d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Iso Bow Build
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 20 2017 10:15am
Ye I've tried the build though with mid tier ES gear, may have to go out of your way to adjust a bit. For example if you don't have Skyforth or Legacy Vinktar, you need to get stun immunity somewhere and Charisma / VP Nodes respectively in the tree. I just made sure I went out of my way for extra ES node and I'm only using two Jewels atm, both with ES%

Gold: 22.00
Jan 20 2017 02:32pm
i feel like its mainly the damage thats fucking me. I feel i can break 7-8k es at like 90 but wow is my damage low as fuck. I didnt go pathfinder either as i dont have a vinktars yet and felt raider was a bigger dps boost as im only using reach

however, now im making an assassin for charges so i dont have to use pcoc in my setup and more multi ect since im using reach and i think lightning arrow is a better choice? but then it makes me want to go volt + psn lol
Jan 20 2017 03:17pm
Eh, Pathfinder is still pretty mandatory imo, mainly for the flexibility and the utility, but also for the Flasks. You should have decent success with Reach if you're playing that build, I wouldn't go Raider because the SignalShot template is pretty much another Flask build, Dying Sun can be expensive but not necesaary, however you gotta put in the monies for the Vinktar.

This post was edited by Morbid. on Jan 20 2017 03:19pm
Gold: 22.00
Jan 20 2017 05:39pm
Quote (Morbid. @ Jan 20 2017 02:17pm)
Eh, Pathfinder is still pretty mandatory imo, mainly for the flexibility and the utility, but also for the Flasks. You should have decent success with Reach if you're playing that build, I wouldn't go Raider because the SignalShot template is pretty much another Flask build, Dying Sun can be expensive but not necesaary, however you gotta put in the monies for the Vinktar.

i see. So since you're awesome, id like to ask you something

I feel if i go es i need good dmg to compensate for the used nodes to get to es where as the life base has dmg nodes/life near each other.

is it better just to go decent dmg + 5klife or less dmg with 8k es?

also the whole pathfinder thing confuses me on how those passives are better than lets say assassin or raider?
Gold: 202.99
Jan 21 2017 05:04am
Quote (E10LT1Z @ 21 Jan 2017 02:39)

I feel if i go es i need good dmg to compensate for the used nodes to get to es where as the life base has dmg nodes/life near each other.

also the whole pathfinder thing confuses me on how those passives are better than lets say assassin or raider?

stick with raider and go life based

this is with voltaxic and without dying sun and wither totem. Prolly lvl 85 or something (was recorded like a month ago so cant remember)
That dmg is without poison as boss died faster than I could get full frenzies up (snakebites for poison)

Pretty sure reach is a lot more dmg

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 21 2017 05:09am
Gold: 1,407.00
Jan 21 2017 08:44am
Quote (simon_the_sorc @ 19 Jan 2017 10:24)
i played signalShot this league and to be honest unless you have MASSIVE good gear your dmg will suck

Sorry to say that mate, but you probably made some mistakes gearing up or skilling it, cause it isn't that gear dependent build.
Jan 21 2017 12:12pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ 21 Jan 2017 06:04)
stick with raider and go life based

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUM4tGi-0A

this is with voltaxic and without dying sun and wither totem. Prolly lvl 85 or something (was recorded like a month ago so cant remember)
That dmg is without poison as boss died faster than I could get full frenzies up (snakebites for poison)

Pretty sure reach is a lot more dmg

Ye build can be pretty good. I was under the impression that we wanted to help him with using his current gear? Also I'm done with the league so I'm not sure about prices, and/or if it's worth for him to buy all new gear.

Quote (E10LT1Z @ 20 Jan 2017 18:39)

So with 8 point Pathfinder, assuming you path to Master Surgeon and Master Alchemist, you are immune to Status Ailments and Bleed, and have the ability to regenerate Charges on your Flasks like mad. This creates a cycle where your Flasks are pretty much always up, or you'll have a Flask available to use at all points in time. Think of your Flask effects, which are increased by your Ascendancy + Flask Nodes, as permanent buffs to your character.

This means with VP + Vinktar you're leeching a shitload, which is the whole facetanking meta that we've had here.

Compare to other classes where, although you get very strong bonuses other places, such as Assassin with Crit, or maybe Inquis with 100% Resistance Penentration, but without the full uptime of Flasks. Then you gotta invest into Bleed Flask, Shock Flask (if you're gonna use Vinktar), Freeze Flask, etc. You lose utility alone on that ground. It's just safer, and smoother gameplay all around imo. I've tested something like Inquisitior Bow, it's actually awful to have a lapse where you don't have Flask uptime.

The tree you posted is fine (I looked at the Signal thread, it is the "budget" version or w/e?). With a Reach of the Council you can use: TS + PPAD + ICS + PTL + WED as a 5L to start and still have a lot of success, but the last link prolly has to be PCOC... see below:

Major issue I see without Skyforth is generation of Power Charges. You'll have to use PCOC Gem, which can be a pain in the ass. Also you have to find a different way to be stun immune, so maybe Valyrium Ring/Eye of Chayula in this case is the best way to go. I haven't really found a good budget option for these imo.

On the Life front, can also be strong but atm with KOTF build being very popular I'm sure prices for things aren't going to be cheap either.

I feel like I'm always less yolo when it comes to bow builds, my preference is always gonna be Kaom's Heart + 6L TS with Acrobatics and a Jade Flask. Although SignalShot is very strong with the appropriate gear, the one thing I disliked when playing the build was bosses like Minotaur *can* one-shot since you have no Dodge, if he hits you before you are leeching off of him. Tried my build vs SignalShot, never had any problems with Guardians etc, but on SignalShot sometimes you can get overwhelmed with a big hit and it's somewhat dangerous to recover.

/e

Yeah if you go with no Skyforth, the links would prolly be:

TS (or LA, your choice) + PPAD + ICS + PTL + WED + PCOC (BBBGGR, so put that in your chest)

then BAR + PPAD + SP + PTL + WED + EF (GGGBBR, so put that in the Reach)

I did extensive testing initially in AOW with the Barrage setup, imo his setup is wrong with Added Fire over Slower Proj, I will always take the better multiplier in this case.

This post was edited by Morbid. on Jan 21 2017 12:16pm
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll