d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Let's Talk About "fake News"
Prev123436Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2017 12:51am
it's true
Gold: 3,047.00
Mar 1 2017 04:26am
so are you going to be bitter and angry in your echo chamber for 8 years?

Gold: 49,142.00
Mar 1 2017 07:54am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Feb 28 2017 07:06pm)
Today I had endure yet another sickening "news" cycle.

Kellyanne disrespectfully kneeling on the couch.

Trump "suggesting" Jews are responsible for anti-semitic attacks.

These didn't happen. Editorialized news headlines and articles make people believe that both of these things happened, but neither of these things happened.

I'm getting really fucking pissed off at "the left" (who aren't really the left) trying to shove these false narratives down my fucking throat.

Yes it's fake news, yes it empowers Trump supporters because they know it's fake news, no it doesn't magically change reality and somehow make the Trump administration less powerful, It makes him and his supporters more fucking powerful because it's blatantly obvious that the news is, indeed, fucking fake.

I wish they would stop.

What other examples do you folks have from this week?

You forgot to mention milo is a pedo and pewdiepie is a facist lol

A lot of people do believe them, thats why everyone is so divided
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 1 2017 08:19am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Mar 1 2017 06:54am)
You forgot to mention milo is a pedo and pewdiepie is a facist lol

A lot of people do believe them, thats why everyone is so divided

those two specific examples are of edge for pay attention whores

facts are facts but when you dedicate your life to crossing lines for attention and money don't cry about the same sensationalistic media destroying what they helped to create
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 1 2017 08:35am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Feb 28 2017 09:06pm)
Today I had endure yet another sickening "news" cycle.

Kellyanne disrespectfully kneeling on the couch.

Trump "suggesting" Jews are responsible for anti-semitic attacks.

These didn't happen. Editorialized news headlines and articles make people believe that both of these things happened, but neither of these things happened.

I'm getting really fucking pissed off at "the left" (who aren't really the left) trying to shove these false narratives down my fucking throat.

Yes it's fake news, yes it empowers Trump supporters because they know it's fake news, no it doesn't magically change reality and somehow make the Trump administration less powerful, It makes him and his supporters more fucking powerful because it's blatantly obvious that the news is, indeed, fucking fake.

I wish they would stop.

What other examples do you folks have from this week?

One problem with the media is that they are trying to hold the administration accountable for hateful/anti-Semitic acts. Trump continues to denounce them every time he's asked about it, but it's never enough for the MSM. He even commented on it again last night in his speech, but the talking heads will continue to criticize him for not denouncing it more forcefully or more often.

It's the sort of criticism that Obama faced from people on Fox News because he didn't talk about the black family enough, or corrosive parts of black culture, or shootings in Chicago. The president doesn't need to spout off anytime something bad happens in America.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 1 2017 08:39am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 1 2017 07:35am)
One problem with the media is that they are trying to hold the administration accountable for hateful/anti-Semitic acts. Trump continues to denounce them every time he's asked about it, but it's never enough for the MSM. He even commented on it again last night in his speech, but the talking heads will continue to criticize him for not denouncing it more forcefully or more often.

It's the sort of criticism that Obama faced from people on Fox News because he didn't talk about the black family enough, or corrosive parts of black culture, or shootings in Chicago. The president doesn't need to spout off anytime something bad happens in America.

agree

He's done what he can do and it's time to move on
Gold: 10.77
Mar 1 2017 11:41am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 1 2017 07:35am)

It's ridiculous. His daughter is Jewish. His son in law is Jewish.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 1 2017 02:14pm
Quote (IceMage @ 1 Mar 2017 15:35)

i think the issue here is that he tweets and talks about attacks (real or not) by muslims all the time, but when it comes to right wing terrorism (like the mosque shooting in quebec) and anti-semitic acts, he's quiet and only speaks out against it when pressured into making a statement.

i personally don't believe that trump is an anti-semite, but i DO think he's aware that such bigots and racist are a significant part of his voter base, so he only talks about it when specifically asked...
Gold: 475.46
Mar 1 2017 03:18pm
Quote (terry @ Mar 1 2017 03:26am)
so are you going to be bitter and angry in your echo chamber for 4 years?

fixed
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 1 2017 03:18pm
Quote (fender @ 1 Mar 2017 21:14)
i think the issue here is that he tweets and talks about attacks (real or not) by muslims all the time, but when it comes to right wing terrorism (like the mosque shooting in quebec) and anti-semitic acts, he's quiet and only speaks out against it when pressured into making a statement.

i personally don't believe that trump is an anti-semite, but i DO think he's aware that such bigots and racist are a significant part of his voter base, so he only talks about it when specifically asked...

brown ppl commiting crimes is worse than white ppl commiting crimes.. And it's on the edge of becoming a witch hunt

More on topic is that the press is used to check a government anddig in stories to get the truth.

The problem is though: where is the truth when all the president does, is sprouting lies ? How can you keep him to his words when words are not to be taken serious ?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123436Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll