d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > College Vs Police Investigations
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 5 2017 10:01am
Given the extreme liberal nature of most college campuses it's no surprise that feminism has moved colleges in the direction of gender based discrimination where you get punished for having a penis whether you're accused of rape or even if you got raped :o

The police on the other hand (much to the chagrin of our resident feminists) focus on evidence and due process which means you are innocent until proven guilty - and they might even go after the person who made false rape accusations.

I could not believe that this case existed when I heard about it but it demonstrates the difference between college and police investigations and why colleges cannot be trusted to investigate these cases. Police issue an arrest warrant for the woman who made a false accusation of rape while the college's kangaroo court branded the accused man a rapist then kicked him out. Afterwards the college actually claimed the arrest warrant for the woman doesn't change anything for them until mounting public pressure forced them to change their decision.

Knowing that this is the norm across all colleges I'd say they ought to be barred from investigating these cases as they cannot be trusted and that the police should be ones investigating them to ensure that justice is served. Curious where our resident pardians stand on this issue.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/america-tonight-blog/2013/10/31/for-the-falsely-accusedmovingonfromrapistbrandingachallenge.html

Immediately after the university found him guilty, Warner, already branded a rapist on campus, began to worry about even more serious consequences with the Grand Forks Police Department. But there was hope. As it turned out, the woman had filed a complaint with the police department, but a detective concluded that she had lied. In May 2010, local police discovered that she had given different accounts to witnesses and had “sent Caleb a text message days after the party that indicated that she wanted to have intercourse with him.”

When police issued an arrest warrant for the woman, she left the school and the state of North Dakota, and never returned. America Tonight tried to find her, but did not.

With the new information, Warner thought the university would allow him back. But the university rejected a call for a new hearing, stating that Warner did not file within the required five class days after the initial sanction was announced. After that, the university rejected Warner’s appeal for a second time, stating that the police complaint and warrant against the accuser “would not be substantial new evidence,” adding that the complaint “would be an unproven allegation.”

-inb4 mouth breathers raging about misogyny in police departments and duffman supporting rapists
Gold: 2,617.52
Feb 5 2017 10:06am
Colleges have a moral hazard since they have financial and PR implications. The police should handle it imo
Gold: 28,296.69
Feb 5 2017 10:07am
Until you learn how to communicate like an adult this belongs in your spam thread
Feb 5 2017 10:08am
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 5 2017 11:07am)
Until you learn how to communicate like an adult this belongs in your spam thread

srry but i don't speak tumblr
Feb 5 2017 10:09am
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 5 2017 09:08am)
srry but i don't speak tumblr

apparently it doesn't stop you from copying and pasting from it day after day
Feb 5 2017 10:12am
Quote (Beowulf @ Feb 5 2017 11:09am)
apparently it doesn't stop you from copying and pasting from it day after day

somehow i'm not surprised that our resident fringe left nutter can't look passed his obsession with me to addressing the content of the thread, though if you were capable of that you wouldn't have become a member of my fanclub :3
Feb 5 2017 10:15am
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 5 2017 09:12am)
somehow i'm not surprised that our resident fringe left nutter can't look passed his obsession with me to addressing the content of the thread, though if you were capable of that you wouldn't have become a member of my fanclub :3

You don't approach any conversation with an open mind and your alt-right style of crying about liberals throughout your copy and pastes qualifies this as spam and belongs in your spam thread
Gold: 285.00
Feb 5 2017 10:19am
I'm pretty sure college committees rule on rape stuff non-criminally and dudes generally get a slap on the wrist for it.

40% of colleges don't even investigate rape claims: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/07/09/sexual-assault-universities-column/12382347/

Only 1 in 5 reports of rape are forwarded to the police: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/four-five-acts-campus-sexual-assault-go-unreported-police/

Now rapes themselves are being treated similar to minor crimes like cheating on a test: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/why-arent-we-taking-rape-seriously/article/2562427

I'm pretty sure you're just full of shit again Duffman :thumbsup:

Did the person in your OP ever get charged criminally? Did he go to jail? It is because they didn't take the case seriously. It is because there was no criminal investigation. It is because even if a rape did happen, colleges aren't treating them as crimes, rather like the breaking of internal rules.

The best analogy I can think of is this: The Catholic Church is to Pedophiles what American colleges are to Rapists.

I agree that colleges should be barred from investigating rapes because they are criminal and the victim ought to go to an ER, get a rape kit done for evidence, and work with local police.

"This is an internal matter" doesn't work when private organizations are harboring predators.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 5 2017 10:23am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Feb 5 2017 10:29am
Cops obviously

Any prestigious school would have a conflict of interest to downplay any rape incidents
Gold: 22,189.49
Feb 5 2017 10:58am
ACLU is pushing title IX as a way to deprive people of due process. Its put in there to protect individuals from an institution, to give recourse against institutionalized civil right violations. Instead, individuals are being punished by institutions, depriving them of due process and allowing panels with no oversight or accountability to declare people guilty of crimes that would be felonies and brand them for it, just to cover their own culpability so the buck doesn't stop with them.
Public colleges should have no ability to punish people for felony crimes for which they haven't been convicted. If colleges want to handle their own misdemeanor violations via a code of conduct thats fine, but conducting punishments outside the law is wrong.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Feb 5 2017 11:16am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll