d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > Best Ffxiv Sever To Start > Need Help
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 869.62
Feb 25 2017 02:49pm
I have decided to get into FFXIV and am looking to see which american servers are good for a new player
Gold: 8.00
Feb 25 2017 08:10pm
I currently play on Gilgamesh. A lot of new player friendly FCs(Guilds), and folks seems fairly helpful (the Mentor system helps). Though it can be difficult to get a new character created due to the high pop. Typically character creation opens up late at night/ early morning; they restrict it when the server is near it's limit. Gilgamesh does often have a queue, but you wait about 20 seconds most of the time. Never seen a queue last longer than 5 minutes. However, that high pop ensures a healthy auction house, and a lot of people to play with :).

Hope you enjoy your time on it, FFXIV is quite good. Very reminiscent to vanilla and early WoW expansions IMO.

This post was edited by KelgraLoc on Feb 25 2017 08:11pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 26 2017 11:15am
low pop server-avoid personal experience

mid-high pop ur best bet basically up to you what you prefer/goals are

majority of people are friendly, just give a heads up if you're new and will often walk away with some tips

any server choice the duty finder for your dungeons/trials/raids are across all servers that will be on ur list (normally like 12 or so)

but getting a static group for raids etc (all on ur server) obviously more difficult on smaller servers

went from low-mid pop (no wait times to make characters) and am loving it

so ill recommend faerie if you dont want a high pop server, mid pop is very comfortable for me
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll