d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > Chris Coaching
1235Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,113.60
Feb 19 2017 09:17pm
I didn't know your in game name, so I was unable to comment on runes/masteries. I also am going to refrain from posting anything relative to skill(hitting/missing skill shots, getting/missing cs/etc) as I could care less about those things when coaching.

One thing I noticed right away was that you do not keep track of enemy timers(flash, tp, etc) These are EXTREMELY important. When warding early, you need to ward the opposite side the jungle starts on. For example if the enemy bot lane leashes blue(like this game) you know that around the 3 minute mark, their jungle will be in their top side jungle. That means you need to ward on the top side of the lane. Please buy pink wards. You bought one early and never once after that. If you are not buying at least 4 or 5 pink wards per game, you are not contributing enough vision for your team.

1:50-2:30 you take several bounces from the MF q. Stand off to the side of waves so that her q cannot bounce of a minion onto you.

4:20 your mid laner has recalled. Immediately shove the lane and go place those 2 wards that have been sitting your inventory all game into the enemy jungle. You've seen their jungle top at this point so you know that when he recalls he will go to bottom side jungle. Place your wards in the bottom side of his jungle and play towards that side of the map.

6:10 Lee comes to gank, you should have pinged him back. I know you got the kill but you had to waste 2 flashes and ignite to barely secure it without dying. You didn't have the mana to follow up on that gank. If the enemy jungle showed(you had NO vision because you still haven't warded) you were both dead. That was high risk low reward, avoid that.

9:25: at this point you should go back and shop with your 1300 gold instead of staying for two more waves. 1300 gold is way too much to sit on when you have a free back in the early game. You stayed and ended up dying(even if you didn't die you -always- take the free back when you can spend that much gold) It's hard to find free backs early in the game where you don't miss out on gold/experience. Also that death doesn't happen if you play to the bot side of your lane where you had a vision ward.

11:07: try to get better wards. All of your wards are directly in the brush next to mid lane. By the time you have vision of a gank coming from there, you rarely have time to even avoid it. Try warding near the ramps by the raptor camp and the middle brush in the bot side river.

12:11 Never finish zhonya's as a first item(rare exception is possibly against zed). Seeker's first item is just fine, but you need to go morello after that. You can finish zhonya's as item 2-4 depending upon the game.

13:18 You get a good roam off and kill two bottom. At this pointyou already have someone else covering your mid lane. You need to stay bottom and help the jhin shove for the first turret. Going mid does nothing for you. That's a free 1500 gold that you left sitting on the map that your team could have had.

14:52 This is a prime example of playing for kills instead of playing to not die. You zhonya'd with 100 hp, morg and mf both had 100 hp. You could have just ulted away, instead you ulted into them. Make the play that means staying alive.

16:10 You went to a fight that was already lost near dragon. If you had just shoved in mid you had free first turret gold solo. Instead the enemy team gets it top. Stop fighting unless you're fighting over an objective. Think of it like this: Why are you fighting? If the answer is "just to fight" then you shouldn't be doing it. You should only be fighting over actual objectives.

18:30 You get a kill on MF and have exactly 300 hp and 70 mana. Why are you dashing forward with no vision behind you? You didn't have vision on the enemy jungle. What happens if they appear behind you after you use your last ult charge forward? Get the kill and get out.

20:30 You spend way too much time out of lanes. You walked back and forth between your jungle, the river, and their jungle. They out-rotated and took 2 turrets mid for free. All you had to do was sit mid and clear the wave and both of your turrets would have been alive still.

22:05 You walk mid to their tier 2 turret and die to jax. You have no ult up. You have no vision past river. You cannot walk up like that. If you dont have vision of an area, do not walk into it.

23:40 Your entire team is tunneling on two people mid. A higher elo jax would have just taken your top inhibitor. You can't let waves push all the way to your base like that uncontested. Shove them out.

26:50 You die and have 2000 gold. You buy a needless large rod. Why? You haven't hit tab to see what the enemy team is building. How do you know what you want? You might need a void staff if they have a lot of MR. Make sure you are constantly hitting tab to see what the enemy team has.

I try to focus on early-mid game in these types of games, so the last 10 or so minutes I mostly just focused on things overall that you didn't do(buy pink wards, build paths, etc) as opposed to watching the rest of the game.
Gold: 189.20
Feb 19 2017 09:18pm
damn chris got lucky

really nice of u to do this sapphire
Gold: 5,113.60
Feb 19 2017 09:21pm
It would generally be a lot more in depth, but I have to minimize every time I type so I miss half the things that happen in the game. If I were watching something that wasn't a stream I could just pause and continue where I left off.

This post was edited by SaphirexX on Feb 19 2017 09:21pm
Gold: 1.69
Feb 19 2017 09:27pm
NOOO i refreshed my page with all my responses, god damnit.
Gold: 29,321.34
Feb 19 2017 09:27pm
Quote (SaphirexX @ Feb 19 2017 08:21pm)
It would generally be a lot more in depth, but I have to minimize every time I type so I miss half the things that happen in the game. If I were watching something that wasn't a stream I could just pause and continue where I left off.

i actually feel like i learned a bit from this as well, thanks for posting it
Gold: 25.20
Feb 19 2017 09:33pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Feb 19 2017 09:27pm)

The only response you needed was "Thanks"
Gold: 2,353.35
Quote (LL0RT @ Feb 19 2017 08:27pm)

just watch one of LS's coachign sessions on youtube.

they are actually very insiteful and he thinks about alot of things i never keep in my mind

the one where he coaches boxbox is pretty good
Gold: 25.20
Quote (LL0RT @ Feb 19 2017 09:27pm)

LS goes through most of what Sapphire just said

https://www.youtube.com/user/lastshadow9

Watch his coaching videos

This post was edited by FroggyG on Feb 19 2017 09:33pm
Gold: 371.38
Feb 19 2017 09:34pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Feb 19 2017 07:27pm)

dont waste time with excuses
take the criticism & try to improve
Gold: 11,376.21
Feb 19 2017 09:34pm
thank you for this. Some content in there I don't think of
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll