d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Automated Pm Read And Automated D2 Sales From Pm > How Is This Permitted?
Closed New Topic
Gold: 5.00
Jan 22 2017 11:16am
-=Siths Automated Everything Services=-
I've been seeing more and more of these types of services appearing on jsp (90% of them are through guild: sith)
Is this allowed or just over looked?

Quote (Official Site Rules and Policies)
Prohibited behavior and content (text, links, images, videos etc.):
12.No binaries, hacks, bots, exploits, or third party modifications of any game or program.
20.No botting or automation of any features within d2jsp, including, but not limited to, posting, page refreshing, Ladder Slasher.

This is obvious botting of d2jsp forums and diablo 2.

This guy got banned and it was only speculation.
http://i.imgur.com/3QOnyLS.png

This post was edited by Ouefnut on Jan 22 2017 11:19am
Gold: 3,618.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 22 2017 12:11pm
It is allowed, just risky to use.
Jr Admin
Gold: 7,900.00
Jan 22 2017 12:39pm
The automated PMs are not ok but we cant stop people botting in game

This post was edited by Sire on Jan 22 2017 12:42pm
Gold: 25,434.51
Jan 22 2017 04:58pm
I have only been back for less than two weeks and these automated services being allowed (or looked over) have been the most shocking I faced.

In case this is still up for discussion, I'd like to share my opinion, express my concerns regarding the subject.
The specific example that concerns me the most are the automated grush services in D2/eu/lod/sc/ladder (and presumably in other realms/cores). Basicly you send x fg with a predefined comment and your character starts getting rushed in moments. This is undoubtedly a service created with a lot of invested time and effort, but it will slowly take over the whole rushing market which is the main income of a lot of new player, making them either work for less to offer a better deal or find another way to make fgs.
Right now only few user offer this service but as always with innovations, it will get more and more popular which will create competition and reduce the price to a point where manual rushing will either have to be free or it won't be worth the effort.

If this stays allowed it will indirectly speed up the extinction of an already very old game. Just look at the end of the road we start walking down with this being one of the first step:
Sooner or later someone will (if not have already) develop a fully automatic level service system. You send predefined amount of fg with login information and you will receive level service assigned to the amount.
That will kill the level service market for those without this system (which will be a lot larger group considering only the difficulties with setting up 8 player runs)
As in the original post above jewel services are already a thing, same will happen with runes and common items (uniqs, magic items, sets).
That will basicly make mfing not only by hand (which is already pretty pointless) but by small time botting unprofitable.
The list of things to be automated is infinite.

An automated service results in two things directly:
1, Demanders have access to supply24/7 and therefore will not need to search for their needs
2, Suppliers without the system will not bother to offer their goods because see 1,

These two points play a very important role in the idea of fair market. Allowing automated services gives disproportionate advantage making it impossible to earn the first (hundreds, thousands) fgs for the largest group of users, those who play "small".
Gold: 5.00
Jan 22 2017 05:32pm
Quote (AREIOS @ Jan 22 2017 06:58pm)
I have only been back for less than two weeks and these automated services being allowed (or looked over) have been the most shocking I faced.

In case this is still up for discussion, I'd like to share my opinion, express my concerns regarding the subject.
The specific example that concerns me the most are the automated grush services in D2/eu/lod/sc/ladder (and presumably in other realms/cores). Basicly you send x fg with a predefined comment and your character starts getting rushed in moments. This is undoubtedly a service created with a lot of invested time and effort, but it will slowly take over the whole rushing market which is the main income of a lot of new player, making them either work for less to offer a better deal or find another way to make fgs.
Right now only few user offer this service but as always with innovations, it will get more and more popular which will create competition and reduce the price to a point where manual rushing will either have to be free or it won't be worth the effort.

If this stays allowed it will indirectly speed up the extinction of an already very old game. Just look at the end of the road we start walking down with this being one of the first step:
Sooner or later someone will (if not have already) develop a fully automatic level service system. You send predefined amount of fg with login information and you will receive level service assigned to the amount.
That will kill the level service market for those without this system (which will be a lot larger group considering only the difficulties with setting up 8 player runs)
As in the original post above jewel services are already a thing, same will happen with runes and common items (uniqs, magic items, sets).
That will basicly make mfing not only by hand (which is already pretty pointless) but by small time botting unprofitable.
The list of things to be automated is infinite.

An automated service results in two things directly:
1, Demanders have access to supply24/7 and therefore will not need to search for their needs
2, Suppliers without the system will not bother to offer their goods because see 1,

These two points play a very important role in the idea of fair market. Allowing automated services gives disproportionate advantage making it impossible to earn the first (hundreds, thousands) fgs for the largest group of users, those who play "small".

The guild I referred to runs a fully automated jsp pm system to run a 3 hour 1-80, jewel shop and grush, they might even have a 3 day 1-99 iirc

Quote (Sire @ Jan 22 2017 02:39pm)
The automated PMs are not ok but we cant stop people botting in game

It's not ok, but I imagine nothing will be done to put an end to it.

This post was edited by Ouefnut on Jan 22 2017 05:34pm
Gold: 84.38
Jan 23 2017 05:01pm
The automated 1-80, grush, socket, etc are all working via the d2jsp irc.

They just login to the irc and receive the notifications jsp sends when you receive forum gold.

Paul could easily stop this. How to connect to d2jsp irc with a script was actually even discussed here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74810265&f=120&p=505919566

I would assume that no one cares that this is happening.

This post was edited by bit on Jan 23 2017 05:11pm
Admin
Gold: 172,310.69
Jan 23 2017 05:17pm
Quote (bit @ Jan 23 2017 05:01pm)
The automated 1-80, grush, socket, etc are all working via the d2jsp IRC.

They just login and receive the notifications jsp sends when you receive forum gold.

Paul could easily stop this. How to connect to d2jsp irc with a script was actually even discussed here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74810265&f=120&p=505919566

I would assume he no one cares.

It has nothing to do with "no one cares". It's a simple misunderstanding quite a few of the users have.

Gold notifications which automatically signal their bots are features that are from the d2jsp instant messenger: http://forums.d2jsp.org/chat.php They are working as they are intended. Where everyone fails to draw the line is the difference from simply using this feature to control your in game botted services (as said above we have no control of what you do on your computer, just don't discuss it on d2jsp and it's fine) and forum automation such as automated posting, automated sending of fg, automation of any kind in LS (NOT ALLOWED!).

Quote (Official Site Rules and Policies)
Prohibited behavior and content (text, links, images, videos etc.):
12.No binaries, hacks, bots, exploits, or third party modifications of any game or program.
20.No botting or automation of any features within d2jsp, including, but not limited to, posting, page refreshing, Ladder Slasher.

None of this applies to simply using the d2jsp instant messenger service.

If they were using that same system and some kind of bot or program to automatically post on the forums, they would be instantly banned.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic