d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Let's Talk About "fake News"
12336Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Feb 28 2017 08:06pm
Today I had endure yet another sickening "news" cycle.

Kellyanne disrespectfully kneeling on the couch.

Trump "suggesting" Jews are responsible for anti-semitic attacks.

These didn't happen. Editorialized news headlines and articles make people believe that both of these things happened, but neither of these things happened.

I'm getting really fucking pissed off at "the left" (who aren't really the left) trying to shove these false narratives down my fucking throat.

Yes it's fake news, yes it empowers Trump supporters because they know it's fake news, no it doesn't magically change reality and somehow make the Trump administration less powerful, It makes him and his supporters more fucking powerful because it's blatantly obvious that the news is, indeed, fucking fake.

I wish they would stop.

What other examples do you folks have from this week?
Gold: 28,296.01
Feb 28 2017 08:09pm
kellyanne thing was just a world of bored perverts with the internet

like these fucks haven't got in a weird position to take one of their 800 daily selfies for social media
Gold: 30,884.00
Feb 28 2017 08:11pm
fake news should be a crime.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 28 2017 08:24pm
next they'll go after fake titties

where does it end?
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2017 08:34pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 1 Mar 2017 02:06)

These didn't happen. Editorialized news headlines and articles make people believe that both of these things happened, but neither of these things happened.

I'm getting really fucking pissed off at "the left" (who aren't really the left) trying to shove these false narratives down my fucking throat.

Yes it's fake news, yes it empowers Trump supporters because they know it's fake news, no it doesn't magically change reality and somehow make the Trump administration less powerful, It makes him and his supporters more fucking powerful because it's blatantly obvious that the news is, indeed, fucking fake.

I wish they would stop.

The right is just as guilty.
Gold: 28,296.01
Feb 28 2017 08:43pm
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 28 2017 07:34pm)

If that were Michelle on the couch the vile shit coming out of the opinion pieces at fox news would be an embarrassment
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2017 08:53pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 1 Mar 2017 02:43)
If that were Michelle on the couch the vile shit coming out of the opinion pieces at fox news would be an embarrassment

Well exactly.

Honestly the whole fake news thing is just another example of the right's favourite argument 'I know you are but what am I?'. The left started the fake news conversation and now it's the right's main criticism of the left.
Trump won a campaign on it. Trump's a liar and a fraud? Crooked Hillary.

There was another example the other day as well but I forget what it was...

Honestly... when this is the state of political discourse there's not much I can think of that will change things short of something cataclysmic... or just time. When the democrats regain power we may be able to have a proper discussion again.
Gold: 6,351.00
Feb 28 2017 09:49pm
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 28 2017 07:34pm)

The right doesn't have the MSM as it's mouth piece.

My personal favorites are the Russia & Trump collusion. Time after time I read these articles hoping to see actual names of sources instead of "anonymous intelligence officials"

The one guy Steel, the ex MI-6 guy that spawned alot of these allegiations is suddenly no where to be found to be cross examined.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 28 2017 09:59pm
Gold: 540.00
Feb 28 2017 09:53pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Feb 28 2017 10:06pm)

I wish they would stop.

I think he meant democrats
Gold: 57.00
Feb 28 2017 09:57pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 28 Feb 2017 22:06)

I wish they would stop.

i hope they keep it up for 10 years. hell make it 1000

e: Tapper and (c)nn ran with some "Pres Trump is open to negotiations on softening his immigration stance" yet again at the 11th hour today before the speech :lol:

This post was edited by excellence on Feb 28 2017 10:03pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12336Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll