d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Sean Spicer Live
Prev14567826Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2017 03:25pm
Quote (JEB90 @ 14 Feb 2017 21:24)
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I'd be surprised if we don't get extremists on both sides.

Mmm... especially after Trump's win. Extremist views and constant bullshitting may well be a viable campaign tactic.
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 14 2017 03:26pm
Quote (JEB90 @ Feb 14 2017 03:24pm)
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. I'd be surprised if we don't get extremists on both sides.

most likely. but dont forget we had o'malley and kasich this cycle. they just didnt stand a snowballs chance...

In related news:

Spicer also revealed that in addition to Flynn misleading the vice president about what was discussed in his phone call with a Russian official, there were “a serious number of other questionable instances” from Flynn’s historically short tenure.

so i guess these all happened between when conway said he had full confidence and when the story broke?

Quote (Scaly @ Feb 14 2017 03:25pm)
Mmm... especially after Trump's win. Extremist views and constant bullshitting may well be a viable campaign tactic.

idk man, would brexit pass on a revote after brexit? maybe.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Feb 14 2017 03:27pm
Gold: 500.40
Feb 14 2017 03:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 14 2017 03:26pm)
most likely. but dont forget we had o'malley and kasich this cycle. they just didnt stand a snowballs chance...

If you are talking about primaries, sure--they'll run. But...yeah...chances of success? Hmmm... Take a look at my post in the terrorism thread for my thoughts on that. (I love being self-referential--meta JEB! ...I feel an urge to break out an op cit. B) )

Feb 14 2017 03:36pm
Quote (JEB90 @ Feb 14 2017 03:31pm)
If you are talking about primaries, sure--they'll run. But...yeah...chances of success? Hmmm... Take a look at my post in the terrorism thread for my thoughts on that. (I love being self-referential--meta JEB! ...I feel an urge to break out an op cit. B) )

I may migrate over there. i guess success is a bit of a different story. I think personally the it will force moderates to create/bolster new parties eventually with more independent candidates in House/Senate seeing success. Or more traditionally dem/gop politicians leaving the party like Bill Weld did to join smaller parties and give them more legitimacy. I think realistically that the extremists will control the game for a bit longer, 1-2 presidencies, then we'll see a return to a moderate POTUS just to stop all of the fighting. That of course could change based on a lot of economic and foreign war factors that you identify in your post over there. However i do think that economics will begin to overshadow the terrorism concerns unless Trump really does a bang up job of smoke screening. His base isn't going to give him 8 years to provide long term solutions for the coal industry or provide insurance better than Obamacare. How long before coal workers begin to question "what do we do when he's gone and a single EO wipes out our industry"?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Feb 14 2017 03:36pm
Feb 14 2017 03:40pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Feb 2017 21:26)
idk man, would brexit pass on a revote after brexit? maybe.

I have no idea. Rationality and reason seem to have flown out of the window. The original vote was very close. I think the number of people who have changed their mind since would be great enough to swing it but... idk. Idk anything after last year lol.

Plus even when these people are proven wrong over and over they just double down on their stupidity. I still see people saying 'Trumnp's telling it like it is' and 'The EU controls our laws'.
Feb 14 2017 03:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 14 2017 03:36pm)
I may migrate over there. i guess success is a bit of a different story. I think personally the it will force moderates to create new parties eventually with more independent candidates in House/Senate seeing success. Or more traditionally dem/gop politicians leaving the party like Bill Weld did to join smaller parties and give them more legitimacy. I think realistically that the extremists will control the game for a bit longer, 1-2 presidencies, then we'll see a return to a moderate POTUS just to stop all of the fighting. That of course could change based on a lot of economic and foreign war factors that you identify in your post over there. However i do think that economics will begin to overshadow the terrorism concerns unless Trump really does a bang up job of smoke screening. His base isn't going to give him 8 years to provide long term solutions for the coal industry or provide insurance better than Obamacare. How long before coal workers begin to question "what do we do when he's gone and a single EO wipes out our industry"?

The wildcard there is how well he remains flexible with the fear mongering. If they are flexible and adept enough to adapt to setbacks he might pull it off. Coal jobs not coming back? Blame the eco-freaks, the bureaucrats, and lefties. No manufacturing return? Appeasers in the US not letting him do what he wants. We have to root them out! etc. Can people see through this? Sure. Will they? Well...recent evidence..

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

--HL Mencken
Feb 14 2017 03:45pm
Quote (JEB90 @ Feb 14 2017 03:41pm)
The wildcard there is how well he remains flexible with the fear mongering. If they are flexible and adept enough to adapt to setbacks he might pull it off. Coal jobs not coming back? Blame the eco-freaks, the bureaucrats, and lefties. No manufacturing return? Appeasers in the US not letting him do what he wants. We have to root them out! etc. Can people see through this? Sure. Will they? Well...recent evidence..

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

--HL Mencken

i think if everyone just read animal farm again the "comrades it has come to light that Snowball is the cause of all of our woes" bullshit would get less play...
Feb 14 2017 03:48pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 14 2017 03:45pm)
i think if everyone just read animal farm again the "comrades it has come to light that Snowball is the cause of all of our woes" bullshit would get less play...

Again? Once? Of course, they'd have to get. I'm afraid those odds are NOT double plus good...
Feb 14 2017 03:50pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The uneducated masses should not be allowed a vote.
Feb 14 2017 03:55pm
Quote (Scaly @ Feb 14 2017 03:50pm)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The uneducated masses should not be allowed a vote.

Careful, I might draw that line pretty high. ;) Government of me, by me, and for me...er...the people, of course...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567826Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll