d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Hologram Tech Breakthroughs & Dio Hologram Video. > Obi Wan Kenobi You're My Only Hope.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.37
Mar 2 2017 09:36pm
https://www.osapublishing.org/optica/abstract.cfm?uri=optica-3-12-1504

Quote (Source)
Princess Leia's holographic plea in the classic film "Star Wars" inspired researchers to work toward a device that could project real-life sci-fi holograms. Now, the futuristic 3D imaging may be one step closer to reality.

A team of physicists at the Australian National University (ANU) invented a tiny device that creates the highest-quality holographic images ever achieved, the scientists said.

Study lead researcher Lei Wang, a Ph.D. student at the ANU Research School of Physics and Engineering, said he first learned about the concept of holographic imaging from the "Star Wars" movies. However, these futuristic-looking 3D images could be used for more practical ends than sending messages from a galaxy far, far away.

I fucking love this planet.

I foresee a worldwide musical event, with venues all over the globe, all with the same holograms, of the same people, doing the same performance, in real time, at the same time.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Mar 2 2017 09:36pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2017 09:58pm
I appreciate the conversation pieces but can you please just make a thread like "Science News" and compile rather than a dozen different threads.
Gold: 3.37
Mar 2 2017 10:00pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 2 2017 10:58pm)
I appreciate the conversation pieces but can you please just make a thread like "Science News" and compile rather than a dozen different threads.

That seems reasonable. I will try to find a mod to see if we can make this happen.

For now, I will ease up on posting new threads, there's so much awesome out there. ^_^

-edit

It will have to wait till tomorrow though, I am about to start doing some work, and won't be posting again for 12-14 hours probably.

At least not anything beyond a sentence or two.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Mar 2 2017 10:01pm
Gold: 583.69
Mar 3 2017 04:37am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Mar 3 2017 03:58am)

At least it isnt card sulton threads.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll