d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Username History Poll > To Get History Of All The Users' Names
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Feb 8 2017 09:54am
Bump.
Feb 10 2017 08:54am
Discuss.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 14 2017 06:27pm
i voted this up, but as i sit here thinking about it... i see the flaws as well. some people want to be hidden, that is why they got a name-change. i do see your point though, if someone is trying to prove themselves to be an old friend... you can only think there's an 80% chance he's trying to establish the base of a large scam. so i thought of an idea of how this would work both ways. if it doesn't already.

instead of publicly advertising your name-changes. change the text info of the gold logs. i'm not sure what they say for name-change currently but, if they include your previous and the name you changed it to. it would prove everything with a time-stamp and only when you wanted to show it.
Gold: 9,054.00
Feb 14 2017 08:35pm
Voted yes. Many uap scammers change their names in the hopes to be unnotoced. I can't think of a reason to not implement this feature.
Feb 14 2017 11:13pm
Quote (Joe_Spy @ Feb 14 2017 09:35pm)
Voted yes. Many uap scammers change their names in the hopes to be unnoticed. I can't think of a reason to not implement this feature.

although i see your point, especially as this is a trade site and very well a likely scenario in any case. i will give you an example though that also relates to this community. people can be just mean. someone may be harassed or embarrassed to the point of a name-change. it's very common for people to quit their normal circle of gaming due to emotions. some people may want to come with a fresh start but the same account.

just 1 example, i could try to think of others, but i'm not exactly against the idea. i'm just a bit up and down about it. it's more getting into an invasion of privacy though. this thread is kind of debating if we deserve any such privacy.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Feb 15 2017 02:13am
Voting yes
Feb 15 2017 11:24am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 15 2017 06:13am)
although i see your point, especially as this is a trade site and very well a likely scenario in any case. i will give you an example though that also relates to this community. people can be just mean. someone may be harassed or embarrassed to the point of a name-change. it's very common for people to quit their normal circle of gaming due to emotions. some people may want to come with a fresh start but the same account.

just 1 example, i could try to think of others, but i'm not exactly against the idea. i'm just a bit up and down about it. it's more getting into an invasion of privacy though. this thread is kind of debating if we deserve any such privacy.

People should never submit to bullies as this is exactly what bullies want, and they shouldn't be encouraged to evade them but learn how to deal with them properly. Which, in most cases, is simply ignoring and reporting them.

Keep voting, guys!

This post was edited by GrimMisanthrope on Feb 15 2017 11:25am
Feb 15 2017 11:47am
Quote (GrimMisanthrope @ Feb 15 2017 12:24pm)
People should never submit to bullies as this is exactly what bullies want, and they shouldn't be encouraged to evade them but learn how to deal with them properly. Which, in most cases, is simply ignoring and reporting them.

Keep voting, guys!

you say this, but not everyone would agree in a time of turmoil. people are simply different from each other. that is why we even have bullies.
again it's hard for me to down on this subject to hard, as i'm still in mix about it. still you need to be mindful of other peoples thoughts and desires. if someone wants to be left alone i don't see why we should force them into the spot-light.

i personally feel this idea as is, invades privacy too much. it's not our decision what to do with other peoples privacy in my opinion.
this is why i offered the middle ground of adding something to gold logs. it can then be proven when chose to be proven.
the users that name-change for shady trade practices... could just make another multi like most scammers do. it would prevent the old accounts from years of dodging UaP sales as mentioned by joe, but i don't think it would prevent the actual sales of the UaP items.

i can't say there is a single user on jsp that would hve an issue with this idea. all i can say is that it is definitely invading privacy. if i paid 1500fg for some privacy, i would be pissed when they nullified it.
another example is just bad names people want to forget. like maybe your first jsp name was cvmstain420, and you were trying to leave joke names aside for a more proper title.
Feb 15 2017 12:40pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 15 2017 06:47pm)
you say this, but not everyone would agree in a time of turmoil. people are simply different from each other. that is why we even have bullies.

While I agree with your point; I can't help but feel the connotation in your speech that says we haven't all been in similar situations. Which is wrong because, let's face it, all of us had to deal with a bully in a certain time frame.

Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 15 2017 06:47pm)
the users that name-change for shady trade practices... could just make another multi like most scammers do. it would prevent the old accounts from years of dodging UaP sales as mentioned by joe, but i don't think it would prevent the actual sales of the UaP items.

And risk getting locked and banned?
Regardless, people who seek peace could also, theoretically, make alt accounts too..

Lastly yes, I understand your point and I am not disproving them; on the contrary - I thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

Thanks everyone who participated in the voting so far.
Feb 17 2017 08:41am
Bump for discussion..
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll