d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump's Failed Presidency
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Feb 14 2017 05:39pm
I wish John McCain was president.
Gold: 542.20
Feb 14 2017 05:44pm
Quote (Ryoto @ Feb 14 2017 10:00pm)
what is this faggotry? learn to keep your retarded fanfics about Trump to yourself, ffs.

Quote (excellence @ Feb 14 2017 11:25pm)
yeah President Trump is real scared of an angry little mid-30s drone between cycles

:rofl:

Gold: 24.06
Feb 14 2017 05:47pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 14 2017 04:32pm)
I've never witnessed a President not win so much

I feel bad for all the kids that have to grow up never seeing their President win

the poor children

Obama?
Gold: 2.70
Feb 14 2017 05:52pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 14 2017 11:32pm)
I've never witnessed a President not win so much

I feel bad for all the kids that have to grow up never seeing their President win

the poor children

you whine too much
Feb 14 2017 05:55pm
Quote (Warlock316 @ Feb 14 2017 11:52pm)
you whine too much

They haven't stopped since election day...
Gold: 32,161.71
Feb 14 2017 05:56pm
The thing I truly don't understand is that his policy decisions thus far are beneficial to the higher socioeconomic classes yet some of his strongest loyalists are low and mid socioeconomic. Are fear and the need to follow the alpha that powerful?

Feb 14 2017 05:59pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 14 2017 11:56pm)
The thing I truly don't understand is that his policy decisions thus far are beneficial to the higher socioeconomic classes yet some of his strongest loyalists are low and mid socioeconomic. Are fear and the need to follow the alpha that powerful?

?

could u elaborate a little more on this?

which policies?

thanks
Gold: 10.77
Feb 14 2017 06:20pm
Thank you for being the only person in this thread who has attempted to answer me. I really do appreciate it, even if I disagree with many of your opinions.

All of those are certainly action items that have a lot of weight with Republican voters. But do you think those are the core issues that got him elected, or do you think the list I originally posted is what got people out to the polls? And do you think, come 2020, there will be backlash for not addressing the campaign promises I highlighted in favor of simply signing executive orders that literally any Republican president could have signed? Other than the TPP withdrawal, I'm pretty sure any GOP candidate would have signed off on everything else Trump has, which takes away the "unique" flavor that lead to his narrow victories in the rust belt, and gains with minority voters and cross-aisle voters across the country.

Quote (IgoSoHard @ Feb 13 2017 09:08am)
& the liberal tears continue to flow, I love it.

Trumps already delivered on more campaign promises in a few weeks, via executive orders, than Obama did in 8 years.

•Three orders establishing three Department of Justice task forces to fight drug cartels, reduce violent crime and reduce attacks against police.

• An order directing the Treasury secretary to review the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial regulatory law.

• A memorandum instructing the Labor Department to delay implementing an Obama rule requiring financial professionals who are giving advice on retirement, and who charge commissions, to put their client's interests first.

• An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others.

• A memorandum to restructure the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.
A memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to draw up a plan within 30 days to defeat ISIS.

• An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

• An executive order imposing a 120-day suspension of the refugee program and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. from citizens of seven terror hot spots: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.

• Two multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.

• A memorandum calling for a 30-day review of military readiness.

• Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.

• An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.

• A notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal.

• An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.

• An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”

& it's only been 23 days.

I understand liberals are going to find reasons to cry regardless of if he's doing a good job or not, which is fine, I get, your party is i shambles, you need to lash out, riot, etc

...but it's been 23 days for goodness sake

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Feb 14 2017 06:21pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 14 2017 06:29pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Feb 14 2017 05:59pm)
?

could u elaborate a little more on this?

which policies?

thanks

:rofl:
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2017 06:29pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Feb 14 2017 07:20pm)
Thank you for being the only person in this thread who has attempted to answer me. I really do appreciate it, even if I disagree with many of your opinions.

All of those are certainly action items that have a lot of weight with Republican voters. But do you think those are the core issues that got him elected, or do you think the list I originally posted is what got people out to the polls? And do you think, come 2020, there will be backlash for not addressing the campaign promises I highlighted in favor of simply signing executive orders that literally any Republican president could have signed? Other than the TPP withdrawal, I'm pretty sure any GOP candidate would have signed off on everything else Trump has, which takes away the "unique" flavor that lead to his narrow victories in the rust belt, and gains with minority voters and cross-aisle voters across the country.

Judging you by this post did you even watch the GOP debates? Seriously The Rust belt always decides elections and it will for the next one
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll