d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > 2017 Tesla Model X Additional Speakers
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,140.00
Jan 11 2017 11:33pm
Does anyone have experience installing additional speakers, upgrading stock ones also a subwoofer?

Thanks
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2017 12:00am
in a general sense i can help you but i've never touched a tesla personally.

a subwoofer can be a significant power drain on your car. you sure it's worth it given it's an electric car?

i wish i could help you but this is a brand new tesla and i'm having a hard time even finding the speaker sizes lol.
Gold: 30,140.00
Jan 12 2017 01:49am
I appreciate it.

I just spent an additional 6k today on new rims and performance tires. I might as well upgrade my stuff.

I heard about this company through tesla forums.

http://www.reusaudio.com

I guess their installer will fly out and install stuff. Pretty cool...
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2017 01:59am
well a line out converter(as cheap as $15) should give you subwoofer integration and this is a simple job.

tbh my biggest concern about this job would be damage to the car itself from removing all the internal panels to get to the speaker mounting slots.

any shop that gets high end cars regularly should be able to do this for you np. no real need to fly a guy around and stuff as none of this is specialty work except the subwoofer enclosure.

and even the subwoofer enclosure can be custom done at most shops you just might have to take it elsewhere to get it finished in fiber glass or w/e.

but again i really don't know the car but judging by the tesla s model videos i've seen i don't think it's too big a job for a local shop to do.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll