d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Hiring A Lawyer
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Feb 2 2017 02:23am
Quote (Terps @ Feb 1 2017 05:23pm)
I raised valid concerns though, considering there was 50k at stake and you yourself seemed to be participating with an advantage. Your counterargument consisted of personal attacks and ignoring the issue. In contrast, I am addressing the concerns people are raising by explaining the situation. I think I did a good job in explaining my actions, but some were still not satisfied. I do not want to profit unfairly off of this contest--or even be perceived as profiting off of this contest--even if the only thing at stake in this event is/was pride (until someone lost a 300fg side-bet, that is).

Moreover, unlike you, I am willing to listen to criticism, accept it, and learn from this feedback. I learned the lesson that some users value pride on this forum much more highly than I could have ever imagined, and I learned that I should have considered using a much more transparent voting system from the start. To help placate those who felt that the system was rigged, voting will now be 100% transparent. I understand that, to do it 100% right, I should redo the entire contest, but I just don't have the time or interest to do that, especially when the only thing at stake is pride. The contest will just have to remain imperfect for this year, and I accept any skepticism regarding this decision as inevitable at this point.

Interesting how the "guild prize freeroll" went from 10k to pride in less then a week. Lose a few bets or get greedy and change your mind? Doesn't matter to me anyways since i'm not entering.
Just thought i'd point that out. Maybe by the 3rd the winner will only have to donate you lol.
Don't say something and then back out on it/ 10k freeroll, now only pride, makes you look like you don't keep your word.
Gold: 79,366.46
Feb 2 2017 02:25am
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Feb 2 2017 03:23am)
Interesting how the "guild prize freeroll" went from 10k to pride in less then a week. Lose a few bets or get greedy and change your mind? Doesn't matter to me anyways since i'm not entering.
Just thought i'd point that out. Maybe by the 3rd the winner will only have to donate you lol.
Don't say something and then back out on it/ 10k freeroll, now only pride, makes you look like you don't keep your word.

I don't think I've ever had 10k lol. Most I had was like 7k, which was halved after the Seahawks lost to Atlanta in the playoffs back in 2012 (?)

This post was edited by Terps on Feb 2 2017 02:29am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2017 02:26am
ive had 13k and blew it on poker lmk
Gold: 100.00
Feb 2 2017 02:34am
I think the voting thing is that big of a deal. Furthermore, I think it's fair to question other factors motivating the format of this freeroll.

By making it a guild freeroll, it obviously gives a certain type a person an advantage: people who own their own guilds. Who owns guilds? people who already have lots of fg and people with friends. If you're a basement dweller, you dont have friends, and your relatives probably don't like you if/when you visit. If you don't have fg, you're probably not buying a guild. If you actually left a guild before the 24th, you miss out on the freeroll. So it's a pretty narrow group who gets to participate.

In addition, why did he ask in this thread for ideas regarding who was #1 the freeroll if he wasn't going to listen to what anyone had to suggest? Nearly everyone wanted to make a betting game freeroll of some sort. Yet, instead, he sprung this idea without even asking the users of this forum if they wanted this freeroll. So who is this freeroll really for: the users of jsp or terps? I think it's worth pointing out that terps has fg and owns a guild, so he probably already has a pretty nice guild with points already --this gives him a nice advantage. Plus he got pretty excited in post 146 over the prospect of splitting 300 between proint and himself lol. Seems like he's setting up for himself a freeroll in which he has a pretty good shot at winning a lot of fg.

I also question what Tx6 really wanted done with this big donate. He said in his pm that he wanted terps to host "a sports freeroll," yet here we are with a guild freeroll. Seems like it would make more sense to do something related to betting and sports, considering that's where this fg came from, that's what most people use this forum for, and that's what most people said they wanted in the suggestion thread. Plus it creates a freeroll with an even playing field: all you need to participate is jsp, not a guild.

Anyway, that's just my cynical outlook on this thing. Inb4 a stream of cliche counterarguments that entirely miss the point of this scrutiny.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2017 02:35am
Quote (Ronramos @ Feb 2 2017 04:26am)
ive had 13k and blew it on poker lmk

Time to move on to $ betting and stay away from poker?
Gold: 13,805.00
Feb 2 2017 02:38am
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Feb 2 2017 12:34am)
I think the voting thing is that big of a deal. Furthermore, I think it's fair to question other factors motivating the format of this freeroll.

By making it a guild freeroll, it obviously gives a certain type a person an advantage: people who own their own guilds. Who owns guilds? people who already have lots of fg and people with friends. If you're a basement dweller, you dont have friends, and your relatives probably don't like you if/when you visit. If you don't have fg, you're probably not buying a guild. If you actually left a guild before the 24th, you miss out on the freeroll. So it's a pretty narrow group who gets to participate.

In addition, why did he ask in this thread for ideas regarding who was #1 the freeroll if he wasn't going to listen to what anyone had to suggest? Nearly everyone wanted to make a betting game freeroll of some sort. Yet, instead, he sprung this idea without even asking the users of this forum if they wanted this freeroll. So who is this freeroll really for: the users of jsp or terps? I think it's worth pointing out that terps has fg and owns a guild, so he probably already has a pretty nice guild with points already --this gives him a nice advantage. Plus he got pretty excited in post 146 over the prospect of splitting 300 between proint and himself lol. Seems like he's setting up for himself a freeroll in which he has a pretty good shot at winning a lot of fg.

I also question what Tx6 really wanted done with this big donate. He said in his pm that he wanted terps to host "a sports freeroll," yet here we are with a guild freeroll. Seems like it would make more sense to do something related to betting and sports, considering that's where this fg came from, that's what most people use this forum for, and that's what most people said they wanted in the suggestion thread. Plus it creates a freeroll with an even playing field: all you need to participate is jsp, not a guild.

Anyway, that's just my cynical outlook on this thing. Inb4 a stream of cliche counterarguments that entirely miss the point of this scrutiny.

Gold: 0.81
Feb 2 2017 03:22am
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Feb 2 2017 01:34am)

Gold: 4,374.00
Feb 2 2017 08:00am
Quote (Rust_Ninja @ Feb 2 2017 02:34am)

:hail:
Gold: 1,392.04
Feb 2 2017 08:02am
Rofl this is still going?
Gold: 4,374.00
Feb 2 2017 08:04am
Quote (Prone @ Feb 2 2017 08:02am)
Rofl this is still going?

Honestly I figured it died when Terps got exposed for giving out people's personal ips
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev114151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll