d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Brood War & Windows 8 > Y No Working??
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,338.88
Jan 7 2017 09:22am
hey fellow gamers. I have a compatibility issue and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or can help me

I used to play brood war frequently on my windows 8 but lately when I open the game it automatically minimizes itself and I can't get it to stay open.

I've browsed a few q & a and troubleshooting pages but I've had no luck. I have sc2 but brood war is so much fun! I don't want to give up on it!

anyone had this problem and found a way around it??
thanks for any info! B)

tldr: brood war auto minimizes itself, how I fix?
Gold: 5,338.88
Jan 14 2017 08:47pm
popular sub forum bump
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 15 2017 04:48am
Quote (HisHighness @ Jan 7 2017 08:22am)
hey fellow gamers. I have a compatibility issue and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or can help me

I used to play brood war frequently on my windows 8 but lately when I open the game it automatically minimizes itself and I can't get it to stay open.

I've browsed a few q & a and troubleshooting pages but I've had no luck. I have sc2 but brood war is so much fun! I don't want to give up on it!

anyone had this problem and found a way around it??
thanks for any info! B)

tldr: brood war auto minimizes itself, how I fix?

right click the shortcut to the game, and change the compatibility settings to window xp. should work. and if that doesnt try running it in windowed mode. might suck but better than not being able to play
Gold: 521.00
Mar 4 2017 03:00am
Right click on the game icon and along with changing compatibility to XP Pack 3, select "Disable Desktop composition" and "Run in 256 color". If you have an option for "run in 640x480 screen resolution", select that too. If you're running this on a newer laptop, you may not be able to play the game because the laptop may not support the 640x480 resolution needed to play the game. Also, Brood War doesn't support windowed mode.

And if that works, then you'll want to run your computer in "Windows Classic Mode", assuming 8 will do that, and keep your "Screen Resolution Menu" open. This will correct the fucked up graphics... for whatever reason, I have no idea.
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll