d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Logan > Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,720.48
Mar 13 2017 03:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 13 2017 03:16pm)
Why do people keep bringing this up.... It is in no way at all relevant to the movie Logan.

In the Logan timeline, no new mutants have been born for x amount of time. In ALL of the previous movies, it follows the normal timeline of mutants being continuously born and the continuing battle between them and their enemies. Eventually leading to battles with Apocalypse and Onslaught that nearly see the destruction of mankind and it's salvation by mutants, eventually bringing peace between humans and mutants. In this timeline, no mutants are born and the endless supply of sentinels and the few mutants helping them track down the remaining mutants (who of course are also disposed of once all the others are dead), lead to the extinction of mutants worldwide. There are only a few survivors, and this story takes place during that period, when only a very few mutants are left alive. Different timelines, different story, stop confusing the two. Got damn.

Hate you all.

You're the one that's actually confusing things.

Logan's timeline is a direct sequel to the epilogue in days of future past and x-men apocalypse farther into the future. As confirmed by the director.
Meaning the sentinels never happened. Their mass extinction event is completely different according to the movie.
This is one potential outcome if things don't change with the current movies (apocalypse and deadpool)

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Mar 13 2017 03:14pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2017 03:17pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Mar 13 2017 02:12pm)
You're the one that's actually confusing things.

Logan's timeline is a direct sequel to the epilogue in days of future past and x-men apocalypse far into the future. As confirmed by the director.
Meaning the sentinels never happened. Their mass extinction event is completely different according to the movie.
This is one potential outcome if things don't change with the current movies (apocalypse and deadpool)

:bonk:

Days of Future Past + Apocalypse = The Last Stand, the movie everyone keeps wrongly referencing.

Good job not actually reading the thread bud.
Gold: 22,720.48
Mar 13 2017 03:18pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 13 2017 04:17pm)
:bonk:

Days of Future Past + Apocalypse = The Last Stand, the movie everyone keeps wrongly referencing.

Good job not actually reading the thread bud.

I read the thread fine, I was correcting you where you were wrong.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2017 03:20pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Mar 13 2017 02:18pm)
I read the thread fine, I was correcting you where you were wrong.

Except I wasn't?

It is a different timeline than that abomination of a film, which is what I said. What are you missing here?

How they were eradicated is entirely up for speculation as it's never discussed btw (I went with sentinels as that's the only logical explanation or it could have been a virus I suppose. I prefer a bloody confrontational death to that though). So please, by all means, keep telling me what I was wrong about.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 13 2017 03:44pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 14 2017 12:24am
It's a comic book movie, get the fuck over the timeline it doesn't matter.
Gold: 0.69
Mar 22 2017 08:11pm
Turned out to be a good movie in my opinion
Gold: 10,025.00
Mar 23 2017 03:23am
So decided to post this because there seems to be a lot of confusion about what happened in this movie and the timeline.

We are given multiple little bits of information that when put all together they tell a pretty big story of what happened to the mutants/xmen universe. We know as Charles aged that he got some sort of degenerative brain disease hence the uncontrolled release of his powers when he is off his meds. The movie makes it really obvious that he did something aweful the first time this happened but it is pretty easy to miss what that was. Throughout the movie you hear short segments of news broadcasts that talk about the incident. It quickly mentions how around 600 people killed including the xmen, Logan never wants to talk about it because he doesnt want to remember how all his friends were killed by the man he now cares for. I also think he wants Charles to forget as wwell to ease his suffering about the incident.

We later meet the son of striker and pierce introduces him as the man who erraticated mutant kind. I assume that after the incident with Charles the governments of the world decided that mutants were too big of a threat to be allowed to live freely, and without the xmen/charles around to fight for mutant rights there were basically death squads created to hunt and kill mutants. They also say to Caliban that he used to work for them, so we can also assume that he is a big reason why most mutants have been killed off and his guilt over that is the big reason he agreed to help Logan.

Basicaly the movie timeline pre-Logan doesn't matter because all of the important events relating to Logan happened after all the other movies, so they put in little pieces of information for the audience to be able to decipher why the world is in the state it is in currently.
Gold: 10.00
Mar 23 2017 04:46am
apocalypse noob
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll