d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need A Website > With User Account Functionality
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,201.69
Feb 25 2017 09:19pm
I am in charge of organising and planning a conference for around 300-400 people. We need to have a website up and running that attendees can visit for up-to-date information and schedules.
I have tried using Squarespace, I really like the ease of modifying the website. However it doesn't have everything I need.

I need a website service like Squarespace that allows users (attendees) to create user accounts. They will be attaching information to their user account with things like:
- Name
- Resume
- Dietary Restriction
etc.

There user account shouldn't be publicly viewable, but should put the information of the user account into a database that I can access. That way I can make name tags, forward their resumes, etc.

Anyone know of a website building service that would allow me to do this?
Gold: 0.00
Feb 26 2017 10:21am
my business has hosting with inmotionhosting.com
they have some build in applications that you can install for your website
such as; forums, helpdesk, eCommerce solutions, etc (apps are provided for free too i believe)

if your businses charges people to submit their resumes, you can easily grab a ecommerce website and modify what you need. I also remember seeing an ecommerce closer to the IT field with attachments submissions on orders too

but if you're looking for something out of eCommerce, and know a little bit about web design/scripting, you can easily grab one of their forums/helpdesk/support forums and easily modify the infos of your requirement and have them be sent to you

a lot of build in apps have their own control panel, so you ca easily navigate thru them all or have all submissions sent to you via email

---

for my business, we use exchange mail to share the up to date info with all of our employees too
you can use google if you prefer to not pay

This post was edited by AlvinHu on Feb 26 2017 10:24am
Gold: 11.01
Feb 28 2017 08:39am
You could do this with a CMS like Wordpress, Drupal, or even something like CraftCMS fairly easily.

For someone who isn't a developer I'd choose Wordpress. It's very easy to set up/make look decent and you can use a variety of plugins easily.

It's not hard to create this from scratch, but devs are going to charge a LOT of money for something that you could do simply with Wordpress (and most likely they'd use it too for a simple site like this).

For example if you were asking me to do this for you I'd be asking for $800-900 most likely since it would take a day or two.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2017 06:36am
nice thread

This post was edited by kirasmart on Mar 11 2017 06:37am
Gold: 20.00
Mar 12 2017 04:21pm
its ironic i created this on php last semester. i already got all the code files sql etc.

Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll