d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Another Fine Member Of Lldpk > Lol
Prev12345633Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2017 08:46pm
Quote (sir_cyclops @ Jan 17 2017 09:12pm)
If I knew the prices well, prices were fixed, and it were real money, I could see potentially agreeing with him that it's taking advantage. I'm dealing with other adults in a market where everyone is trying to make the most forum gold as they can. I overpriced it, planning to come down over time, and I got a pm bin. I'll ask the question that no one answered in my last post, was I supposed to turn him down?

Don't worry about it, u did good.

Gold: 100.00
Jan 17 2017 10:41pm
Maybe because it's because I was from West and majority of the LLDers in LLDpk East players in LLDpk, but why is there so much hate for the guild?

I never understood it. Was it because Break let anyone join? I don't remember there being a joining requirement. I know people didn't like Break because he spent $ on items, and I've always attributed that to jealousy.

Do JSP guilds even matter? The only other LLD guild I know of was Mistakes, which was just a group of people who liked to troll others.
Gold: 3,358.00
Jan 17 2017 11:05pm
Quote (Grim04 @ Jan 17 2017 11:41pm)
Maybe because it's because I was from West and majority of the LLDers in LLDpk East players in LLDpk, but why is there so much hate for the guild?

I never understood it. Was it because Break let anyone join? I don't remember there being a joining requirement. I know people didn't like Break because he spent $ on items, and I've always attributed that to jealousy.

Do JSP guilds even matter? The only other LLD guild I know of was Mistakes, which was just a group of people who liked to troll others.

no hate, just a lot of dumb ppl in ur guild. don't get me wrong I do like you and few others like break, but majority is ehhh
Gold: 100.00
Jan 17 2017 11:20pm
Quote (grimaud @ Jan 17 2017 09:05pm)
no hate, just a lot of dumb ppl in ur guild. don't get me wrong I do like you and few others like break, but majority is ehhh

I guess, I only joined because I posted that I should find a guild to join that wasn't Mistakes and Break asked if I wanted to join LLDpk.

I literally got hate PMs at that time (which was years ago). I was never sure if it was because of dumb people in the guild or hatred for Break.
Gold: 175.01
Jan 18 2017 03:06am
Quote (Grim04 @ Jan 18 2017 12:41am)

Quote (sir_cyclops @ Jan 17 2017 10:12pm)
If I knew the prices well, prices were fixed, and it were real money, I could see potentially agreeing with him that it's taking advantage. I'm dealing with other adults in a market where everyone is trying to make the most forum gold as they can. I overpriced it, planning to come down over time, and I got a pm bin. I'll ask the question that no one answered in my last post, was I supposed to turn him down?

My problem with the guild is that almost every user in there that I've had the misfortune of contact with has been awful.
The exceptions being you and elusive. justin and I talk shit but I think he knows its all talk. I might give a pass to badguts.

A huge portion of lldpk are the kind of tradespawn ladder filth that are so isolated in their 6 month bubble that they still lose to people like bbanee years later. The kind of people who never got better because they spent more time rebuilding chars than playing. (amandab, WarlocksDad, diablo2g, ste9, bjcummings, sir_cyclops)
Do remember that bbanee sets up a 200 fg temp sin every season and doesn't even try to learn it. He just runs in a straight line away from his opponent and puts a trap under his feet while he runs away. He reached the #1 spot in a ladder tourney by doing this

Then there's an even larger group that decided early on that aiming, positioning, dodging, and generally out-playing your opponent is not fun. Thinking specifically of breakbeatz, but there's a good 10 names in there that come to mind.
If they had their own game it wouldn't be an issue but there was a period in lld where 9-30 and lld101 was so clogged with bad melee players that you couldn't do a tvt. We actually had people quit over that shit

This post was edited by Worrywart on Jan 18 2017 03:07am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 18 2017 07:06am
Quote (Grim04 @ Jan 17 2017 10:41pm)

I think its two things.

1. LLDPK has always been far and away the largest LLD guild which tended to attract people new to LLD. the other guilds were far more exclusionary whereas PK would take anyone, interested in LLD or no.

2. As a result this became a meme, "another fine member of LLDpk"

I always knew who to respect in the guild, the top member have always known their stuff as well as almost the entire front page of the guild.
Jan 18 2017 07:18am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 18 2017 09:06am)
I always knew who to respect in the guild, the top member have always known their stuff as well as almost the entire front page of the guild.

what we currently consider the worst llders on east nl are still better than anyone on the front page was in their prime.

This post was edited by Worrywart on Jan 18 2017 07:19am
Gold: 630.00
Jan 18 2017 07:26am
Quote (Worrywart @ Jan 18 2017 08:18am)
what we currently consider the worst llders on east nl are still better than anyone on the front page was in their prime.

While this is probably true for myself, how can you make such a blanket statement about so many people? Especially when you have no clue how good or bad they were at a time when you didn't know them? You're just wildly speculating.

This post was edited by sir_cyclops on Jan 18 2017 07:26am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 18 2017 07:46am
Quote (Worrywart @ Jan 18 2017 07:18am)

you're the only person around here who judges people solely on their dueling prowess, i certainly don't. even then your statement is just false.

Perz won EU tours and had the most impressive collection in the history of the realm, break had the same collection without the dueling prowess, hellskin burdon amanda and badguts were all good enough duelers, same goes for nc rt123 ste and many more. diablo2g and his bro marco are some of my favorite llders ever and both had impressive chars that they knew how to use, meituo is mewtwo, grim was always a helpful guy, reaperking is a good friend of mine whom i share accs with, and then there's bjcummings the guy who got massively shit on because he talked massive shit but he was a decent dueler who held his own in tourneys in the 2011 era, e_da_mista djunior, turock could go on and on.

it's generally when u get into the 2nd and 3rd pages that the people without LLD knowledge tend to pop out. but tbh those guys came from an era where char building knowledge was just as rare as dueling knowledge, but again i hold dueling skill in very low regard.
Jan 18 2017 08:02am
Rt123, bjcummings, diablo2g, amandab were people I was specifically thinking of when I made that post.

Quote (sir_cyclops @ Jan 18 2017 09:26am)
While this is probably true for myself, how can you make such a blanket statement about so many people? Especially when you have no clue how good or bad they were at a time when you didn't know them? You're just wildly speculating.

I can make a blanket statement about the people I've met and people I spent years playing with. You'll find, if you think back, that I'm not wrong. Burdon still duels the same as he did years and years ago when I first met him. Hasn't changed a bit. Duel with him for a few minutes then remember how highly you used to think of him when lld was still mostly melee and mfing
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev12345633Next
Add Reply New Topic