d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.14b The Chance To Cast Hydra Bearsorceress > A Player Vs. Monsters Guide!
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 190.00
Jan 24 2017 08:55am
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Jan 23 2017 04:16pm)
This was my Dragon/Dream Bearsorc guide, I hope you will like it.

Hey, man. Props to you for trying something different. Quick questions and some comments.

Does ctc from dragon stack with each other? (total of 24% ctc)?

Have you considered any other weapons from which you might gain other benefits besides just ias? How important is that ias breakpoint? If you like the novelty of ctc, have you considered adding other fun weapons just to see more procs?

Does ias from fanat increase your bear's attack speed? I know you said off weapon doesn't count, but I dunno f that includes aura.

This post was edited by Kunim on Jan 24 2017 08:57am
Gold: 1,490.00
Jan 24 2017 09:33am
Quote (Kunim @ 24 Jan 2017 16:55)
Hey, man. Props to you for trying something different. Quick questions and some comments.

Does ctc from dragon stack with each other? (total of 24% ctc)?

Have you considered any other weapons from which you might gain other benefits besides just ias? How important is that ias breakpoint? If you like the novelty of ctc, have you considered adding other fun weapons just to see more procs?

Does ias from fanat increase your bear's attack speed? I know you said off weapon doesn't count, but I dunno f that includes aura.

Uhh afaik it has more chance, but from what Ive known they dont stack. I guess the 88% chance it dont proc, 12% of 88% for the other one. (Just guessing)

Well you need the ias, or you're ok with hitting slower.

For other procs : if u can find a weapon who procs a skill who deals significant damage (get boosted by a skill, like hydra with fball and fbolt) and ias and can be made in a fast (pb best imo) base, its worth a try. But afaik there isnt such wep.
Cmoon has ctc chain light, but deals not much damage bvuz u dont synergize it that much (only max light mastery)

About fana: fana makes you need a little less ias.
Only items that spawns with fana are Beast and Faith.

You wont use faith ofc, and you wont use a faith merc because you need the conv from infy.

About beast.. beast is kinda bad weapon, deals more phys dmg then a 6sox pb, but hits way slower. You're better of using grief pb or ebotd war spike
Jan 24 2017 10:03am
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Jan 24 2017 10:33am)
Uhh afaik it has more chance, but from what Ive known they dont stack. I guess the 88% chance it dont proc, 12% of 88% for the other one. (Just guessing)

Well you need the ias, or you're ok with hitting slower.

For other procs : if u can find a weapon who procs a skill who deals significant damage (get boosted by a skill, like hydra with fball and fbolt) and ias and can be made in a fast (pb best imo) base, its worth a try. But afaik there isnt such wep.
Cmoon has ctc chain light, but deals not much damage bvuz u dont synergize it that much (only max light mastery)

About fana: fana makes you need a little less ias.
Only items that spawns with fana are Beast and Faith.

You wont use faith ofc, and you wont use a faith merc because you need the conv from infy.

About beast.. beast is kinda bad weapon, deals more phys dmg then a 6sox pb, but hits way slower. You're better of using grief pb or ebotd war spike

See, I was thinking about beast because of the additional cb, as well as the boost from fanat for your merc. On top of that, it allows for a cta on your switch. If you were to put it in say, a war spike, which has -10 attack speed. I believe you can hit the same ias breakpoint while giving yourself better damage. Cb is the most important pvm melee stat, imo.
Jan 24 2017 11:28am
Quote (Kunim @ 24 Jan 2017 18:03)
See, I was thinking about beast because of the additional cb, as well as the boost from fanat for your merc. On top of that, it allows for a cta on your switch. If you were to put it in say, a war spike, which has -10 attack speed. I believe you can hit the same ias breakpoint while giving yourself better damage. Cb is the most important pvm melee stat, imo.

For such a character with low phys dmg, you shouldnt relay on cb that much.

Beast is bad as main weapon
- low damage compared to grief pb
- breakable
- slow compared to 6sox pb

The fana doesnt make it up for it flaws.

Feanur had a original bearsorc guide, one of his setups is with ebotd war spike
Jan 24 2017 11:36am
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Jan 24 2017 12:28pm)
For such a character with low phys dmg, you shouldnt relay on cb that much.

Beast is bad as main weapon
- low damage compared to grief pb
- breakable
- slow compared to 6sox pb

The fana doesnt make it up for it flaws.

Feanur had a original bearsorc guide, one of his setups is with ebotd war spike

I don't understand. Cb has nothing to do with your phys damage. Its always good on a melee character with high ias. Beast will not be slow compared to pb if I am correct that ias will increase bear attack speed. Breakable is a problem, sure.
Jan 24 2017 11:43am
Quote (Kunim @ 24 Jan 2017 19:36)
I don't understand. Cb has nothing to do with your phys damage. Its always good on a melee character with high ias. Beast will not be slow compared to pb if I am correct that ias will increase bear attack speed. Breakable is a problem, sure.

No ur right.
But its pretty much not needed when ur merc has 40 cb and u kill regular monsters in 1 or 2 hits anyway. Vs bosses is the only place where you need it, but again... you got a merc too ofc.

And beast is slow compared to pb.

Beast ba will not reach the 5 frame attack PB can reach
A 95 ias pb will have 5 frame attack
A 40 ias beast ba will have 10 frames (counted the lvl 9 fana aswell ofc), you need 25 off wep ias to hit the 9th frame

This post was edited by Klaasje123 on Jan 24 2017 11:44am
Jan 24 2017 12:10pm
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Jan 24 2017 12:43pm)
No ur right.
But its pretty much not needed when ur merc has 40 cb and u kill regular monsters in 1 or 2 hits anyway. Vs bosses is the only place where you need it, but again... you got a merc too ofc.

And beast is slow compared to pb.

Beast ba will not reach the 5 frame attack PB can reach
A 95 ias pb will have 5 frame attack
A 40 ias beast ba will have 10 frames (counted the lvl 9 fana aswell ofc), you need 25 off wep ias to hit the 9th frame

If you used a war spike instead, you could hit the 9-frame bp. I believe I overestimated the ias from fanat.

I don't like the "default to merc" kinda logic you have going there. Using that logic, every build is viable if you have a good merc. But thats also no fun.

Jan 24 2017 12:19pm
Quote (Kunim @ 24 Jan 2017 20:10)
If you used a war spike instead, you could hit the 9-frame bp. I believe I overestimated the ias from fanat.

I don't like the "default to merc" kinda logic you have going there. Using that logic, every build is viable if you have a good merc. But thats also no fun.

True. But beast is still too slow compared to a 6sox pb, so beast isnt an option anyway.
Gold: 12,253.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 25 2017 02:07pm
I don't know that much about melee sorc, but seems cool, gj

but this 3k ar isn't a problem? I know a barb needs mini 6k to have good hits
Gold: 3,854.69
Jan 25 2017 02:10pm
Quote (anth28 @ Jan 25 2017 09:07pm)
I don't know that much about melee sorc, but seems cool, gj

but this 3k ar isn't a problem? I know a barb needs mini 6k to have good hits

post 6 line 2
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List