d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > 2004-2017 Lld Recap > Discuss The Golden Ages Of Lld
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,011.71
Jan 10 2017 10:25pm
Quote (Quicklaunch @ Jan 10 2017 09:21pm)
I guess if i was being serious. My memories were Hwp-pubsayihax aka enjoi353 introducing me into lld at the time. I was maiming a charger typically and rjg would nk me 24/7. Nobody wanted to play with me cause I was so bad.

Later on got better would duel with Rasmaren a lot and weaj. Me and weaj would me together looking for better gear for our llds. Did classic runs with him as well.

Got into fights with shitheads like Paul/David/bjcummings/etc cause I wasn't a part of the "in" crowd.

Became known as the bmer and asshole of lld to the point I moved to ladder for a while with mark, xthemobx, other llders before moving again back to nl with the haters.

By then David and Paul were nothing and would die constantly to me. And rage saying I was a ladder spawn as they picked up their bodies.

Paul had the best insults ever (asshat@jsp) and David wasn't far behind. Very creative in that aspect.

Then again nobody liked me and excluded from team duels do I went back to ladder and I don't remember much of that cause everyone knew who I was by then.

Came back to nl for good meeting people like rikid riox belathron and others. Eventually made somewhat a name of myself from all the idiots who hated me couldn't kill me anymore.

Knew mrslug a bit. Entered some tourneys on west. Got access to more characters. Joined euro for a bit. Was fun with hellsarmory? Or hellskin? Don't remember his jsp. Was fun despite huge lag on euro.

And finally stayed nl completely past 2 years and it's been great besides llding dying lately. And now nobody really fucks with me so that's fun I suppose.

Became good friends of iamasylum,boosted and andy2.
That's my drunken rant.

Tldr: weaj amazing to play with. Great learning from enjoi353. The rjg nks were fun who ended up becoming one of my friends actually.

And now nobody will ft5 me vs fg so good times(:

Do you really want tropics to take your fg?
Gold: 301.85
Warn: 20%
Jan 10 2017 10:26pm
Quote (Avenged123 @ Jan 10 2017 10:25pm)
Do you really want tropics to take your fg?

You probably couldn't kill my sorc once tbh.
Jan 10 2017 10:27pm
Quote (Quicklaunch @ Jan 10 2017 09:26pm)
You probably couldn't kill my sorc once tbh.

Would be such an easy duel for me I'm not gonna log on.
Gold: 542.20
Jan 10 2017 11:19pm
LLD History:

Year 2013, Avenged123 spawns on west ladder
Jan 10 2017 11:22pm
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 10 2017 10:19pm)
LLD History:

Year 2013, Avenged123 spawns on west ladder

Never played ladder cause I couldn't afford having to remake a char every 6 months :/
Gold: 542.20
Jan 10 2017 11:36pm
Quote (Avenged123 @ Jan 11 2017 05:22am)
Never played ladder cause I couldn't afford having to remake a char every 6 months :/

ok sorry that was mean I take it bakk

soz
Gold: 12,708.89
Jan 11 2017 06:49am
My lld memories are probably different from most of yours, since I've always been hc, which as we know is very different from sc :P
First got into lld/pking back on diabloii incgamers forums back in the early 2000s with some old friends, sonofrah, baranor, master_zappy, helzcaretaker and others. We all played legit, as most did back then, and got into it many times with bluemoonpk, which was just developing some of the first scripts to Tppk, chicken, and whatever else was in there.

All learned together, figured out some crafty new builds, and basically had a good time legit pking and dueling on hc, even as the cheats became more and more common. Not much on d2 is more fun than beating chicken or pkking script kiddys who have the latest trigs and still can't lld.

And of course lld101(rip :cry: ), and finally the more modern ladders. The hc lld scene is pretty hit or miss these days, some ladders have virtually nobody making them, this one has a pretty good scene, relative to most. Still can't shake the lld bug after all these years
Gold: 109.50
Jan 11 2017 07:18am
Quote (VTMatt4960 @ 11 Jan 2017 07:49)
My lld memories are probably different from most of yours, since I've always been hc, which as we know is very different from sc :P
First got into lld/pking back on diabloii incgamers forums back in the early 2000s with some old friends, sonofrah, baranor, master_zappy, helzcaretaker and others. We all played legit, as most did back then, and got into it many times with bluemoonpk, which was just developing some of the first scripts to Tppk, chicken, and whatever else was in there.

All learned together, figured out some crafty new builds, and basically had a good time legit pking and dueling on hc, even as the cheats became more and more common. Not much on d2 is more fun than beating chicken or pkking script kiddys who have the latest trigs and still can't lld.

And of course lld101(rip :cry: ), and finally the more modern ladders. The hc lld scene is pretty hit or miss these days, some ladders have virtually nobody making them, this one has a pretty good scene, relative to most. Still can't shake the lld bug after all these years

I started a gf/mf barb on hc lad hoping to gamble some lld items but I haven't even gotten around to levelling the barb yet :(. Haha I'll msg you if I get anything though

Best memories obviously ladder season 1 and the first year of nl after that. 1.09 was all melee but still fun. Since synergies came around lld has been 99% casters which is more fun. Before synergies nobody made them because they were awful.
Gold: 12,708.89
Jan 11 2017 07:40am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jan 11 2017 08:18am)
I started a gf/mf barb on hc lad hoping to gamble some lld items but I haven't even gotten around to levelling the barb yet :(. Haha I'll msg you if I get anything though

Appreciate that, thanks! :thumbsup:
Gold: 7,157.00
Jan 11 2017 08:35am
Quote (Worrywart @ 10 Jan 2017 04:54)
lld for me got better with time, which I guess is the opposite for many older players' experiences.

lld started out mostly melee duels and joke characters with little understanding of builds or mechanics. it was populated mostly by mfers and casual pvpers who for their own reasons did not want to do the standard pvp.
it consisted of mostly self found gear and half-finished builds since the items to finish a char did not exist for years after you started a build.

That's pretty much a grocery list of everything I dislike about d2. As the community developed people learned how to build chars, learned how to play chars, improved in pvp and the meta slowly shifted towards casters.
The lld community started to get competitive, and competitive players exploit flaws in rules. I don't see a 40 rep cap anymore, thank god and I'm glad we didn't end up with the eu rules list (we came close on some of them and I still think tearhaunch should be forced)

couple better memories stand out for me:
making my first lld, which was a level 9 tomb pking tiger strike before I had even heard of lld
watching uhohoverflow start a pride ft5 saying he would delete his chars if he lost, then losing.
meeting marco(its almost been 10 years, oh boy)
my one and only level 18 4v4 that didnt have any paladins in it (coincidentally about the same time I met marco)
having a two hour argument with jim over whether +1 sin claws were better than +2 trap claws
rpg dying in one hit to a fire golem death

18 tvts were the day.
So many happened back in the day. With ben x 2 kaz jerm and all.
I used to be a liytle sucker on a papadin who would only serve has a meat shield cause it was bad
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic