d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > D2 Trade Section Ux
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2017 05:42am
1) A list of generally traded, patched items that have a dynamic market price attached to it. Yes, much like equities in the stock market.

To track these trades, the current process of posting will remain, and all rules will need to be followed. When posting a new trade, the user will have an extra checkbox to check as an option (something like "List In Market" below"Track My Post" or something), then following a drop down of qualified items for the user to choose from that matches the item that is being traded.. The displayed price will be a rolling average of the X past trades in the realm (or global) market, or something.

2) Furthermore, the site could also offer buying and selling of these stocks.

Yes this would be a major set of features with multiple sprint periods, but I think the business value is worth it.

/e

Of course, this would require a mediated trade to take place in order to guarantee the proper item was traded at the proper price.

Suggestion #2 will be tricky, since we don't want users to take advantage of the system by setting up an inflated trade with a buddy in order to profit off of the stocks by forcing the average price to reach ridiculous highs/lows - so we'll table that for now.

This post was edited by Nickels on Jan 12 2017 06:30am
Gold: 3,605.21
Jan 15 2017 08:54pm
Its a good idea but I think the runescape community would be the place to start since a similar system is in place.

If it was able to search gold logs for certain syntax like "coa" "Pcoa" "shako" "141shako" "P shako" etc.. it would be much more realistic for price indexing. So in theory someone would have to write a script for all the possible items in the game and all the abbreviations for those items and services. Thats just one tiny step in the process of this, just assuming you ONLY want d2 involved and not the rest of the forum.

I think if it were used for d2 it would be a lot of work but is a great idea.
Jan 17 2017 06:37am
Quote (GNX @ Jan 15 2017 07:54pm)
Its a good idea but I think the runescape community would be the place to start since a similar system is in place.

If it was able to search gold logs for certain syntax like "coa" "Pcoa" "shako" "141shako" "P shako" etc.. it would be much more realistic for price indexing. So in theory someone would have to write a script for all the possible items in the game and all the abbreviations for those items and services. Thats just one tiny step in the process of this, just assuming you ONLY want d2 involved and not the rest of the forum.

I think if it were used for d2 it would be a lot of work but is a great idea.

Yep, that's the idea. I'm sure there will need to be another schema just for this in their database to support all that.

I know I kept the description very vague (for good reasons), but yes it definitely would be a lot of work lol.
Gold: 90.58
Jan 17 2017 11:49am
Hell fucking no. Say goodbye to free trade
Jan 21 2017 10:50am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jan 17 2017 10:49am)
Hell fucking no. Say goodbye to free trade

Free trade still exists, participation is optional.
Jan 21 2017 11:07am
Terrible idea
Gold: 111,131.11
Jan 21 2017 01:58pm
D2 items are not even remotely like stocks, especially not if we're talking about 'patched common items', because there is never going to be anything new to invest in. The price of any spawnable item will only ever lower over time through gradual market saturation, especially given some massive exploits in the past few years (anni rain, dupe methods, and so on). As a consequence, I can only really see this dissauding people from investing in items in the hopes of flipping for profit and worsening the 'buyer's market' situation that this game already suffers from.

I mean, what makes me marvel at this is that you say it 'would require a mediated trade' each and every time. Surely this is a joke?

No, sorry.

This post was edited by Madotsuki on Jan 21 2017 02:00pm
Gold: 2,186.00
Jan 21 2017 03:53pm
Quote (Nickels @ Jan 12 2017 01:42pm)
1) A list of generally traded, patched items that have a dynamic market price attached to it.

1) Such list is simply impossible to compose. The price of the unique/set items is mostly dependant on their exact stats. You should include such variations on your list or your rolling prices would only be misleading. Think about the number of such variations! Think about the rares - every one of them is truely unique, no "equities" of any kind! Think about the runewords with different base items and rolls! Think about... et cetera. Such list would be... enormous to say at least.

2) Even if you could compose such list - which you can't! - it wouldn't be much of a help. You'll probably just find out that the vast majority of items are traded too rarely during too long period of time to calculate any average price for it. Like - if someone sold his 101 def shako for 200fg on the second day of the ladder, it doesn't mean, that you can sell your's as well today (just an example).

3) How should forum software understand which item is being traded?

The second suggestion is a bizarre combination of communism and stock market and probably an instant suicide for d2jsp.

No, sorry.

This post was edited by Chos3n on Jan 21 2017 03:54pm
Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
Jan 21 2017 07:29pm
Too much work honestly.
Voted no.
Gold: 25,671.04
Jan 24 2017 08:47am
good idea!
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next