what happened to him.

10k isn't even that bad in the world of dental

teeth are heavily based in genetics in addition to habits so many people are fucked from birth just like everything else

affects heart health and self esteem and limits opportunity in the job market contributing to harmful stress etc etc

you don't even hear about dental in the world of politics which is truly unfortunate
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 6 2017 10:48pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 6 2017 07:49pm)
So... eliminate a bunch of healthcare taxes, raise spending annually by roughly half a trillion dollars? Sounds like the modern Republicans to me. Fuck.

I know right? This is a fucking TERRIBLE bill. It's so sad to me that Democrats are more fiscally responsible than Republicans. Downright pathetic.
Gold: 10.77
Mar 7 2017 12:07am
Looks better than Obamacare to me! A move in the right direction. Hell, this is a move toward UBI as well. Love it.
Gold: 5,169.82
Mar 7 2017 01:18am
Obamacare isn't great, so I'm not too bothered by this. What I am bothered by, is the fact that the Republican party is way too likely to replace it with absolutely nothing.

As long as the USA keep seeing health care as a luxury goods, the country will never get rid of its status as the worst 1st world country in the world.
Gold: 119,903.34
Mar 7 2017 03:29am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 7 2017 01:07am)
Looks better than Obamacare to me! A move in the right direction. Hell, this is a move toward UBI as well. Love it.

The removal of the mandate will most likely raise prices.

I thought the repeal and replace was going to be way worse than this so overall I'd say pragmatically I'm surprised and relieved.

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize Republicans don't care about healthcare spending but rather want to ensure their the insurance companies got them paid off so they can basically get subsidies vs left wing plans of single payer or universal coverage results in the same amount of spending, it's just the nationalized system removes the insurance companies out of the equation so you have a subsidy basically directly onto the American people on an individual/family level.
Gold: 1.00
Mar 7 2017 04:20am
"Individual mandate and employer mandate retroactively repealed"

"The legislation, meanwhile, would preserve protections for those with pre-existing conditions by prohibiting insurers from denying coverage or charging them more. It also would continue to allow young adults to stay on their parents’ plans up to age 26"

Not a good combination to implement by any financial standard. Insurance companies charge people more based on pre-existing conditions for a reason, when they accept people with pre-existing conditions, they take a loss. Furthermore, when you mandate that insurance companies accept people regardless of pre-existing conditions, you enable young healthy people to simply wait until they get sick before purchasing insurance, and since the company cannot deny them coverage they have to accept them and take a financial loss. This is why Obamacare came with an insurance mandate, so people did not take advantage of the system by waiting until they got sick to buy insurance, and to offset the losses that insurance companies deal with by taking people in and not charging them more based on their pre-existing conditions.

Protecting pre-existing conditions without some form of collective payment leads to one of two outcomes
1. The whole system collapses financially
or 2. Everyone's premiums skyrocket to prevent the system from financially collapsing.

Under Obamacare premiums were already going up due to a lower number of people buying insurance than what they anticipated. If you remove the mandate this insufficiency in insurance buyers will only increase, causing premiums to increase at an even higher rate than before... but perhaps there is a substitute for the mandate that I am not aware of, in which case maybe one of you could enlighten me?..

This post was edited by TCassa89 on Mar 7 2017 04:23am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 7 2017 05:31am
- Look like low & middle american class will be fucked again (sorry for my english)
- Senate may not let it happend -they are affraid of people dying on TV due le obamacare removal-
- Im not surprised about a rampant fraud on obamacare -do not use it as an argument-: federal milk cow vs private hospitals & capitalist health care culture is an abomination.

- Funny picture:

ty and gl doing america great again

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 7 2017 05:33am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll