d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Finance Sub Forum
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,932.12
Feb 26 2017 05:54pm
--> Investing - Stocks, bonds, options, leveraging etc...
--> Borrowing - Mortgages, lines of credit, creditcards, debt consolidation
--> Saving - nvm lets take on some more debt

There seem to be some people on jsp with investment knowledge and acumen as well as many people with a wealth of real life experience.

Of course, d2jsp isn't the place you would think to look for a stock tip or for financial advice. But I wouldn't be surprised to find very good life advice here either*1... In fact I would probably put more faith into the advice of a reputable person on this site with good life experience than a commission driven financial adviser at my local bank.

*1amidst some sarcastic trolling of course. Anybody with sense can tell the difference.
Gold: 18,998.04
Feb 27 2017 12:46am
yes :drool:
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 27 2017 02:17am
Would vote no if there was a poll to do so. There are so many other places to discuss this kind of thing.
You even said it yourself, d2jsp is not the place to get stock tips or for financial advice.
Gold: 26,932.12
Feb 27 2017 03:19am
Quote (Phyerox @ Feb 27 2017 12:17am)
Would vote no if there was a poll to do so. There are so many other places to discuss this kind of thing.
You even said it yourself, d2jsp is not the place to get stock tips or for financial advice.

I think you're missing the point - but that's okay.

JSP is unique in that it gives us ways to evaluate the merit of eachother in a forum we're well established and vested in.

Rather than joining a different board, that conversation could take place here and I'm sure a lot of useful knowledge would get shared.

I've seen several threads on mortgages and home ownership that seem to get an explosion of activity but there is no official place for that dialogue.

*shrug* I'm not looking to champion this at all, just figured it would be a good idea.

My point, which you missed, is just because you wouldn't expect to find it on jsp, doesn't mean that wouldn't be a good place to find it. And conversely, you would expect good advice from a financial adviser at your local bank - however they want to sink you into fund with average performance and high fees because they are motivated by commission. They don't have a fiduciary responsibility.... Neither does a member on JSP, but if he/she is a respected established member, and seems to be offering sound advice and giving you new ideas to research, hmm wouldn't that be something.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 5,568.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 27 2017 07:17am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll