d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Recommend A Movie And Win Forum Gold!
Prev11011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
May 14 2017 09:57am
Quote (Woodstack @ May 13 2017 06:43am)
Coherence- starts kinda bleh, but its gets really good :)

Seen it, fun little flick. You should watch Primer if you haven't already.
Gold: 63,142.89
May 14 2017 11:48am
Transformers 6: Backdoor Baysplosions
May 14 2017 12:10pm
Quote (Kayeto @ May 14 2017 12:48pm)
Transformers 6: Backdoor Baysplosions

Are you a professional comedian by any chance?
Gold: 102.37
May 15 2017 04:10am
It seems like you have seen all the mainstream stuff, and since I'm from Germany I will recommend some movies which where made here. Mostly common stuff, so you might have heard of them but I take a shot:

Das Boot
Das Experiment
Christiane F. und wir Kinder vom Bahnhoofszoo
Lola Rennt
Lammbock
Bang Boom Bang
Fitzcarraldo
Aguirre der Zorn Gottes
Woyzeck
Mein liebster Feind
Nosferatu
Metropolis
Das Leben der Anderen
Der Untergang
Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei
Jenseits der Stille
Der Himmel über Berlin
Victoria
Funny Games (Austrian Movie)
Das finstere Tal (Austrian Movie)
Die Nibelungen (Both Parts)
M - Eine Stadt sucht seinen Mörder
Der müde Tod
Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse
Gold: 18,470.03
May 15 2017 04:25am
There's this little indy flick called "the avengers" you should check out.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 15 2017 05:45am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ May 15 2017 02:25am)
There's this little indy flick called "the avengers" you should check out.

Both of those movies were awful....

I mean, the first one was a top notch Disney movie for a religious family or for anyone to take their 5 to 10 year old children to (younger children would enjoy it too I'm sure, but I'm a firm believer in not taking kids to the theater until they can prove they can watch a movie at home, multiple times without ruining it. Mine turns 4 next week, guessing he'll be 6 or 7 before this happens. He has a pathetically short attention span like his father.) and I'm thinking teenagers and adults with a 10th grade reading level, might have found them enjoyable. The first was significantly better than the second. The second one was almost unwatchable, took me 5 sittings to get through the thing because of how fucking boring it was.

The acting was completely phoned in from everyone, RDJ tried less in this than he did in the smoldering piles of shit that were Iron Man 2 & 3. The writing was awful and predictable, cheap laugh attempts at every chance, back to somber the world is ending, back to cheap and lazy dialogue. The story was stupid, the villain was boring, the same fucking rehashed they can't get along because they're too different and now they do and they're the best thing is so fucking used up. Along with the superhero martyr play that NEVER happens. He either miraculously lives, gets revived, or you get the scene at the end showing you he's alive. It went from predictable to I've acctually seen this movie a dozen times in the past 3 years within the first hour of the film. Blows my mind that it was so critically acclaimed when it did nothing original or even entertaining. The moments people loved were the Michael Bay style action and the Michael Bay style comedy and it got a 9x% on RT vs his movies that get 20 - 30%, which is what they deserve. It's like maybe one of the most powerful companies in the world is buying good reviews.....

End rant. I just wish they'd at least try to make good superhero movies. We've got another couple years until they finish this series and I'm just praying Disney and whoever else is making these, realizes that going the graphic novel route, or realize that going with stories that can be concluded in 1 to 2 feature films is a better route than setting up these movies to try and sell another 20 movies with the first one made. Logan was terrific. Watchmen was terrific. I just pray they can keep coming out with one of these movies for every 5 of the generic shit summer kiddy blockbusters they're ramming down our throats.
May 17 2017 12:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 15 2017 06:45am)
Both of those movies were awful....

I mean, the first one was a top notch Disney movie for a religious family or for anyone to take their 5 to 10 year old children to (younger children would enjoy it too I'm sure, but I'm a firm believer in not taking kids to the theater until they can prove they can watch a movie at home, multiple times without ruining it. Mine turns 4 next week, guessing he'll be 6 or 7 before this happens. He has a pathetically short attention span like his father.) and I'm thinking teenagers and adults with a 10th grade reading level, might have found them enjoyable. The first was significantly better than the second. The second one was almost unwatchable, took me 5 sittings to get through the thing because of how fucking boring it was.

The acting was completely phoned in from everyone, RDJ tried less in this than he did in the smoldering piles of shit that were Iron Man 2 & 3. The writing was awful and predictable, cheap laugh attempts at every chance, back to somber the world is ending, back to cheap and lazy dialogue. The story was stupid, the villain was boring, the same fucking rehashed they can't get along because they're too different and now they do and they're the best thing is so fucking used up. Along with the superhero martyr play that NEVER happens. He either miraculously lives, gets revived, or you get the scene at the end showing you he's alive. It went from predictable to I've acctually seen this movie a dozen times in the past 3 years within the first hour of the film. Blows my mind that it was so critically acclaimed when it did nothing original or even entertaining. The moments people loved were the Michael Bay style action and the Michael Bay style comedy and it got a 9x% on RT vs his movies that get 20 - 30%, which is what they deserve. It's like maybe one of the most powerful companies in the world is buying good reviews.....

End rant. I just wish they'd at least try to make good superhero movies. We've got another couple years until they finish this series and I'm just praying Disney and whoever else is making these, realizes that going the graphic novel route, or realize that going with stories that can be concluded in 1 to 2 feature films is a better route than setting up these movies to try and sell another 20 movies with the first one made. Logan was terrific. Watchmen was terrific. I just pray they can keep coming out with one of these movies for every 5 of the generic shit summer kiddy blockbusters they're ramming down our throats.

I hate mostly everything that is superhero or marvel. Cancer to the cinema industry.

Edit : I lied tho, I enjoyed Iron Man.

This post was edited by Zake on May 17 2017 12:13pm
Gold: 30,000.00
May 19 2017 08:13pm
Primal Fear
Gold: 1,380.00
May 19 2017 08:57pm
The Happening
The Arrival
Interstellar
Gold: 0.70
May 19 2017 09:40pm