d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > 2004-2017 Lld Recap > Discuss The Golden Ages Of Lld
Prev1151617181921Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 35.65
Jan 17 2017 05:43am
Quote (InvestorGuy @ 17 Jan 2017 00:41)
Will do bud! Just remembered I had a 39 harmony zon called lollypop. I used to bring her whenever we were getting bm'd by random 80+ mf hammerdins and sorcs lol. I think she had a full inventory of 3/xx/20s and 3/xx/frw

Now I miss my old accounts haha.

EU It was, hm?
Gold: 100.00
Jan 17 2017 11:18pm
I started LLDing in .09. There was a group of us that made characters under level 34, we didn't believe the White wand was fair.

My first "good" LLD, was a level 34 Fury Druid with an Eth Steeldriver Great Maul. Occasionally I'd 1-2 hit people.

White rings were such a problem, because level 9 sins would wreck all of us. It was 03-04 that the predecessor or LLD101 (I don't remember the name of the Clan) started getting popular and real LLDs were joining our shitty games.

My first 101 LLD was a level 29 conc barb. I never tried to perfect any LLD, I'd make them to a certain point and then move onto another project.
I had a slew of mediocre/good LLDs. I quit for a 6 months after my amazing LLD sin circ was stolen by my really good friend at the time.

In 05 I got really into MLD. The MLD community was small, like a total of 10-15 Duelers on West, but it was really competitive. I acquired my Zbug Shaft/Helm and won the MLD Ladder for Melee and Ranged (Conc/FB). I ended up selling my account to Skulls for cash since I was a broke college student at that time and quit D2.

In 2007, another LLD trading forum popped up. I don't remember the name, but it gave you a free HR when you joined and more after so many posts. You'd also get free HRs if you posted guides or were helpful. Stealing LLD101 guides as his own to get free HRs is what got Spin. banned from LLD101. I made my LLD Cleric that year and participated in daily 4v4s. My 4v4 team won a major LLD tournament from that other side and won 40 hrs for the team. Alot of the ladder LLDs hated my Cleric and 101 banned Holy Bolt when I tried to join a team Arena. There was talk of disqualifying two Hdins who ran off screen to use Holy Bolt to heal each other but I remember they got disqualified because it was argued they ran to heal, unlike my Cleric who I always made sure to be on screen and in the fray when healing teammates.

In 2009, I ended up getting an Ebug Cruel Legend Sword and made another attempt on becoming #1 MLD by remaking my conc barb. I never got another Ebug Arreats, and I didn't finish his inven. Feannor had quit and MLD was dead, so he too got sold (this time for FG which I used to get magic cards on the Donors Forum),

I ended up quitting and coming in here and there, normally for just a few months at a time. I'll make a LLD, get bored, quit, come back, rinse/repeat. Nothing in D2 tends to hold my interest long enough.

My two major accomplishments were being #1 MLD for a time and getting a skill banned at 101.
Gold: 7,157.00
Jan 18 2017 10:18am
Quote (Worrywart @ 17 Jan 2017 03:08)
my lvl 9 tomb pker occasionally ran into a lvl 15 or lvl 18 lld that was undercover. and that was ~2004

I didn't really see any 49s on east until around 2007-2008 though

I had a wannabe mlder before that. Like a lvl 42 necro or something, that i used to kill the high levels trying to fuck my games (be it when i was trying to get into lld or my normal runs ahah)
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 18 2017 10:35am
My first "lld" is prob the worst built char of anyone. i was part of a 2 man team, me and a buddy.

i used a bowa that was lvl 9, it was built with all jewels of envy (20 poi dam over 2 secs) with a full inv of 6 poi dam scs. I would hit them with the poison then my buddy came along with a double swing barb wearing civerbs maces, he had a full inv of frw gcs and was w/e lvl those require (14?). he'd speed along and 1 shot them.

back then we were so clueless the idea of an open socket white item instead of a set or unique was silly, so all my gear was like biggins with jewel of envy or something similar. then again we also wasted full weeks building stuff for stupid battles, like "racer assasins" which would race from rogue encampment to cold plains wp or 2 summon necros for an army battle. those were the days.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 18 2017 10:36am
Gold: 190.50
Jan 18 2017 10:43am
Quote (Grim04 @ 18 Jan 2017 00:18)
I started LLDing in .09. There was a group of us that made characters under level 34, we didn't believe the White wand was fair.

My first "good" LLD, was a level 34 Fury Druid with an Eth Steeldriver Great Maul. Occasionally I'd 1-2 hit people.

White rings were such a problem, because level 9 sins would wreck all of us. It was 03-04 that the predecessor or LLD101 (I don't remember the name of the Clan) started getting popular and real LLDs were joining our shitty games.

My first 101 LLD was a level 29 conc barb. I never tried to perfect any LLD, I'd make them to a certain point and then move onto another project.
I had a slew of mediocre/good LLDs. I quit for a 6 months after my amazing LLD sin circ was stolen by my really good friend at the time.

In 05 I got really into MLD. The MLD community was small, like a total of 10-15 Duelers on West, but it was really competitive. I acquired my Zbug Shaft/Helm and won the MLD Ladder for Melee and Ranged (Conc/FB). I ended up selling my account to Skulls for cash since I was a broke college student at that time and quit D2.

In 2007, another LLD trading forum popped up. I don't remember the name, but it gave you a free HR when you joined and more after so many posts. You'd also get free HRs if you posted guides or were helpful. Stealing LLD101 guides as his own to get free HRs is what got Spin. banned from LLD101. I made my LLD Cleric that year and participated in daily 4v4s. My 4v4 team won a major LLD tournament from that other side and won 40 hrs for the team. Alot of the ladder LLDs hated my Cleric and 101 banned Holy Bolt when I tried to join a team Arena. There was talk of disqualifying two Hdins who ran off screen to use Holy Bolt to heal each other but I remember they got disqualified because it was argued they ran to heal, unlike my Cleric who I always made sure to be on screen and in the fray when healing teammates.

In 2009, I ended up getting an Ebug Cruel Legend Sword and made another attempt on becoming #1 MLD by remaking my conc barb. I never got another Ebug Arreats, and I didn't finish his inven. Feannor had quit and MLD was dead, so he too got sold (this time for FG which I used to get magic cards on the Donors Forum),

I ended up quitting and coming in here and there, normally for just a few months at a time. I'll make a LLD, get bored, quit, come back, rinse/repeat. Nothing in D2 tends to hold my interest long enough.

My two major accomplishments were being #1 MLD for a time and getting a skill banned at 101.

#1 west* mld for a time
Gold: 2,227.27
Jan 18 2017 11:10am
I joined LLD after the prime LLD days were over.

I first started LLD in 2010, the first ladder where they changed it to six months instead of a full year. I was a total noob, didn't even know what jsp was and only reason I got into LLD was because some lvl 30 dudes were pounding my ass in duels with my lvl 40s and 50s. I thought it was cool how strong lld was and probably the reason why I wanted to start a lld character. My first lld was a ww baba with 2x blood letters and peasant crown and twitch armor. I met Peteyboy (Adam is probably the only one that knows him and I know a lot of people didn't really like him like David and Paul) and he helped me out a lot. Told me how to build LLD char and introduced me to JSP and the guides and trades. He helped me out with free gears and grushes.

After the next ladder rolled around, I met Doyek, Jaime, Jerrybean, Adam, Mark, Ted, Cadagan, Mrslugs, and Mikey (who helped me out a lot) very soon after and by this point I was a lot more knowledgeable and made some great characters (cees#1). Then I met and got to know few more people like my m8 Drew, David, and Jim and rest of the LiB crew. I stopped LLDing shortly after that because of school and life shit. But it was definitely one of the most fun I had in my life. Used to spend hours on JSP and diablo 2.
Gold: 2,612.86
Jan 18 2017 07:05pm
i remember when me and Bel made lvl 8 holy bolt pallys and would fuck with people in pub duel games years ago lmao
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2017 09:24pm
I remember when Ste joined low Duels with pcrown barb (no joke)
Gold: 57.00
Jan 18 2017 11:14pm
Quote (Rikid @ 18 Jan 2017 23:24)
I remember when Ste joined low Duels with pcrown barb (no joke)

Was gn Low Duel No Ste ?
Gold: 18,600.00
Jan 19 2017 02:32am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 18 2017 10:35am)
My first "lld" is prob the worst built char of anyone. i was part of a 2 man team, me and a buddy.

i used a bowa that was lvl 9, it was built with all jewels of envy (20 poi dam over 2 secs) with a full inv of 6 poi dam scs. I would hit them with the poison then my buddy came along with a double swing barb wearing civerbs maces, he had a full inv of frw gcs and was w/e lvl those require (14?). he'd speed along and 1 shot them.

back then we were so clueless the idea of an open socket white item instead of a set or unique was silly, so all my gear was like biggins with jewel of envy or something similar. then again we also wasted full weeks building stuff for stupid battles, like "racer assasins" which would race from rogue encampment to cold plains wp or 2 summon necros for an army battle. those were the days.

Lolnerd
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev1151617181921Next
Add Reply New Topic