d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Keyboard Acting Up > Help!
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: Locked
Jan 22 2017 09:56pm
Hey guys, so I just started having a problem with my keyboard. It is a thermal take Poseidon z. All of the sudden, my keys started not working half the time. It seems like all of them only work half the time, and if I push backspace, it will only delete 1 letter and stop instead of deleting everything if I'm still holding it.

So, I had problems with the keyboard a few months ago where a couple of the keys would double the letter for 1 key press. Found a solution online to put a timer in-between when keys could be pushed, which worked somewhat til now. Seems like other people have had the same problem with this keyboard.

So I just tried to plug in another keyboard into my computer, does the same thing. And then I plugged my Poseidon z into a Blu ray player, and it's working fine. I'm not really sure what's going on, and I can't find the keyboard settings to set the time in-between presses. It is Windows 10, built this comp about a year and a half ago. Anybody heard of this problem or have any solutions to try? Thank you for reading.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 22 2017 10:06pm
Uninstall any keyboard drivers. Start -> Device Manager -> Keyboards -> Right-click yours -> Uninstall. Restart machine afterwards

Assuming these are USB keyboards? Didn't Google your current one. Do the same thing for the USB drivers.

What's your computer manufacturer? I'd try to update the BIOS & chipset drivers if the USB/ keyboard drivers don't fix it. Google how to do this.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 22 2017 10:07pm
this seems to be a really common issue except i don't understand how a second unrelated keyboard does the same thing.

seems like it may be the software rather than the hardware.
Gold: Locked
Jan 22 2017 11:12pm
Quote (Floozy @ Jan 22 2017 08:06pm)
Uninstall any keyboard drivers. Start -> Device Manager -> Keyboards -> Right-click yours -> Uninstall. Restart machine afterwards

Assuming these are USB keyboards? Didn't Google your current one. Do the same thing for the USB drivers.

What's your computer manufacturer? I'd try to update the BIOS & chipset drivers if the USB/ keyboard drivers don't fix it. Google how to do this.

Nice, that first part worked! Thank you so much.

Quote (Subwoofer @ Jan 22 2017 08:07pm)
this seems to be a really common issue except i don't understand how a second unrelated keyboard does the same thing.

seems like it may be the software rather than the hardware.

Ya, I was thinking the keyboard gave out finally so I plugged in another to start gaming and it was doing the same thing, which i was not expecting...
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic