d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Christianity > How To Become A True Christian
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic
Feb 6 2017 02:23am
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 127,000.00
Feb 6 2017 05:35am
jesus is god

jesus says if u love me , keep my commandments,

refer to the bible for more info
Feb 6 2017 06:52am
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 90.58
Feb 6 2017 08:17am
Quote (SheldorThePreacher @ Feb 5 2017 12:26pm)
The thief repented for his sins, that's the important thing Jesus
"And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss." [Luke 32:41]

and I think the bible verse you were trying to quote is: "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." [Luke 23:43]
Which was a reply to the thief whom said to Jesus "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom." [Luke 23:42]

The thief not only repented of his sin, but he also repented in front of Jesus, and this is what we have to do in our prayers, this is why Jesus teaches us how to pray, so we can ask him forgiveness for our sins, and to help us repent and life sinless lives.

Yes, I agree with you! I just think from Luke's 23:39's it's very likely that you don't have to do good "deeds" all your life to inherit the kingdom of heaven. As Jesus sent him straight to heaven right after he became saved. I believe when we truly give our heart over to Christ we are given the gift of salvation at that moment, and doing deeds/"good works" is not required to sustain eternal salvation. Does this make it okay to continue to sin? Not at all, that's why I don't really disagree with you... I just believe we are given the gift of salvation at that very moment.

Just to add:

My grandma was in the ICU for 3 days. She had COPD and her lungs started to give out. My mom and I visited her every day until her passing. The bipac machine that she had to wear was horrible as she kept trying to take it off while trying to regain consciousness because her oxygen levels wouldn't level out. (Not expelling enough CO2)

On the 2nd day we visited her in the ICU and the hospital Chaplain came in and talked to us. The ICU nurse removed the bipap mask so our grandma could atleast try to talk. My grandma was trying to regain consciousness but could barely talk, it was horrible. We were trying to explain to her that the Chaplain is here and he'd would like to give you a prayer. My grandma mumbled/said something like "Give me a prayer!".

The next day my mother and I were at her bedside, it was horrible as she kept trying to take the bipap mask off but she couldn't have it off because she wasn't expelling enough oxygen. They had to restrain her physically to get it back on. That was the 3rd day that happened and her lungs were not improving at all. My mother and I decided for the morphine drip.

I don't really know if my grandma was a Christian beforehand. She did keep a nice bible in her room, that's all I really know. We never talked about it. My mother did say she "believed in God" to the Chaplain. However, for "good works" to be required to sustain eternal salvation then that wouldn't be really fair for my grandma? I think her saying "give me a prayer!" at that current state was pretty indicative of her intentions. Kind of the same thing happening in that luke verse towards my grandma except she wasn't a thief (as far as I know!) This is also another reason why I don't believe good "works" is required.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Feb 6 2017 08:19am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2017 09:46am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Feb 6 2017 02:17pm)
As Jesus sent him straight to heaven right after he became saved..

Well he didn't send the thief straight to heaven as we have to wait until end times before any one gets to heaven, in Revelations it describes how the Lord raises all the dead to judge them before sending the sinners into the hell fire with Satan and his angels for the "second death" which is the final death for all who are not on the "Book of Life " [Rev 20:12]

If your grandma was a believer in the Lord and she lived a good life obeying God's law's then of course she will be granted the Seal of God and inherit eternal life.

I wish to write more but right now I am away from home and struggling to get just this written.

Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 6 2017 11:50am
Question: "Why does Christ's righteousness need to be imputed to us?"

Answer: In His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus uttered these words: “You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew 5:48). This comes at the end of the section of the sermon where Jesus corrects His listeners’ misunderstanding of the Law. In Matthew 5:20, Jesus says that, if His hearers want to enter into the kingdom of heaven, their righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees, who were the experts in the Law.

Then, in Matthew 5:21–48, He proceeds to radically redefine the law from mere outward conformity, which characterized the “righteousness” of the Pharisees, to an obedience of both outward and inward conformity. He says, “You have heard it said, but I say unto you” to differentiate between the way people heard the law taught from how Jesus is reinterpreting it. Obeying the law is more than simply abstaining from killing, committing adultery, and breaking oaths. It’s also not getting angry with your brother, not lusting in your heart, and not making insincere oaths. At the end of all this, we learn that we must exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees, and that comes from being perfect.

At this point, the natural response is “But I can’t be perfect,” which is absolutely true. In another place in Matthew’s Gospel, Jesus summarizes the Law of God with two commandments: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:37–40). This is certainly an admirable goal, but has anyone ever loved the Lord with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength and his neighbor as himself? Everything we do, say, and think has to be done, said, and thought from love for God and love for neighbor. If we are completely honest with ourselves, we have to admit that we have never achieved this level of spirituality.

The truth of the matter is that, on our own and by our own efforts, we can’t possibly be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect. We don’t love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. We don’t love our neighbors as ourselves. We have a problem, and it’s called sin. We are born with it, and we cannot overcome the effects of it on our own. Sin radically affects us to our core. Sin affects what we do, say, and think. In other words, it taints everything about us. Therefore, no matter how good we try to be, we will never meet God’s standard of perfection. The Bible says that all of our righteous deeds are like a “polluted garment” (Isaiah 64:6). Our own righteousness is simply not good enough and never will be, no matter how hard we try.

That’s why Jesus lived a perfect life in full obedience to the law of God in thought, word, and deed. Jesus’ mission wasn’t simply to die on the cross for our sins but also to live a life of perfect righteousness. Theologians refer to this as the “active and passive obedience of Christ.” Active obedience refers to Christ’s life of sinless perfection. Everything He did was perfect. Passive obedience refers to Christ’s submission to the crucifixion. He went willingly to the cross and allowed Himself to be crucified without resisting (Isaiah 53:7). His passive obedience pays our sin debt before God, but it is the active obedience that gives us the perfection God requires.

The apostle Paul writes, “But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe” (Romans 3:21–22). Through our faith in Christ, the righteousness of God is given to us. This is called “imputed” righteousness. To impute something is to ascribe or attribute something to someone. When we place our faith in Christ, God ascribes the perfect righteousness of Christ to our account so that we become perfect in His sight. “For our sake he made him [Jesus] to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Not only is Christ’s righteousness imputed to us through faith, but our sin is imputed to Christ. That is how Christ paid our sin debt to God. He had no sin in Himself, but our sin is imputed to Him so, as He suffers on the cross, He is suffering the just penalty that our sin deserves. That is why Paul can say, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

By having the righteousness of Christ imputed to us, we can be seen as sinless, as Jesus is sinless. It is not, therefore, our perfection, but His. When God looks at the Christian, He sees the holiness, perfection, and righteousness of Christ. Therefore, we can say with confidence, “I am sinless, as Jesus is sinless.”

Taken from https://www.gotquestions.org/imputed-righteousness.html
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 27 2017 07:09pm
I love Jesus Christ sooo much
Gold: 25.65
Feb 28 2017 01:11pm
Quote (SheldorThePreacher @ Feb 6 2017 08:46am)
Well he didn't send the thief straight to heaven as we have to wait until end times before any one gets to heaven, in Revelations it describes how the Lord raises all the dead to judge them before sending the sinners into the hell fire with Satan and his angels for the "second death" which is the final death for all who are not on the "Book of Life " [Rev 20:12]

If your grandma was a believer in the Lord and she lived a good life obeying God's law's then of course she will be granted the Seal of God and inherit eternal life.

I wish to write more but right now I am away from home and struggling to get just this written.

Can't take Revelation out of context, especially by taking bits and pieces out and take it literally. It mentions four corners of the earth "After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree." Rev 7:1 Do you still believe that there are four corners of the earth? I am not a theologian, but I think the gist of it is that if you consider why it was written the way it was, it was when oppression was at a high. It was written in a way to confuse the oppressors and help avoid persecution or that is my guess.

With that said, you are correct in that being a Christian is not that easy, but Salvation is the easiest thing in the world. If you just want Salvation, then get it, you are done by acceptance; but this is a call to discipleship. This is the hard part. And if you truly believe in the salvation, and you try to just say I'm done, ok back to drunken sex orgies, You'll often experience and quickly out that actually discipleship was for our own good. Therefore the things you mention are true in a sense that you are enslaved by what Satan wants, as you'll try to find life where there is no life and find out how empty the result will be. And you are correct, Heaven isn't a place for sinners, and thus there will be no sin when sinners go there. But you are twisting it in a perverse way which makes people think we are all radical nut jobs from Westboro Baptist Church and makes it hard for us to share and be a light.

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Feb 28 2017 01:25pm
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic