d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Username History Poll > To Get History Of All The Users' Names
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,000.00
Feb 4 2017 08:46am
Quote (Cheetos @ 4 Feb 2017 14:26)
kind of ruins the point of a name change..
that would look awful

How would it ruin name change? Your name shows everywhere on the forums, but I doubt the history would. I bet that if this is implemented, the history would be available through your profile somewhere

Something like this

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Feb 4 2017 12:27pm
It is a very easy feature to implement as well. I hope the D2JSP staff takes it into serious consideration. :)
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 10%
Feb 4 2017 04:31pm
I voted no, because I think it would make name changes quite pointless.

I'd maybe vote yes, if it would cost like 50 fg to view an users name history.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 9,504.66
Trader: Trusted
Feb 4 2017 05:10pm
Quote (GrimMisanthrope @ 3 Feb 2017 11:04)
Three flaws with your logic:

- It assumes people are aware of this UserID thing, which is only included in the URL and laymen can easily overlook it.
- Let's take this scenario again as an example, Okopia23 changed his name to FTV. Okopia23 weren't active for long time, so his post/topic history has been removed, and suddenly came back as FTV. Now, how can we get Okopia23's UserID or verify that he is indeed FTV?! I was lucky that I came across that page, but again.. Laymen?
- Who the hell would want to keep track of UserIDs?! You tried to discard this point in your post, but I think it is still very valid (while you didn't keep == they didn't bother you enough is flawed logic).

Finally, I have no idea why you concluded my suggestion "totally pointless" when you have provided a very unpractical, ineffective alternative.

Thank you for posting your opinion.

google.com -> site: forums.d2jsp.org "oldusername" -> visit results with a post (or quote) -> click/hover username for the id.

yah.. its pretty round about way of doing it, but still works. your suggestion isn't pointless, i just don't personally have a use for it.
Feb 5 2017 10:43am
Quote (Miraculix @ Feb 4 2017 11:31pm)
I voted no, because I think it would make name changes quite pointless.

I'd maybe vote yes, if it would cost like 50 fg to view an users name history.

I disagree. Name change can serve other purposes than "anonymity".
Not sure why you would vote yes if you get charged you, though..

Quote (Markro @ Feb 5 2017 12:10am)
google.com -> site: forums.d2jsp.org "oldusername" -> visit results with a post (or quote) -> click/hover username for the id.

yah.. its pretty round about way of doing it, but still works. your suggestion isn't pointless, i just don't personally have a use for it.

Again, an (imo) impractical, ineffective approach. Also, would only work if you have someone on mind..
But I appreciate your opinion, mate. Thanks for your post.

This post was edited by GrimMisanthrope on Feb 5 2017 10:44am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2017 11:53am
Quote (GrimMisanthrope @ Feb 3 2017 10:39am)
Hello D2JSP,

Can we get a "username history" feature similar to Steam one for when a user change his D2JSP username? Because it helps scammers/BM traders in hiding their identity.

I take FTV (formerly known as Okopia23) as an example, a common multier/troll in Europe HCL: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75899737&f=100&p=513301093

Thank you.

Old topic was closed because apparently polls are mandatory and I weren't aware.

bold: doesn't hide scammer tag. if you are wanting to go around bitching at people that were simply accused of being scammers and thinking a name change makes them guilty of something then that's on you.

italic: bm trader? either they trade or they scam, making up a new category for people that hurt your feels for not trading how you like to trade is a poor reason this.

underline: and all this was figured out without this feature being necessary. you argued against yourself by saying there are already ways to figure out who the person is without the feature.

this feature has stalker written all over it and does nothing productive for anyone but stalkers.

Feb 5 2017 11:56am
Quote (Subwoofer @ Feb 5 2017 06:53pm)
bold: doesn't hide scammer tag. if you are wanting to go around bitching at people that were simply accused of being scammers and thinking a name change makes them guilty of something then that's on you.

italic: bm trader? either they trade or they scam, making up a new category for people that hurt your feels for not trading how you like to trade is a poor reason this.

underline: and all this was figured out without this feature being necessary. you argued against yourself by saying there are already ways to figure out who the person is without the feature.

this feature has stalker written all over it and does nothing productive for anyone but stalkers.

Poor usage of ad hominem. It was a mere example. Feature is still useful.
I gave another great example of how "Last Seen" is always visible even when you log in as an "anonymous", that's also stalking to you? :)

If you want to add something, add it in a civilized manner. If you just want to take out your anger in a typical teen-age angst way, please take your ragebabble elsewhere.
Thanks.

This post was edited by GrimMisanthrope on Feb 5 2017 11:59am
Gold: 1,590.64
Feb 5 2017 12:06pm
voted yes interesting new feature if implemented
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2017 12:31pm
Quote (GrimMisanthrope @ Feb 5 2017 11:56am)
Poor usage of ad hominem. It was a mere example. Feature is still useful.
I gave another great example of how "Last Seen" is always visible even when you log in as an "anonymous", that's also stalking to you? :)

If you want to add something, add it in a civilized manner. If you just want to take out your anger in a typical teen-age angst way, please take your ragebabble elsewhere.
Thanks.

angry? you're the one that starting attacking me for making counterpoints instead of addressing the counterpoints.

use a mediator and it doesn't matter who is a "bm trader" or suspected scammer.

if you believe someone is a multi there is a tool to report them as well.

this feature has nothing to do with stopping or hindering anything other than the small amount of privacy people get from a name change.

edit: i like how all of your recent post besides this are ear selling troll topics.

This post was edited by Subwoofer on Feb 5 2017 12:45pm
Feb 5 2017 12:39pm
Quote (serialj0e @ Feb 5 2017 07:06pm)
voted yes interesting new feature if implemented

Thanks for your vote!
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll