d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > No So Single Player
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 147,523.10
Feb 28 2017 11:05am
2nd part
i dont even know what this is.

dijon mustard slayer. not as cool at DC...

3 significant drops in the 1st run. idk if it was pure luck, or signs of things to come. let's hope the latter.
Feb 28 2017 11:51am
Run #2

OKAY? on my druid run i found an Ohm. i actually didnt figure id find another HR on this run. starting to think i should have just saved the last one.

now what can i do with VEX?
1. HOTO...but does she really need that? not at all..spirit is already super strong, let along the array of weapons she can get that is basically just as good. occy, tal's set, eschutas, rare weapons, etc.........
2. BOTD...could be made in a hydra bow and be decent...if a ZOD were to be found. even then i'd have a hard time justifying making it.
3. Death. melee weapon. no real use.
4. Silence. this weapon is kinda old school. kind of an all around thing with cool stats. 75all res. 30%mf, 20%ias, but only 200% ED...that just is not enough.
5. TRANSMUTE ...into OHM! i which with luck of acquiring a JAH, i could potentially make Faith.
dunno. overall not the most useful HR. Great for Hoto..but sorc really doesnt need Hoto.... ~_~ i gave her the Ohm for a useless runeword last time (chaos claw for her trap sin so she could SPIN TO WIN! was just for fun...)
also, unfortunately, realistically, i wont find another HR to make a real RW. but i will probably just hold it and not use it, anyways.

not as hype :P
Feb 28 2017 01:32pm
did 3 more runs. no more luck. got bored :P
Mar 6 2017 11:54am
okay so i did more stuff!!! here we go! didn't keep track of the run #s exactly...but it definitely died down alot on the godly drop rates xD

BOOTS!

i remember these being pretty popular in 09. keeping them because my gf needs new ones. she is still using hsarus from act1 norm. this gives mana boost for her, which is always nice.

Lacquered plate Rack drop?! potential Tal's armor? that would complete the set!!!

decided to do some research on rack dropping.
turns out there is a 1:1000 chance that it will drop the unique version of an item it can drop.
about a 1:120 version of dropping set item. that set item drop rate is actually pretty good, so it convinced me to run it.
MF doesnt affect it! but i kept some equipped to farm monsters, anyways.

the rest of my runs ended up being a run straight to the rack in the Crypt, and then routing around killing everything on the way to bonebreaker and then restarting. ended up being rack+3 unique mobs. i started keeping track of how many Lacquered plates droped

This post was edited by nate321 on Mar 6 2017 11:55am
Mar 6 2017 11:57am
after a hand full of runs

bone breaker dropped a unique trolls nest!

pretty rare! don't know how to use it, though....maybe x3 pdiamond? or 3x ist? i kept it but my gf ended up liking rhyme more, anyways. which i dont blame her. checked drop rate. about a 1:40,000 chance...

unique ring in a lvl85 area?? potential to be godlike!!
Mar 6 2017 11:59am
of course....fuckyou ~_____~

KO! finally. what to make now? i kinda need a higher damage bow to use until i can upgrade bramble dart....but wealth is so tempting.

unique ring from special chest?? idk if i have ever found a unique from one of these before. interesting..
Mar 6 2017 12:02pm
lol...technical upgrade....

40% ED JEWEL?? wow. only thing i can see myself using it in is brambledart. BUT THEN WHAT ABOUT KNOCKBACK? i am torn, now.... i mathed it up vs my 19max damage jewel, and it is stronger. in brambledart it ends up being an equivalent of +24 damage. would put it at over 429% ED?. sexy high number.

lol funny amulet. i sold it to akara and then realised its higher MF than my current 30% ammy. so i bought it back.
Mar 6 2017 12:04pm
blackbogs. more like badbogs.

wow very intesting chest drop. ancient sword is of no use.

neither is the god damn amulet ~_~ catseye or highlords plz n thx.
Mar 6 2017 12:05pm
more powerful bow for new harmony?

yeah les do that. decent roll.

lvl 80
Mar 6 2017 12:15pm
so at this point i decided to just power run the rack and not killing anything. max all the FRW gear i got.
things i realised while running for the rack....depending on what other stationary obstacles you click on, changes the potential outcome of the rack.

if i hit a earlier rack, and then the 3 bodys on the way to these double racks, it would always gives me a preset few items. being lacquered plate, wyrmhide boots, horned helm and a couple other things.....
IF I SKIPPED THE BODIES, and only hit the earlier rack and and teleported over the wall instead of running around, it would gives me great hauberk instead. very weird and interesting. i did enough runs to test and confirm this. when doing kind of whatever over and over to get to them..i was getting a lacquered plate 1/10 runs or worse. after being 100% confident about which triggered lacquered plate set of items to drop, i was able to run the optimal route to give me a lacquered plate roughly every 1/4 runs.

another thing was...if on the weapon rack beside it dropped a KNOUT, the armor rack would always drop a lacquered. it seems that these double rack drops are generated in combos

this guy dropped randomly during trial runs...i thought my 1/120 of dropping set item luck was over at this point...but i wasnt satisfied.

another one during trial runs before i was able to optimize it. i was a bit angry at the drops...but also happy to see that the 1/120 chance seemed very real, once i figured out the pattern to get lacquered plate, my confidence of it its realistic potential to drop was pretty high.

ok this one upset me! 1/1000 chance for unique!! on a guarenteed lacuqered plate run this one DID dorp when i got the pattern down, meaning knouts were dropping everytime lacquered plate did.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic