d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > I Don't Understand Projectpt's Video
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90.58
Jan 22 2017 12:27pm
Okay so I was farming shaped strand maps and decided to listen to this in its entirety:

Basically a tldw is he's saying the content is too "casual" and not hard enough.

However, this is the first league I've actually continued to play 1 month after the league started.

The thing that I don't understand is how he complains PoE is becoming more casual.

When I did my first Shaper run, I literally got goosebumps after almost being hit by his slam. Mind you, I play a Cycloner. Once I see Shaper's slam animation I get the fuck out of his targeted range as fast as possible. And honestly, this fight is extremely invigorating for me. Very fun! And I know if I get hit by that slam, I'm toast.

Yes I can understand if someone has farmed Shaper hundreds of times it might be "casual", but I have never even seen him do a Shaper run on his stream.. I just don't understand how he can blatantly say stuff like this.

In any event, I just wanted to vent and write this somewhere. I fucking love some of the end game bosses and fights and yeah they might be casual for some but honestly for me when it was my first time experiencing the fights, they were exhilarating.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 22 2017 12:30pm
Gold: 3,000.00
Jan 22 2017 12:52pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jan 22 2017 07:27pm)
Okay so I was farming shaped strand maps and decided to listen to this in its entirety:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQzhKk43y0

Basically a tldw is he's saying the content is too "casual" and not hard enough.

However, this is the first league I've actually continued to play 1 month after the league started.

The thing that I don't understand is how he complains PoE is becoming more casual.

When I did my first Shaper run, I literally got goosebumps after almost being hit by his slam. Mind you, I play a Cycloner. Once I see Shaper's slam animation I get the fuck out of his targeted range as fast as possible. And honestly, this fight is extremely invigorating for me. Very fun! And I know if I get hit by that slam, I'm toast.

Yes I can understand if someone has farmed Shaper hundreds of times it might be "casual", but I have never even seen him do a Shaper run on his stream.. I just don't understand how he can blatantly say stuff like this.

In any event, I just wanted to vent and write this somewhere. I fucking love some of the end game bosses and fights and yeah they might be casual for some but honestly for me when it was my first time experiencing the fights, they were exhilarating.

you are aware shaper is the very end of the endgame and the slam is the most blatantly visualized threat the game has yet to offer
you could get 1shot in every single map prior to 2.0, without you even realizing the danger

e: you practicly only missed the point of the video

This post was edited by Taszilo.^ on Jan 22 2017 12:56pm
Jan 22 2017 01:06pm
Quote (Taszilo.^ @ Jan 22 2017 10:52am)
you are aware shaper is the very end of the endgame and the slam is the most blatantly visualized threat the game has yet to offer
you could get 1shot in every single map prior to 2.0, without you even realizing the danger

e: you practicly only missed the point of the video

Yeah, no kidding. Funny how the guy complaining about the game being to "easy and casual" hasn't even experienced end-game content.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 22 2017 01:07pm
Gold: 2,004.41
Jan 22 2017 01:16pm
because he misses the days of artificial difficulty where a rhoa or devourer would one shot your character, back before poe was fleshed out by an expanding player base. He's just a contrarian loser.
Gold: 489.12
Jan 22 2017 01:18pm
Fucking casual,

Shit John miller thread flame bait, but seriously should you really olny feel excited only at the very last boss gated by hours/ days of pre mapping, while everything else is non contrisensual?
Jan 22 2017 01:27pm
Quote (Lamperouge @ Jan 22 2017 11:18am)
Fucking casual,

Shit John miller thread flame bait, but seriously should you really olny feel excited only at the very last boss gated by hours/ days of pre mapping, while everything else is non contrisensual?

Huh?

I feel excited as fuck when I fight Izaro / Malachai / Chimera (although his smoke phase sometimes wrekts the living shit out of me) / Shaper / and the The Phoenix Guardian.

Although the guardians are getting easier and easier for me now. Still fun to fight though.

feel excited only at the very last boss gated by hours/ days of pre mapping

Kind of like how we are gated and shunned by the Atlas when I want to Farm Chateaus while doing the shaped map strat? Oh wait, I'm not even going to go there.

In any event, the bosses are amazingly fun and I just don't understand how someone thinks this game is "casual". I would have never said that when I got wrekt by Shaper / Izaro a few times :)

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 22 2017 01:27pm
Gold: 202.99
Jan 22 2017 01:29pm
He has lots of valid points tbh

If you enjoyed the slower paced poe from before ascendancys and 2.0 you have every right to be pissed. I mean poe was very different a few years back.

I enjoyed poe back in 1.2 or 1.3 when I started and I also enjoy the crazy clear speed meta post ascendancys and I also don't mind that the game is evolving.
GGG had/has a lot of fans cause of the way they listen to/listened to their playerbase and made decisions based on what the community had to say. Now that poe has like 10 times the amount of players it cant solely be catered to those 1.1 hc poe fans as they are just a small minority.
thats exactly what projectPT is. Someone from a small minority of players who is pissed that the game hasnt been developed in a way he wants it. Times change and he just needs to get over it :lol:

e: as for the difficulty poe is easier than it was. No doubt about it. Only the very last maps (t16s, uber) are actually difficult. Idk if thats a bad thing or not but it is easier.

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 22 2017 01:33pm
Jan 22 2017 01:40pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 22 2017 11:29am)
He has lots of valid points tbh

If you enjoyed the slower paced poe from before ascendancys and 2.0 you have every right to be pissed. I mean poe was very different a few years back.

I enjoyed poe back in 1.2 or 1.3 when I started and I also enjoy the crazy clear speed meta post ascendancys and I also don't mind that the game is evolving.
GGG had/has a lot of fans cause of the way they listen to/listened to their playerbase and made decisions based on what the community had to say. Now that poe has like 10 times the amount of players it cant solely be catered to those 1.1 hc poe fans as they are just a small minority.
thats exactly what projectPT is. Someone from a small minority of players who is pissed that the game hasnt been developed in a way he wants it. Times change and he just needs to get over it :lol:

e: as for the difficulty poe is easier than it was. No doubt about it. Only the very last maps (t16s, uber) are actually difficult. Idk if thats a bad thing or not but it is easier.

Hey, thanks! Finally someone who replied without flaming me for expressing my opinions :)

I just feel like the game is still challenging and definitely not casual. I agree with mostly everything you've said.

Malachai fight for a new player is definitely not casual, same for Izaro or the Guardians + Shaper. For ProjectPT to emit that the game has turned into a "casual mess" that doesn't abide to his worldview is his problem. It has no direct correlation to the game itself. Except for the fact that yes it has gotten easier, however, by no way does his arguments make PoE a casual game. It might be for XBONE though, and I do agree with his points there. About the skill designs and influence.

e: I am worried the poe community might read into it like that, when it's not remotely true. Or heaven forbid new players stumbling upon his video

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 22 2017 01:44pm
Gold: 1,975.00
Jan 22 2017 01:44pm
I think the difference between T15 and T16/17 is ridiculous and the trash mobs before the bosses of T16/T17 maps are worthless.

There should be a very significant ramp up in difficulty when maps turn red INCLUDING the trash mobs so that by the time you get to T16 and guardians you're not like WOW WTF.
Jan 22 2017 01:48pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jan 22 2017 11:44am)
I think the difference between T15 and T16/17 is ridiculous and the trash mobs before the bosses of T16/T17 maps are worthless.

There should be a very significant ramp up in difficulty when maps turn red INCLUDING the trash mobs so that by the time you get to T16 and guardians you're not like WOW WTF.

Didn't they nerf the living shit out of the Core bosses too? I remember long time ago those fights were insane, now they seem like they have the hp of a rare mob. :lol:

Now that is definitely border-line c-word, however was that a intended nerf or what?

Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll