d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Been 5 Years Lets Say I Stopped Counting
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2017 08:54am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Mar 2 2017 06:57pm)
Fair enough.

It's an opinion of course, but I do believe a little bit differently. As we grow and explore, we may desire different things and different people.

However, I think it is rare to find somebody with who you truly connect to. Some people you meet come with effortless good conversations, where others you can probe and attempt anything with but the conversation will never really ever be able to take off.

I think there are several people with whom you can have really good chemistry with. However, it gets hard to give up memories and time spent together which makes us cling to the idea of "the one". Even outside of romantic relationships that exists. I've worked with people for years and never have been able to have a super good conversation with them (and yes, I do have some social skills), and I've also met people and bonded with them for 30 minutes and had conversations that were a 100 times more interesting. I think everyone has experienced that.

Aye. Different strokes for different folks. I have friends who ended up dating after breaking it off with other good friends, and insist they were always destined to be. Sometimes things just work out that way, and you connect on a level some of us haven't gotten to.

I gave Captain this thought; we've all had relationships and have different insights and our own journey. We make choices and sometimes live, and sometimes die by them. I haven't been married for 30+ years, so I cannot comprehend that level of commitment. Do I think I am capable of that? Absolutely. Will I ever find it? I hope so. I remain casually optimistic and hopefully ignorant to the fact that I literally may die alone. Do I believe it? Let it consume me? Are there women I remember fondly and think about what life with them would be like?

Then, you have my current girlfriend. Someone I completely love and trust. And for her benefit, to connect on that level I someday hope to reach; and in-turn be able to offer advice on 30+ years of marriage and a good family... I simply tell her these things.

I trust her, and hope I don't get burned. 5 years with someone? Done it. Still remember the way she smells. But the newer girl offers far more. 5 years out of my personal 30? I've probably had a longer lasting relationship with different computers and games than I have with some women. In fact, I know I have, I still frequent these forums.

Just get out of your own way and let life bloody your nose. When you realize you aren't mad of glass and can take a punch, from anything, you just walk through life a bit more confident. The rest falls into place with the changing of the seasons.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2017 07:49pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Mar 2 2017 08:57pm)
Fair enough.

It's an opinion of course, but I do believe a little bit differently. As we grow and explore, we may desire different things and different people.

However, I think it is rare to find somebody with who you truly connect to. Some people you meet come with effortless good conversations, where others you can probe and attempt anything with but the conversation will never really ever be able to take off.

I think there are several people with whom you can have really good chemistry with. However, it gets hard to give up memories and time spent together which makes us cling to the idea of "the one". Even outside of romantic relationships that exists. I've worked with people for years and never have been able to have a super good conversation with them (and yes, I do have some social skills), and I've also met people and bonded with them for 30 minutes and had conversations that were a 100 times more interesting. I think everyone has experienced that.

yeah i buy that, and agree with that man. All i can say is when you know, you know.

Trust that gut instinct above all else. And no second guessing.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll