d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Blizzard Or Orb Sorc For Mf > Eu Classic
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,256.00
Feb 19 2017 10:34am
Guys i was wondering what's better for mf Andy-meph-Dia

Orb sorc or Blizzard sorc and do you mind explaining why and post a build thanks alot in advance!
Gold: 2,186.00
Feb 19 2017 12:37pm
Quote (larsie23 @ Feb 19 2017 06:34pm)
Guys i was wondering what's better for mf Andy-meph-Dia

Orb sorc or Blizzard sorc and do you mind explaining why and post a build thanks alot in advance!

In hell? Bliz. Orb pwns everything in norm/nm, but is getting kinda weaker in hell, even fully synergized and with maxed cm. There's no need to save spnts either as there's no effective dual-tree sorc build in classic (maybe orb/cb being the closest one) and you can pot instead of putting 20 spnts into tele. You can easily farm glitched andy/duri/meph in hell with both, but bliz is faster. Just static them down and finish with your orb/bliz (or use moat trick with meph). Forget about soloing in hell cs with your cold sorc.

Build? Put 1 spnt into static, 1 into telekinesis/tele and 1 into firewall/fm if you absolutely have to kill some ci-s (which you actually don't). Rest into bliz and it's synergies. Some suggest putting 1 spnt into warmth as well but i can't see any point of this. Gear? You don't seem to be wealthy enough for gosu rares, so try to get iratha, twitch, spectral shard, the ward, 2 10fcr rings and some decent rare boots - costs you next to nothing as the ladder is on it's half and bots have been working hard. No rocket science here.
Gold: 1,490.00
Feb 20 2017 12:54pm
Quote (Chos3n @ 19 Feb 2017 20:37)
In hell? Bliz. Orb pwns everything in norm/nm, but is getting kinda weaker in hell, even fully synergized and with maxed cm. There's no need to save spnts either as there's no effective dual-tree sorc build in classic (maybe orb/cb being the closest one) and you can pot instead of putting 20 spnts into tele. You can easily farm glitched andy/duri/meph in hell with both, but bliz is faster. Just static them down and finish with your orb/bliz (or use moat trick with meph). Forget about soloing in hell cs with your cold sorc.

Build? Put 1 spnt into static, 1 into telekinesis/tele and 1 into firewall/fm if you absolutely have to kill some ci-s (which you actually don't). Rest into bliz and it's synergies. Some suggest putting 1 spnt into warmth as well but i can't see any point of this. Gear? You don't seem to be wealthy enough for gosu rares, so try to get iratha, twitch, spectral shard, the ward, 2 10fcr rings and some decent rare boots - costs you next to nothing as the ladder is on it's half and bots have been working hard. No rocket science here.

Warmth is nice for some mana regeneration. So IMO a must for any sorc.

I dont think as Blizz sorc you should put skills ik fwall and fmastery. As u say, u wont need it. It costs already a lot of skills to max blizz and all synergies.

But as this guy said.. blizz is better than orb.
Only good thing orb has is that you can add a second element (but you wont need it since sorceress doesnt do cs alone)
Gold: 2,186.00
Feb 20 2017 08:59pm
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Feb 20 2017 08:54pm)
Warmth is nice for some mana regeneration. So IMO a must for any sorc.

Sry, i'm not agree here.

Let's make an example. My hell cs pure cold (bliz ofc) soso uses the most common and cheapest crap (like iratha set, shard etc) and has 305 mana.

Without warmth she recovers mana at the rate 25 * [ [256 * 305 / 3000] * (100 + 0) / 100] / 256 = 25 * 26 / 256 = ~2,54 mps

With 1 spt in warmth she would recover mana at the rate 25 * [ [256 * 305 / 3000] * (100 + 30) / 100] / 256 = 25 * 33 / 256 = ~3,22 mps

Does it really make any difference in game? Imo not. You have to wait for 17/14 secs (without 1 spt in warmth/with it) to have enough mana for lvl 20 bliz or 10/8 secs for lvl 1 tele for example - way too much to rely on mana regen only. You just pot.

It's different if you have high max mana and/or other mana regen stuff (like mages). But for an "average" soso 1 spt in warmth makes a really tiny difference. Way too tiny to waste a spt imo. :)
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll