d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > 2004-2017 Lld Recap > Discuss The Golden Ages Of Lld
12321Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2017 09:31am
Any LLD before then only did BM Ft5 duels with Nm Mephisto.

Dig in the old archives and recover relics of the past which shaped LLD into what it is today. It can be screenshots of controversial duels, LLD characracters, items, tournaments, or even old threads/conversations.

I feel as though many memorable moments and time periods have LLD have been forgotten. There was a point where the community was so active that there were at least 3 public games open at a time (Low Lvl Duel, Low Duels, Low Lvl Duelz). Of course there were the occasional rando HLDs that joined and got stomped by allied LLDers (lmao good times) but more often than not there were at least 12+ LLDers online on an average day from what I could remember.

I'll begin the thread with this: www.LLD101.com

Remember when most of us use to trade there? Spend countless hours sifting through guides in order to create the strongest LLD possible with knifty gear and style of play?
Gold: 5,495.69
Jan 9 2017 10:12am
I was much later to the scene than everybody else unfortunately and as much as I enjoy reading these nostalgia topics (and the one Trev posted here), it makes me sad to think I missed the best of it.

I started LLD (the only type of dueling I've ever done) mid 2014 with a couple of 18s (Bowa and then a fissure I think it was). Built a mld esfb shortly after (in time for an EU tour early 2015), and a lvl30 plague and boner around the same time.

Took me quite a while to find these when I started LLD. I wanted to know what people were talking about ^^

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=60575384&f=143
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=27455689&f=143

/edit - I found some of those charms you were after. Lmk when you can pick them up.

This post was edited by bonnerf2 on Jan 9 2017 10:13am
Gold: 1,027.00
Jan 9 2017 10:30am
The world vs FasterA back in 2009-2010 i think was legendaro.

Level 21, 24 was legendaro level brackets also.
Gold: 190.50
Jan 9 2017 10:52am
Meitous 40x bmana es fballer for #1 lld of all time imo
Gold: 57.00
Jan 9 2017 11:59am
good memories:

arena ladders on lld101, the last relic of non-pride ladders :lol:
the lld jsp guild wars of ~2008-2010 :rofl:
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 9 2017 01:08pm
Random events that stand out to me looking back:

Roy vs. Jawn in epic 18 charger shit talking threads that didn't result in a single duel.

Turock's legit run VLLD ladders from the 2009ish era.

Roy vs. GS in a similar to jawn thread

Mikey's trapper getting deleted by BJ Cummings

Mikey's ladders from ESCL around the 2010 era

The fuuuu ladder with all weird builds

every ladder ever having like 12 cookie cutter zealer/chargers for the first few months

the fuuu thread in general being legendary

Breakz trophy thread / perz trophy thread / diablo2g/m's trophy thread / angel_elite's trophy tiger striker / cheats (best all time IMO for the era) chars

Fastera vs. euro / RPG vs. east

18 tvt back in the day, was the most fun i had in all of my career tbh

linny ironmans

jim vs. bj shit talking, sack vs. jim, greg vs bj, etc

my short time with GS trying to make lld in d3 work, mfing in NM and theory crafting before PVP was abandoned and the balance proved to be shit

the old mistakes/HGH/LLDPK/VLLD/=18/LiB/etc guild rivalries.

purist ladders, both the PVP ones i ran east/eu and the PVM ones we did mostly spearheaded by Cheeeseeatah and Pong

i'm sure more will come to me, that's about all i can put on paper at lunch tho lol

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 9 2017 01:09pm
Gold: 215.80
Jan 9 2017 02:37pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 9 2017 02:08pm)
Random events that stand out to me looking back:

Roy vs. Jawn in epic 18 charger shit talking threads that didn't result in a single duel.

Turock's legit run VLLD ladders from the 2009ish era.

Roy vs. GS in a similar to jawn thread

Mikey's trapper getting deleted by BJ Cummings

Mikey's ladders from ESCL around the 2010 era

The fuuuu ladder with all weird builds

every ladder ever having like 12 cookie cutter zealer/chargers for the first few months

the fuuu thread in general being legendary

Breakz trophy thread / perz trophy thread / diablo2g/m's trophy thread / angel_elite's trophy tiger striker / cheats (best all time IMO for the era) chars

Fastera vs. euro / RPG vs. east

18 tvt back in the day, was the most fun i had in all of my career tbh

linny ironmans

jim vs. bj shit talking, sack vs. jim, greg vs bj, etc

my short time with GS trying to make lld in d3 work, mfing in NM and theory crafting before PVP was abandoned and the balance proved to be shit

the old mistakes/HGH/LLDPK/VLLD/=18/LiB/etc guild rivalries.

purist ladders, both the PVP ones i ran east/eu and the PVM ones we did mostly spearheaded by Cheeeseeatah and Pong

i'm sure more will come to me, that's about all i can put on paper at lunch tho lol

Lib sux
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2017 06:23pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 9 2017 02:08pm)
Jawn16

No1 could 'andle his riddum.
Gold: 301.85
Warn: 20%
Jan 9 2017 10:44pm
The golden ages of John Repolge
Gold: 175.01
Jan 10 2017 02:54am
lld for me got better with time, which I guess is the opposite for many older players' experiences.

lld started out mostly melee duels and joke characters with little understanding of builds or mechanics. it was populated mostly by mfers and casual pvpers who for their own reasons did not want to do the standard pvp.
it consisted of mostly self found gear and half-finished builds since the items to finish a char did not exist for years after you started a build.

That's pretty much a grocery list of everything I dislike about d2. As the community developed people learned how to build chars, learned how to play chars, improved in pvp and the meta slowly shifted towards casters.
The lld community started to get competitive, and competitive players exploit flaws in rules. I don't see a 40 rep cap anymore, thank god and I'm glad we didn't end up with the eu rules list (we came close on some of them and I still think tearhaunch should be forced)

couple better memories stand out for me:
making my first lld, which was a level 9 tomb pking tiger strike before I had even heard of lld
watching uhohoverflow start a pride ft5 saying he would delete his chars if he lost, then losing.
meeting marco(its almost been 10 years, oh boy)
my one and only level 18 4v4 that didnt have any paladins in it (coincidentally about the same time I met marco)
having a two hour argument with jim over whether +1 sin claws were better than +2 trap claws
rpg dying in one hit to a fire golem death

This post was edited by Worrywart on Jan 10 2017 03:01am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12321Next
Add Reply New Topic